• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rarest male type?

What is in your personal (real-life) experience the rarest male type(s)?

• Total voters

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Consistency, with no compelling reason not to (remonstrance doesn't satisfy, but rest assured, there is no personal factor). The same is done for Lee.

All right, I will take your word for it in regards to no "personal" factor.

So could you please stop anyway?

Consistency-wise, it's confusing to other posters (especially new people) because my posts are under one name on MBTIc and you're quoting them under a DIFFERENT name.

That is FAR more inconsistent than some sort of arbitrary consistency you're trying to construct between two separate forums. Does that make sense?

And there's also the personal element, where I can't help but feel offended just as if you started calling me by a different name altogether. Other people have been very gracious and accommodating, and I'd hope you could honor my wishes here as well... especially since you've now admitted you have no real good reason for doing otherwise. Thanks.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Consistency is a fine reason. And the links work. Don't push.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Sigh. Do I actually have to drag this before the Mod board and beat you with an ugly stick into the Graveyard for awhile?

I'm that serious.

Usehername

On a mission
INFP guys are not as uncommon as you might think -- they usually take the form of emo kids.

Although one must wonder if they should be considered male...

my little bro is INFP but does not give off the vibe until you meet him one on one.

He's a highly athletic guy who gets along with all of his teammates, but he's also super nerdy in math and science (and while he doesn't show it off, he doesn't hide it like he's ashamed of it). He's not too shy, either. It really requires the one-on-one time to see the INFP in him.
You can see he's an "F" b/c he's a guy and it's kinda noticeable, but I was actually taken aback when I found out he was INFP. It totally makes sense, but I thought he would be an NT with a developed F (and I thought I saw his F b/c I was his sister).

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
INFP guys are not as uncommon as you might think -- they usually take the form of emo kids.

Although one must wonder if they should be considered male...

I think you are more likely to find ISFPs as emo kids than INFPs.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That was sort of why I was laughing when I thought of it.

So why DO you keep calling me by a name I've asked not to use here? I was willing to give you the benefit of a doubt earlier, but now that Economica broached the topic and you're still doing it, I can't help but think you've got some actual reason for doing so.

If you'd like to discuss it, please feel free to send me a PM.

Since we're discussing the refusal to call people by the names they're going by, it really does make me want to come up with a nice new name for you, since two can play the game as easily as one.

Hmmm... What could HTB stand for??? <devilish glint> Maybe that's a new thread topic in the Fluff zone...

1. Consistency, with no compelling reason not to (remonstrance doesn't satisfy, but rest assured, there is no personal factor). The same is done for Lee.

2. Only one INTP from INTPc knows. That aside, there's more mystery than meaning to it.

Sigh. Do I actually have to drag this before the Mod board and beat you with an ugly stick into the Graveyard for awhile?

I'm that serious.

Fuckin' Js.

P.S. the answer is INFJ.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Why's that?

Emo, at least to me, implies a sort of scenester attitude. It just strikes me as very SFP, especially isfp. From Joe Butt:

"ISFPs are the first to hear the different drummer. Many eagerly plunge into new fashions, avant garde experiences, 'hip' trends--some even setting the trends."

An Infp strives for uniqueness like an isfp, but I think they approach it rather differently: the isfp way seems vain while the infp way seem autonomous.

Granted, an infp could fall into being one, but I think (s)he would be rather "underdeveloped". I just can't imagine a mature emo infp. Maybe I'm just wrong. I dunno.

I thought ISFPs INFPs would be people like stoners.

Fixed.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Emo, at least to me, implies a sort of scenester attitude. It just strikes me as very SFP, especially isfp. From Joe Butt:

"ISFPs are the first to hear the different drummer. Many eagerly plunge into new fashions, avant garde experiences, 'hip' trends--some even setting the trends."

An Infp strives for uniqueness like an isfp, but I think they approach it rather differently: the isfp way seems vain while the infp way seem autonomous.

Granted, an infp could fall into being one, but I think (s)he would be rather "underdeveloped". I just can't imagine a mature emo infp. Maybe I'm just wrong. I dunno.

Fixed.

Yes, but put things into the emo perspective, they'll probably choose N because of their vain desire to be unique, but maybe you're right.

I think Goths, however, are more likely INxPs because they're not really vain, they tend to question the meaning behind everything, and they seem to be more intellectual and philosophical.

Stoner as an INFP? I thought stoners were hedonists, an SP trait.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, but put things into the emo perspective, they'll probably choose N because of their vain desire to be unique, but maybe you're right.

I think Goths, however, are more likely INxPs because they're not really vain, they tend to question the meaning behind everything, and they seem to be more intellectual and philosophical.

I'll agree with you that goths probably lean more towards the intuitive side than emo kids.

Stoner as an INFP? I thought stoners were hedonists, an SP trait.

Again, I think it comes down to approach. For starters, I think it's fair to say that Pot definitely brings out an individual's Fi, especially if your introverted. SPs seem to do it for the thrill of the moment, whilst NFs (in this case, infp) seem to do it for personal enrichment. Again, I could be wrong here- though you'd be surprised at how many drug users are intuitive.

If you wish to continue this discussion, perhaps it may be best to switch to PM'ing or creating another thread, rather than derailing this thread.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Consistency-wise, it's confusing to other posters (especially new people) because my posts are under one name on MBTIc and you're quoting them under a DIFFERENT name.

Colour me one of the "whaaaaa??" crowd. Fortunately the link did work and I was able to make it make sense.

Usehername

On a mission
summary of males I've typed/know their type

INTJ 2
INTP 1
ENTJ 2
ENTP 1

INFJ 1
INFP 3
ENFJ 2
ENFP 2

ISTJ 2
ISFJ 2
ESTJ 1
ESFJ 2

ISTP 2
ISFP 1
ESTP 1
ESFP 5

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ

:rofl1:

The best you could come up with is consistency? Dude, your skill at arguing a shaky case is pitiful. Are you sure you're INTJ? :cry:

(I'm not one to pass judgment on a person based on a single incident. My two prior encounters with htb are here: Strike One Strike Two)

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Clearly males and females will mistype as Ts and Fs respectively, due to societal expectations. Although I voted for INFJ, I will never believe that there is a disproportion of S to N since most continue to group all sensing types together, yet make the distinction between Ni/Ne.

Zhash

Fuckin' Js.

I agree.

As you know, I'm a confirmed INTJ woman. Most men are very interested in establishing a friendship with me. Please, please don't think I'm bragging because that's not the intention but I attract them like flies. Now for attracting women friends.........put it this way, I have to adjust my personality when dealing with my women friends. I could be who I am with my male friends and they love it. I guess that's what being an INTJ woman is all about. Most of my male friends say, "I never met a woman like you". I think they are more intrigued than anything. They can have male conversation with me and I'm able to contribute and the conversation is peer to peer. I find this all very interesting.

attila_the_hunny

MBTI Type
intp
I've met one INTJ and am friends with a male INFP and INFJ. I have yet to meet another female INTP in IRL on my own.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I have to ask, how do you people know that these people are what you claim? Are you asking, and they are telling you, or are you making attempts to read them? I for one never think about reading someone's type, since I know them in a limiting way, know they can be totally the opposite at home and appreciate that we all play roles conducive to our environment.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have to ask, how do you people know that these people are what you claim? Are you asking, and they are telling you, or are you making attempts to read them? I for one never think about reading someone's type, since I know them in a limiting way, know they can be totally the opposite at home and appreciate that we all play roles conducive to our environment.

At some point, you need to trust your own judgment. If you experience them in a variety of situations (so you know it is not situational behavior you are witnessing... or perhaps you DO note different behavior, which only is more information you can use to read someone), and if you have enough experience and understanding of what you're doing... and if you are constantly adjusting your assessment due to new information and self-correcting ... I think you can draw decent conclusions of type.

Usually if you are incorrectly identifying a particular type, you'll run across inconsistencies in your typing strategy that will make you adjust your mental model of that type -- which is why I call it a self-correcting assessment.

So one must always be aware of the possibility that the mental model(s) is off or even incorrect... but also aware that one can develop skill at assessing types accurately. I do not see a need to always be overtly cynical about one's (and everyone else's) typing abilities... just healthily skeptical.

Zhash

I found the book, The Art of SpeedReading People by Paul D. Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger very helpful. After having a 1/2 hour conversation with someone, I can quick size their personality type. The book provides clues as to how to do it. It's really worth reading if you're interested in this kind of stuff.

Let's face it, a formal education can teach you tons of stuff academically but not too much about people.