User Tag List

First 1234 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Terian View Post
    I think the distinction should be "cold-hearted Feelers" vs "warm-hearted Thinkers".
    Hmm, warm-hearted thinkers, a few come to mind.

They're absolutely lovely!!!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    All the "good" type descriptions assume people had a chance to develop normally--that parents and teachers honored the preferences of they child and they got to actually use their dominant and, later, auxiliary as they moved through adolescence.

So this thread is right on--ADD, difficulties in childhood, can either block development OR can push development of the other preferences in ways that make it difficult to know what is preferred. Can be a blessing or can really screw you up.
    I was just thinking about this recently. I just discovered Enneagram recently and one of the things I really like about it is how each of the types are described at healthy, average and unhealthy levels. MBTI seems to mostly just describe the healthy version of each type. There is an optimism that seems to feel that differences between people are just a matter of understanding type. It is not always that simple because sometimes you are dealing with with people who have minor or major mental issues.

For example, what if the person you are trying to get along with is verbally abusive, sadistic, manipulative, selfish or narcisistic? Can MBTI shed any clues there that would help us. I am not talking about normal "insenstivity" often attributed to Ts. A healthy T might "insult" you by giving an honest opinion when you ask what he thinks about something, but it is not the same thing as being verbally abusive or intentionally cruel. I think some of these people may be messed up Ss, but it is hard to tell. I am guessing S, because sometimes I try to defend myself verbally with logic and the logic doesn't seem to register at all.

Sometimes I run into people who are both irrational (which would seem to be a low T) and emotionally cruel to other people (which would seem to be a low F). So are they messed up Ts or messed up Fs? Can you even type people like this who are apparently missing one of their top two fuctions.

Ilah

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Wasn't it settled that what most people unconsciously mean when they refer to Asperger's is "being INTP or INFP." Perhaps that's just my opinion.
    Huh? I never heard of that.Though I heard from at least one type enthusiast that the traits could be explained through type. But I found that to be a bit overgeneralized. Like it's supposed to be lack of Fe consciousness. But then lack of concern for others is not the only aspect of AS. However, being assumed that lack of Fe consciousness implies Fi preference, that would suggest that a Ti type could not have the apparent "syndrome". However, INTP is one of the types that supposedly has a high rate. So this gets right into what I was asking.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Huh? I never heard of that.Though I heard from at least one type enthusiast that the traits could be explained through type. But I found that to be a bit overgeneralized. Like it's supposed to be lack of Fe consciousness. But then lack of concern for others is not the only aspect of AS. However, being assumed that lack of Fe consciousness implies Fi preference, that would suggest that a Ti type could not have the apparent "syndrome". However, INTP is one of the types that supposedly has a high rate. So this gets right into what I was asking.
    Generally speaking, I don't buy into these "mild" mental disorders as qualitatively different from normal human psychology.

Specifically speaking, if you've never heard of MBTI, but you have heard of Asperger's, you could easily call most INTPs and some INFPs victims of this "horrible curse."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I find it important, not to normalize MBTI. So according to the understanding, if some words a person says were really T or really F , it means that this is more to be applied in an interpersonal social complex.

So for example, when I tell a F in linear thinking that I will never watch a TV show again, because in a special moment it sucked and she replies "Oh you will". Then I know according to MBTI theory that this is because she sees things in a holistic manner and she knows that even if I say now "never", this does not mean that on the next day I will not draw a circle in my reasoning and watch the show again. What I wont, cause my T-ness is linear and when I say it, I mean it.

What I wanted to say: I do not think that personality psychology still works with intrapersonal mental disorders. You really can bend the theory to fit it and too see it as a holistic working system, because logically personality is made out of mental disorders. But linear spoken MBTI looses its charme in my opinion, when you apply it to medical issues.

It works better as an interpersonal concept, to establish connections between people, who otherwise would have never get to know each other, because they have no way of understanding each other.

Uff that post made me sweat, have to take a shower now
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    There's a lot of that kind of thing at INTPc.
    *cough cough and a few here too cough*

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I wonder if Asperger's, while maybe increasing intellectual skills somewhat (though maybe oddly, at times), nevertheless increases Fi-like traits (being concerned with one's own wants, being overly sensitive at perceived offenses, etc).
    Where does it say that Fi types are more concerned with their own wants than other types?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Fs can be logical and cold and Ts can be warm and fuzzy.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Also, intelligence has nothing to do with F or T-ness, I think.
    You would think that.

Depending on how you rate intelligence this may be true. I maintain that Thinking is necessary to be intelligent, but even still: Being T doesn't make you so.

I know this one ISTP...
    Well I'll put it this way. CC, you're not half as dumb as he is.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Where does it say that Fi types are more concerned with their own wants than other types?
    What I was trying to convey there was not about Fi types in general, but that people with AS might seem like they have high Fi use because they are so into their own interests and such, over other people. (Hence, why I said "Fi-like").
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas