User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is in your personal (real-life) experience the rarest male type(s)?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

4 5.71%
  • INTJ

5 7.14%
  • ENTP

3 4.29%
  • ENTJ

2 2.86%
  • INFP

14 20.00%
  • INFJ

45 64.29%
  • ENFP

3 4.29%
  • ENFJ

9 12.86%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

9 12.86%
  • ISFJ

4 5.71%
  • ESFP

3 4.29%
  • ESFJ

4 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Consistency-wise, it's confusing to other posters (especially new people) because my posts are under one name on MBTIc and you're quoting them under a DIFFERENT name.
    Colour me one of the "whaaaaa??" crowd. Fortunately the link did work and I was able to make it make sense.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

summary of males I've typed/know their type

INTJ 2
    INTP 1
    ENTJ 2
    ENTP 1

INFJ 1
    INFP 3
    ENFJ 2
    ENFP 2

ISTJ 2
    ISFJ 2
    ESTJ 1
    ESFJ 2

ISTP 2
    ISFP 1
    ESTP 1
    ESFP 5
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    1. Consistency, with no compelling reason not to (remonstrance doesn't satisfy, but rest assured, there is no personal factor). The same is done for Lee.

The best you could come up with is consistency? Dude, your skill at arguing a shaky case is pitiful. Are you sure you're INTJ?

(I'm not one to pass judgment on a person based on a single incident. My two prior encounters with htb are here: Strike One Strike Two)

MBTI
    TiSe

Clearly males and females will mistype as Ts and Fs respectively, due to societal expectations. Although I voted for INFJ, I will never believe that there is a disproportion of S to N since most continue to group all sensing types together, yet make the distinction between Ni/Ne.

[QUOTE=MacGuffin;23726]Fuckin' Js.

I agree.

As you know, I'm a confirmed INTJ woman. Most men are very interested in establishing a friendship with me. Please, please don't think I'm bragging because that's not the intention but I attract them like flies. Now for attracting women friends.........put it this way, I have to adjust my personality when dealing with my women friends. I could be who I am with my male friends and they love it. I guess that's what being an INTJ woman is all about. Most of my male friends say, "I never met a woman like you". I think they are more intrigued than anything. They can have male conversation with me and I'm able to contribute and the conversation is peer to peer. I find this all very interesting.

MBTI
    intp

I've met one INTJ and am friends with a male INFP and INFJ. I have yet to meet another female INTP in IRL on my own.

MBTI
    TiSe

I have to ask, how do you people know that these people are what you claim? Are you asking, and they are telling you, or are you making attempts to read them? I for one never think about reading someone's type, since I know them in a limiting way, know they can be totally the opposite at home and appreciate that we all play roles conducive to our environment.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    I have to ask, how do you people know that these people are what you claim? Are you asking, and they are telling you, or are you making attempts to read them? I for one never think about reading someone's type, since I know them in a limiting way, know they can be totally the opposite at home and appreciate that we all play roles conducive to our environment.
    At some point, you need to trust your own judgment. If you experience them in a variety of situations (so you know it is not situational behavior you are witnessing... or perhaps you DO note different behavior, which only is more information you can use to read someone), and if you have enough experience and understanding of what you're doing... and if you are constantly adjusting your assessment due to new information and self-correcting ... I think you can draw decent conclusions of type.

Usually if you are incorrectly identifying a particular type, you'll run across inconsistencies in your typing strategy that will make you adjust your mental model of that type -- which is why I call it a self-correcting assessment.

So one must always be aware of the possibility that the mental model(s) is off or even incorrect... but also aware that one can develop skill at assessing types accurately. I do not see a need to always be overtly cynical about one's (and everyone else's) typing abilities... just healthily skeptical.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Why's that?

I thought ISFPs would be people like stoners.
    Most of the ISTPs I know are the stoners.

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    I found the book, The Art of SpeedReading People by Paul D. Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger very helpful. After having a 1/2 hour conversation with someone, I can quick size their personality type. The book provides clues as to how to do it. It's really worth reading if you're interested in this kind of stuff.

Let's face it, a formal education can teach you tons of stuff academically but not too much about people.