User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is in your personal (real-life) experience the rarest female type(s)?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

17 42.50%
  • INTJ

18 45.00%
  • ENTP

6 15.00%
  • ENTJ

10 25.00%
  • INFP

1 2.50%
  • INFJ

2 5.00%
  • ENFP

0 0%
  • ENFJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

2 5.00%
  • ISTJ

3 7.50%
  • ESTP

3 7.50%
  • ESTJ

1 2.50%
  • ISFP

0 0%
  • ISFJ

0 0%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    I've met a few ESTJ women, and they shared one interesting characteristic which I think is a symptom of being female ESTJ: They are both exaggeratedly femme. I think it's compensation.
    Just to be contrarian the ESTJ women I know are in no way femme. More like tomboys actually.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The three ESTJ women I knew were all in "managerial" position of some sort, they liked wielding power. They were all very personable and civil in one-to-one interaction... but I also tried to never cross them in any way because they were very cutthroat and strong-willed. When I had to deal with them, I just made sure to stick to facts and impersonal logic and be pragmatic about my solutions ... and they responded well to that. They liked it when people were very upfront with them.

One was sort of tomboyish, one was very elegant (rather like the Ice Queen -- coldly beautiful), and one was very effeminate in appearance ... but very assertive and blunt.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    type

The ESTJ women I met were professionally managers, but I met them in different environments--where they were peers or followers of their nemesis, the INTP Gen-Xer. (INFP would be their arch-nemesis, of course.)
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    ISTP

I've met a few ESTJ women, and they shared one interesting characteristic which I think is a symptom of being female ESTJ: They are both exaggeratedly femme. I think it's compensation.
    Hmmm, the two I know aren't - not the exact opposite, but not overly so, to say the least.

I have to ask the thread in general - how many have been told what type they are from the formal test... and how much is guessed? Of the group that was tested, I'm still only right about 2/3 to 3/4 of the time now... and that's after a decade of trying to apply the theory. It was lower even a couple of year ago.

(I can't comment on type, since I'd just be using the statistics, even if they were more local.)

MBTI
    type

Everyone I talk about as being a type will have admitted to being that type.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein

MBTI
    ISTP

Everyone I talk about as being a type will have admitted to being that type.
    Heh, you don't count

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I have to ask the thread in general - how many have been told what type they are from the formal test... and how much is guessed?
    Anyone I bring up here had their type stamped on their back right butt cheek (along with the patent number).

Easy as cake(!).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Anyone I bring up here had their type stamped on their back right butt cheek (along with the patent number).

Easy as cake(!).
    I got mine burned on my arm when I went to camp...

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Heh, you don't count
    Yeah...my standards are soooo high.

MBTI
    ISTP

Yeah...my standards are soooo high.
    Heh, I meant because you are a pro anyway :P

What I'm saying is that one of the down sides to type is the tendency to project type onto someone - very rarely are they formally tested. That makes up to three large gaps... The guesser projects traits (and even if he/she asks, often will lead the person to an answer; The target has taken only a net test, which is rarely even close to a MBTI test (G or M); The guesser never actually asks, just assumes he/she is correct.

So when asking, "what is the rarest type you have met?" it is likely that you'll trend away from the types that are similar to yourself. This is because we will say they are "not like us" or "like us"... For example, Jennifer's comments on "All Ss", except for a couple of Ns that have stereotyped positions. If you look at his breakdown, you'll note that the total amount of NTs are 1 out of 26. And 5/100+ for both genders. Course, this is prone to natural selection and bias... But in both cases, it should be several times larger - a large deviation.

In my case, I don't find them all that rare. Not statistically rare, anyway, which is what I'm seeing here.

I suspect heavy bias due to localized culture is responsible (Jennifer, I know, comes from a more... traditional Christian backdrop... which should, in theory, emulate SFJ - caring - and NF - value systems, which it does.)