• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rarest female type?

What is in your personal (real-life) experience the rarest female type(s)?

• Total voters

Usehername

On a mission
Jennifer--thanks for that detailed, helpful reply! I will keep that in mind.

Lookin'--go to church.

heh.

No, but seriously, go to church. I don't care if you're an atheist, you have to meet some other ENFJs. These have always been the people involved in things like Youth Ministry, Counseling, Teaching English as a 2nd Language/helping new immigrants adapt to teh culture/etc.
They are bright and do the "people" jobs better than anyone else I know.

Specifically, my experience has seen them at social events. Not just "get together" social events, but purposeful, growing type social events. (i.e. the youth programs where they can mentor, or those women's groups where people share, etc.)

Seriously, go to church. You will not regret it. Do you have any religious beliefs? Aren't ENFJs most likely to believe in the higher power? (But hey, I won't stereotype, because you're talking to an INTJ, which is least likely.)

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
This cracks me up, and the reason that it's hard to take many of the discussions of type theory very seriously on the forums. Look at the poll, and tell me there is no subjective biasness toward intuition. If you overwhelmingly vote that INFJ is the rarest male, then some form of EST would logically have to be considered for female.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
This cracks me up, and the reason that it's hard to take many of the discussions of type theory very seriously on the forums. Look at the poll, and tell me there is no subjective biasness toward intuition. If you overwhelmingly vote that INFJ is the rarest male, then some form of EST would logically have to be considered for female.

FWIW, NFJs are the rarest types of males, INTs are the rarest females. There is a bias here, but not the one you describe.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you overwhelmingly vote that INFJ is the rarest male, then some form of EST would logically have to be considered for female.

Why?

That doesn't even fit real-life data for me.

I know only one INTJ female in real life, while I know a number of ESTx females. Since there are more sensors than intuitives, it would make sense that INT women would probably be more scarce.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Why?

That doesn't even fit real-life data for me.

I know only one INTJ female in real life, while I know a number of ESTx females. Since there are more sensors than intuitives, it would make sense that INT women would probably be more scarce.
No empirical evidence to support this, only subjective opinions. I know quite a few female INTs, so again are you basing a truth on your subjective opinion?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
No empirical evidence to support this, only subjective opinions.

I would consider CAPT's 1,000,000 MBTI type database to count as empirical evidence, within the framework of administrating MBTI. His subjective view matches up pretty well with that.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
FWIW, NFJs are the rarest types of males, INTs are the rarest females. There is a bias here, but not the one you describe.
Based on what PT? Jung declares that in general, men are S & Ts and women are N & Fs. There is no empirical evidence to support this.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No empirical evidence to support this, only subjective opinions. I know quite a few female INTs, so again are you basing a truth on your subjective opinion?

Of course it was subjective. I was very clear about that.

My problem was with the comment of yours that I quoted in my post: Why is it logical for ESTx to be the "least common female" just because INFJ might be the "least common male"? I personally do not see the connection.

The subjective comment was just thrown in as a freebie, like an "And besides" comment.

Anytime you'd like to explain your reasoning on the comment ABOVE that I have paraphrased, please feel free.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Is there usually an easily noticeable difference between ISTPs and INTPs? I know they're both Introverted Thinkers, but the different extroverted auxiliary functions, I assume would make them seem quite different.

The stereotypes, I always assumed, were that ISTPs were more interested in fixing mechanical things and such while INTPs had more geeky interests and that ISTPs appeared more "sporty" while INTPs appeared more "nerdy."
Keyword. There is no indication of this, and based on what I have read about type functions, the ISTP comes closer to resembling INTJ than INTP. Ti and Ni are both have a need for complexity. The difference is Ti base their decisions on ruling principles and Ni from a gestation. Se and Te both resemble because of their need for empirical evidence. The difference comes in terms of action wherein Se may decide to take action, with confidence they will learn as they go. Te must have as much knowledge of the object, up to mastery, before they will act. This is best evidenced in comparing the ENTJ/ESTP.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Based on what PT? Jung declares that in general, men are S & Ts and women are N & Fs. There is no empirical evidence to support this.

Again, based on over a million tests. The population breakdown is pretty well known, with a huge sampling across multiple forms. I may disagree with MBTI's distribution techniques but it is difficult to argue with the population preferences within it. (By this, I mean using FFM or another personality system entirely, which is based on an entirely different theory.)

I don't believe Jung said that exactly - he said that society expects men to be 'ST' types and women to be NF types (animus and anima) and that many must repress their nature. All of this is based not on his functional views but his archetype stuff... so I'm not sure it mixes perfectly either. This is also simply because he didn't see the functions the way MBTI does, so the meaning between being ST and NF is very different from his theory to the current MBTI view.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Again, based on over a million tests. The population breakdown is pretty well known, with a huge sampling across multiple forms. I may disagree with MBTI's distribution techniques but it is difficult to argue with the population preferences within it. (By this, I mean using FFM or another personality system entirely, which is based on an entirely different theory.)
Where is this information?
I don't believe Jung said that exactly - he said that society expects men to be 'ST' types and women to be NF types (animus and anima) and that many must repress their nature. All of this is based not on his functional views but his archetype stuff... so I'm not sure it mixes perfectly either. This is also simply because he didn't see the functions the way MBTI does, so the meaning between being ST and NF is very different from his theory to the current MBTI view.
Do you just make this up, and expect it to be taken at face value? First I did not say NF, exclusively, because he refers to N and F individually. More particualarly Ne and Fe. Jung’s definitions are online for all to view. As for Fe he says, “When extraverted feeling possesses the priority we speak of an extraverted feeling-type. Examples of this type that I can call to mind are, almost without exception, women.”

AND

For Ne he says, “Apparently this type is more prone to favour women than men; in which case, however, the intuitive activity reveals itself not so much in the professional as in the social sphere. Such women understand the art of utilizing every social opportunity; they establish right social con- [p. 466] nections; they seek out lovers with possibilities only to abandon everything again for the sake of a new possibility.”

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Where is this information?

It has been passed around a lot here, but here it is (again)... from CAPT, which is the research branch of CPP, the owners of the MBTI instrument. You can order more research from them if you are curious about it.

The sample size, from a while back, was 941,000. Most (~98%) are done with Form F and G. Other commercial databases show similar values, which can be seen in books like "Type Talk at Work", along with more statistical information.

Do you just make this up, and expect it to be taken at face value?

No and no. I was unaware that he had said that, actually... interesting. A shame Jung never actually did a statistical experiment to see if he was right, it would of been interesting to see how he changed his theories.

In the end, he is half right... Females are more F than men... but Ns are slightly more male than females.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Thanks P. I saw this report, which is similar to most type projections that I have witnessed. However, I will put the question to this group, as I have the websites who display such stats.

1. Why are these surveys broken down by dichotomies, instead of a truer indication (cognitive functions)? Are they implying that the 47-55 % of introverts (as an example), are equally distributed between the four cognitive functions (Si-Ni-Ti and Fi)? In that case, Si and Ni dominant types equally have a 11.75-13.75% proportion. We know that is untrue.
  • Following the above line of reasoning, when grouping by dichotomy, there is a gross skewing of types using the Se and Ne cognitive functions, since all preferring intuition (regardless of which cognitive function used) will show a rarity because most likely Ni is the rarest cognitive function used, and all preferring sensing will show higher results because of Si is the greatest cognitive function used (per capita).
I think the sample is large enough, however without some means of knowing which cognitive function those being surveyed prefer, you would have to group all four introverted cognitive functions together and giving them equally proportion. These type surveys are highly inconclusive per MBTI and Jung. At best, they show a viable breakdown to those who subscribe to dichotomous usage such as Keirsey, Kroeger and the Tiegers. But, it?s not true MBTI results.