User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I'm not sure some of those questions would have been accurate, in my case, though. I have always tested INTP, the usual descriptions fit perfectly, and I barely have a scrap of J in me. But I always lived a fantasy life in my head as a kid, I always imagined myself in the future (though I didn't necessarily make concrete plans), and if a teacher gave a stupid assignment, I didn't even stress that much over it--I'd do it quickly in class so I could read a book or spend the rest of the time in my head. If I'm stressed out, I tend to shut down and do mind-numbing things, as long as it's just stuff like overloading, but if it's something that's frustrating me and causing me to question my abilities, I might get a bit emotionally strung out.

I think from your questions, though, you'd have probably said I was INTJ, and I know I'm not INTJ. *shrugs*
    Yeah, no tiebreaker works for everyone. Since the INTP descriptions fit you, face-to-face we wouldn't even be trying to break the tie. The questions are designed to get at dominant/inferior patterns but even having a sibling who is slightly different and your constant playmate can accelerate (or stymie) type development...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    "Quotes? Why do I need quotes? Quotes from the text can be misplaced and misleading! Haven't you read the book yourself, anyway? You know this stuff is true, or at least makes sense in some way, so why do I need quotes? Somebody who has never read this book before wouldn't know any quotes from it. For all they know, I could just be making them up! So why? Why quotes?"
    Good thing we didn't take the same English classes Freshman year...can see us staying up complaining, never getting it written...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    That actually sounds typical INTP as the unmotivated student. They'll occasionally protest but rather than fight the system in public school if they find it stupid, they just can't bring themselves to engage...

A friend who used to work with gifted kids and adults told me about the cost/benefit analysis that drives these folks. Eg, in middle school they're the ones who decide not to do the stupid worksheet because they'd rather lose 5 or 10 pts.

I'm not even sure this is type-related in this current environment. I know SO many young men who are having a hard time figuring out goals--whether it's because of economic uncertainties going back to 2001 or because they aren't going to sell their souls to corporate environments and haven't figured out alternatives. Between interests, there's RPG, travel til their money runs out...reading Faulkner and Dick and other tomes, setting up web forums or other tech things, finding others to play Ultimate or disc golf with...In my extended family, three out of the four young men fit this description, although all are scraping by, making a living...
    My kid became the house dungeonmaster last year at college.

Thanks, Ed.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INTP

They see it as being labeled and no label could capture their uniqueness. I was working with about 60 high schoolers one day and 4 guys were standing on the side, arms folded, frowning. I asked what was wrong, and they said, "You're trying to label us." I handed them the INTP type description and asked them to see if they found anything in it that made sense (We'd done a bunch of exercises already and i'd seen their output; this wasn't really typing from afar).

About 5 minutes later they waved me over and said, "Yeah, this is us..."

Happens time and again.
    LOL. It makes sense. When I was in high school, I didn't think there was anyone like me. I think especially when you're a teenager, if you don't feel like you fit in, you try to spin it in a positive way and think of yourself as totally special and unique.

I was always looking at personality tests, astrology, etc, before I found MBTI, though. I wanted to understand myself, and I wanted to understand what made others tick.

MBTI
    INFP

They see it as being labeled and no label could capture their uniqueness. I was working with about 60 high schoolers one day and 4 guys were standing on the side, arms folded, frowning. I asked what was wrong, and they said, "You're trying to label us." I handed them the INTP type description and asked them to see if they found anything in it that made sense (We'd done a bunch of exercises already and i'd seen their output; this wasn't really typing from afar).

About 5 minutes later they waved me over and said, "Yeah, this is us..."

Happens time and again.
    Thanks. I also donīt think any label can capture my uniqueness, but thatīs not their job. Labels refer to specific parts, they sort the information pool by picking out information units and define them. It doesnīt make any sense to me to complain about being labeled, because it happens all the time and itīs really helpful. First I would have to get rid of the label “woman”.
    Itīs a judging thing and as a dominant judger I feel at home arranging and labeling information in different ways and looking for new connections.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Hmmm....not sure i could narrow this to one type

• INTJ/INTP could do it if they've worked out their full solotion to the world's problems yet can't articulate it in a way that makes anyone take notice (lack of Fe in presenting it...)
    So that's it? My articulationating skills are sucky?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

heart on fire

Hmmm....not sure i could narrow this to one type

• INTJ/INTP could do it if they've worked out their full solotion to the world's problems yet can't articulate it in a way that makes anyone take notice (lack of Fe in presenting it...)
    • INFJs could do it because we're so used to being right
    • ENTPs who don't listen and who are on a crusade could do this, not realizing they've got a goal without execution plans
    • ENTJs could easily think they've got the one right way to fix everything and yet lack "recruiting skills"
    • I also want to say that ENFJs who have a cause can see anyone who doesn't agree as dangerous to the community at large
    • And, INFPs somewhere into adulthood can take on a "crusader" persona, standing up for what they believe in in a catalytic (healthy) or fanatical (unhealthy) way

The other types usually wouldn't be as vocal...but there are always exceptions. And all of the ones mentioned above are examples of lack of type development--not the healthy ways these types would express their ideas.

I am not articulating this the right way. It is not that people are dismissing what this person says. It is that this person observes people responding to problems in the world or important topics and believes that people get hung up on worrying over unimportant points and cannot or will not see the real deeper causes of these issues. It is not about any one particular cause but just all problems/issues that come up in life.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

That has to be INFP, heart.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by heart
    I am not articulating this the right way. It is not that people are dismissing what this person says. It is that this person observes people responding to problems in the world or important topics and believes that people get hung up on worrying over unimportant points and cannot or will not see the real deeper causes of these issues. It is not about any one particular cause but just all problems/issues that come up in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That has to be INFP, heart.
    I don't know, I find myself thinking it much of the time too.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Sometimes online communication is so hard...

Then I'd say NF's are most likely to do the "I'm not prochoice or prolife but anti people getting pregnant who don't want to..." "I understand the sanctity of marriage but cant' that exist while we still allow others to celebrate their love?" "I want hunters to have guns but can't we work to stop crime?" [Okay, during Obama's acceptance speech I felt he was stealing my lines...]

It seems easier for NFs than any other types to hold things in tension and see both sides...NTs also recognize the many sides of issues but are more likely to want to construct an argument to win others over.
    edcoaching