User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I am talking about damage/corruption not normal wisdom.
    But where is the line?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

heart on fire

I didn't think I'd "discovered" anything, where would anyone get that idea?...just wanted to discuss a concept. Good grief. I am totally fed up now.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I didn't think I'd "discovered" anything, where would anyone get that idea?...just wanted to discuss a concept. Good grief. I am totally fed up now.
    Nevermind, I'll just walk away. Forget I was here.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I do apologize. It takes a great deal of conscious effort to escape our nature. Mine being "a sore tempatation to 'correct' others" and "a need to pour water on others' burning enthusiasm."

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I do apologize. It takes a great deal of conscious effort to escape our nature. Mine being "a sore tempatation to 'correct' others" and "a need to pour water on others' burning enthusiasm."
    It's okay. I'm over-reactive lately.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    You would think that.

Depending on how you rate intelligence this may be true. I maintain that Thinking is necessary to be intelligent, but even still: Being T doesn't make you so.

I know this one ISTP...
    Well I'll put it this way. CC, you're not half as dumb as he is.
    What I want to know is if your're using logic/reasoning does that autoatically mean you're using T? I know that T uses logic/reasoning but IS T LOGIC AND REASONING?

I don't know that I buy all that....about functions and intelligence....not for now anyway...T for intellectual intelligence and F for emotional and social intelligence....I dunno about that.

EDIT: but I guess you don't buy it either because you mentioned an exception.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    What I want to know is if your're using logic/reasoning does that autoatically mean you're using T? I know that T uses logic/reasoning but IS T LOGIC AND REASONING?

I don't know that I buy all that....about functions and intelligence....not for now anyway...T for intellectual intelligence and F for emotional and social intelligence....I dunno about that.
    im going to quote myself

Even though the functions are much better at portraying our "true personality", discussing the dynamics of type, and moments where Ne is definitely different from Ni etc...
    I doubt our brain is actually wired to have a Ne or Ti pathway. I think even with environment removed, one persons Ti will be wired different from another persons Ti.
    i think its best to think of Fi and Ti people, as people who have a slightly different make up as far as how they make decisions. Yes the differences can be drastic: bluewings rants will be much different from say Heart's.... but i doubt there is like a switchboard with a Ti and Fi pathway.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    im going to quote myself

i think its best to think of Fi and Ti people, as people who have a slightly different make up as far as how they make decisions. Yes the differences can be drastic: bluewings rants will be much different from say Heart's.... but i doubt there is like a switchboard with a Ti and Fi pathway.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. I thought the decision making functions were just that, decision making functions! Why would deciding things a certain way make you more intelligent?

And I think I get what you're saying with the Ti and Fi pathway thing. There is probably no Ti or Fi portion of the brain. When you use Ti and Fi you are indeed using your brain to reason and to come up with rationale but it's not a specific Ti or Fi part of the brain. Your Ti or Fi is calling on your brain to have good rationale and if you've got a good brain then your Ti or Fi rationale will be good, if not then it won't. Lol I think I might have made that sound even more confusing. Did I understand you right?

Uhmm now I have to go research brains...

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    What I want to know is if your're using logic/reasoning does that autoatically mean you're using T?
    Not exactly -- Thinking makes decisions based on the logic.
    Fs can be logical. Ts can be emotional.
    Whichever they use to make decisions determines the color of the function.

For example a Feeling type mother knows that it's much cheaper to send her kid to the public school, but the private school makes her Feel better, so she sends them there.

Kay. You don't have to. Because functions don't decide intelligence. If there's really a connection it would be that intelligence persuades us to use the 'more intelligent' functions.

EDIT: but I guess you don't buy it either because you mentioned an exception.[/QUOTE]

Well... I mean I know an idiot ISTP. He does things logically, and impersonally -- makes decisions based on logic rather than emotions, but he still does things poorly because he's not very smart, and therefore can't use/construct logic very well.

MBTI
    ENTJ

You're probably not an NT if you're stupid. The end.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^