• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mild grunting, few words and full sentences only when neccessary.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Do most introverts communicate like this and does the idea of a world without verbal communication not freak you out in the least.

(When I read about communication being the be-all and end-all of a relashionship I shudder, and wonder how the heck I'm gonna make it with someone!)

That's how my grand dad communicates. He's about 90, btw.

The idea of a world without verbal communication does not exist in my head.

burkeus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
When I'm in a situation or conversation where I can tell that others expect me to be talkative, I do it, but mostly just to accommodate them. It literally takes too much energy out of me; when I'm done I give a huge sigh and lie down for a minute, and am generally a little annoyed.

Condor

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I'll respond politely, but that's about it. When someone asks how I'm doing, I'll answer. I'll say, "I'm fine" or "okay" or something like that. And that's it. I understand it's the overture to starting a conversation, but I don't recriprocate unless I actually care how a person is.

most of the time, it's yes, no, no thank you, and have a good day.

The weird thing is I expect the same when I initiate a conversation. If I ask about a what someone is doing, I really don't need a fifteen minute precursor about why their doing it before they answer my question.

The people I value are the ones whose conversations generally are limited to yes, no, no thank you, and have a good day.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Bella, I saw the title of this thread, and thought this was going to be your blog. I still think it'd make a great blog title.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Oh hi.:hi:

I have been thinking hard and long about blogging but will feel like a pretentious dodo if I start one.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Moved from SJ Guardhorse, since it has to do with all introverts, I'd suspect.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh hi.:hi:

I have been thinking hard and long about blogging but will feel like a pretentious dodo if I start one.

I think you should do it. :yes:

I'll read it.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Why are you calling me an idiot?
Please note the lack of smiley face. I am genuinely perturbed!

Members Only

MBTI Type
INFP
I have never had a problem engaging in small talk, or talk of any kind, as long as my relationships are formed in a relaxed manner.

I have different groups/individuals for different conversational needs:

I have a large group of S friends at my part time job, who I mostly joke around with and speak about sport; generally your typical everyday topics, but with humor.

I also have a large group of N friends at my University, where I get to speak more esoterically on a variety of subject matters which would send my S friends to sleep, in much the same way I imagine talking about sport would bore my N friends to death.

I enjoy both types of conversation, all though obviously, being an N, I am slightly more inclined to the N side of things.

I do prefer to write my thoughts however.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Eye contact is very good replacement of verbal communication if there's nothing specific to say. Or, even if you have something to say, it might be useful to scan if they're interested in talking...

Members Only

MBTI Type
INFP
I only make real eye contact with girls I want to date...and stuff. But yeah, I don't know why I don't like making eye contact with anybody else.