• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Fe types - What are you hiding?!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How many times do I have to say that I'm not living a lie, being inauthentic and presenting a fake me to others for the sake of social conformity before you actually believe that I know myself best lol? Just because your dad or whatever other FJs you know did this doesn't mean all FJs are like that. I definitely see ways that I could live my life "as a lie," which is actually what the majority of society would want me to do. By being myself in that aspect I'm actually going against the grain to be true to myself. :/

I won't speak for you or anybody here personally because I don't know you.

But I have seen an FJ type suddenly realize her whole life has been a lie.

I've been around for a long time, and I have seen some stuff.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

So your sample size is like, one, two people? And you're applying it to millions? Ok. Got it. I will defer to your Fe expertise from now on.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So your sample size is like, one, two people? And you're applying it to millions? Ok. Got it. I will defer to your Fe expertise from now on.

You'll see when it happens to you, some day.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You'll see when it happens to you, some day.

This is what annoys me the most. You already said you don't know me. Don't talk to me like you know my future and my life better than me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the realm of the FJ type I am reminded of Riso's type Two:

"Naturally, unhealthy Twos are difficult to help and notoriously resistant to therapy. They put themselves in a morally superior position, no matter what they have said or done. And by insisting on the absolute purity of their motives, they call those of others into question. Even tangible evidence has no effect on them since it can be dismissed as irrelevant to their good intentions."

And also the Type Three to an extent:
"They are ready to sell out, lie, change their 'loyalties,' or take advantage of others to come out on top."

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How many times do I have to say that I'm not living a lie, being inauthentic and presenting a fake me to others for the sake of social conformity before you actually believe that I know myself best lol? Just because your dad or whatever other FJs you know did this doesn't mean all FJs are like that. I definitely see ways that I could live my life "as a lie," which is actually what the majority of society would want me to do. By being myself in that aspect I'm actually going against the grain to be true to myself. :/

Some Fi-user right now reading your post:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In the realm of the FJ type I am reminded of Riso's type Two:

"Naturally, unhealthy Twos are difficult to help and notoriously resistant to therapy. They put themselves in a morally superior position, no matter what they have said or done. And by insisting on the absolute purity of their motives, they call those of others into question. Even tangible evidence has no effect on them since it can be dismissed as irrelevant to their good intentions."

And also the Type Three to an extent:
"They are ready to sell out, lie, change their 'loyalties,' or take advantage of others to come out on top."

FJs aren't all 2s and 3s, though. What about the other 7 types?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Man, this thread is a throwback to what the forum used to be like.

Tater

various kinds of people of different types come to this conclusion, whether they're going through a midlife crisis, a change in beliefs, or mental illness. it's not necessarily an fe thing.

when i was younger, i had similar thoughts to you about fe 'fakeness', and to a lesser extent, te stuff. however, at the core, je simply focuses on meeting an externally based standard. just because someone would rather realize that criteria than explore the nitty-gritty like you or i doesn't mean they're fake.

this is clear, so why am i bringing it up?

context. i would bet that the majority of your audience here would benefit from getting their shit together, even if it means that je mobilizes them. there's already enough juvenile content on this website coming from ixxps prattling on about their parents, peers, and social groups. sure, some of it is justified, but a giant chunk of it just reinforces self-sabotage.

additionally, coming from someone who's dating an fe type, i can vouch for how much authentic good fe brings to the table. at its optimum, it offers a kind of unconditional caring you can't get elsewhere. furthermore, when you actually start to get into your inferior for yourself, it provides a huge fucking relief because it dovetails quite nicely with your dominant function. the majority of the users here would benefit from an incentive to tap into that, rather than sitting in an echo-chamber where psychobabble reinforces their worst fears.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
9x94HYO.jpg

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Man, this thread is a throwback to what the forum used to be like.
Yeah. Although this forum has already established that every Fe-dom/aux is fake and every Fi-dom/aux is selfish and the Thinkers aren't any of that or anything else bad for some reason, several times over, it's good to check the cultural pulse once in a while just to make damn sure we're still aware of it.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah. Although this forum has already established that every Fe-dom/aux is fake and every Fi-dom/aux is selfish and the Thinkers aren't any of that or anything else bad for some reason, several times over, it's good to check the cultural pulse once in a while just to make damn sure we're still aware of it.
Oh totally!

On that note, friendly reminder that Sensors are stupid and SJs are incapable of thinking critically :)

Oh great, now you're making fun of SJs
Speaking as someone who is a middle manager in real life, I can't fault myself for playing into the stereotypes every once and a while.

We're truly back in 2007
Bro were you even here in 2007?

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
It's so sad that we've reached a point in history that anybody who is outwardly rude and callous and 'brutally honest' to the point of driving others to tears is somehow more legitimate than a friendly person who enjoys lifting other people through kind social gestures.

This is the kind of natural spin I get out of heavy Fe users all the time to justify their agendas. The fact that it's mostly true, earnest, and off the cuff is usually what sells people on it. Makes them think 'gee wiz, in the grand scheme he's right, I should definitely let them borrow my lawnmower sometime if they ask.' Typically no one, not even the heavy Fe person perpetrating it, realizes how much of it is complete bullshit. All you're doing in this post is attempting to bully your way into an objective position of moral high ground for the sake of empowering yourself and more successfully peddling your wares.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
various kinds of people of different types come to this conclusion, whether they're going through a midlife crisis, a change in beliefs, or mental illness. it's not necessarily an fe thing.

when i was younger, i had similar thoughts to you about fe 'fakeness', and to a lesser extent, te stuff. however, at the core, je simply focuses on meeting an externally based standard. just because someone would rather realize that criteria than explore the nitty-gritty like you or i doesn't mean they're fake.

this is clear, so why am i bringing it up?

context. i would bet that the majority of your audience here would benefit from getting their shit together, even if it means that je mobilizes them. there's already enough juvenile content on this website coming from ixxps prattling on about their parents, peers, and social groups. sure, some of it is justified, but a giant chunk of it just reinforces self-sabotage.

additionally, coming from someone who's dating an fe type, i can vouch for how much authentic good fe brings to the table. at its optimum, it offers a kind of unconditional caring you can't get elsewhere. furthermore, when you actually start to get into your inferior for yourself, it provides a huge fucking relief because it dovetails quite nicely with your dominant function. the majority of the users here would benefit from an incentive to tap into that, rather than sitting in an echo-chamber where psychobabble reinforces their worst fears.

Would you agree that a personality is a kind of lie?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is the kind of natural spin I get out of heavy Fe users all the time to justify their agendas. The fact that it's mostly true, earnest, and off the cuff is usually what sells people on it. Makes them think 'gee wiz, in the grand scheme he's right, I should definitely let them borrow my lawnmower sometime if they ask.' Typically no one, not even the heavy Fe person perpetrating it, realizes how much of it is complete bullshit. All you're doing in this post is attempting to bully your way into an objective position of moral high ground for the sake of empowering yourself and more successfully peddling your wares.
Do you believe that all FJs use their Fe with malicious intent?

Ask the extroverted heavy Fe users. Usually they're just after a licence to acquire whatever they want from whoever they want whenever they impulsively want it. Nothing major.
How many heavy Fe users do you know?

Shit guys, I forgot... what's our agenda again?? :doh:
Did you forget your agenda? The hell kind of SJ are you? You must be mistyped.