User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Ah, the behaviorist approach. Totally valid.

The only problem with your approach in my opinion is that you shove people into boxes. Yes, everyone says this. But the thing with functions is that you can explain differences within one type by different functional weights.

And plus, I've definitely come across people that don't at all fit the prototype for their type. I'd like to think of myself as an example, but there's no reason you should believe me.

I'm just curious, what would you type me as if I didn't have my type listed? Or would you hold off because there isn't enough information? Do I look like a "normal" INFJ?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I thought I'd pegged you as INFJ when you didn't have your type listed, but I could be completely mis-remembering it (Depends if you had your type listed about a week ago). I do think you're INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Heh, well maybe I'm deluding myself into thinking I'm really that much of an individual, then

I do tend to be much more consciously aware of true/false stuff than good/bad stuff, and I pretty much never debate ethics, except to point out inconsistencies in people's views. I would say this is due to a strengthened tertiary Ti and an underdeveloped Fe.

I love Ts (especially NTPs) for this reason; they never (rarely, I should say) get offended by my views

Anyway, just so I'm contributing something here: have you ever come across people that you couldn't type? Or at least people that seem not to fit a type in terms of behavior? I run across people like this every once in a while, and it takes a lot of guess/checking to reduce their behaviors down to something that makes sense in the MBTI system.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Heh, well maybe I'm deluding myself into thinking I'm really that much of an individual, then
    You're misinterpreting me as someone who decides type based on such simple factors. What makes an INFJ is the ethereal impenetrability.

Anyway, just so I'm contributing something here: have you ever come across people that you couldn't type? Or at least people that seem not to fit a type in terms of behavior? I run across people like this every once in a while, and it takes a lot of guess/checking to reduce their behaviors down to something that makes sense in the MBTI system.
    Yeah, of course. Some people are mentally "different," and even if you could type them it wouldn't do you good.

I can sometimes type people with a glance, and sometimes it takes weeks of close contact.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think we just have different terms we're using; it seems we agree on most of this stuff.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

lol

tertiary...

lol function order.

Hey dudes, why does anyone believe in function order?

This is a serious question.
    What has everyone so convinced that the order is Ne Ti Fe Si?
    Why does anyone think that?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

^I've been arguing along these lines for so long and no one takes me seriously. They're all so attached to the exact system.

I guess I'm somewhat guilty myself.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    lol

tertiary...

lol function order.

Hey dudes, why does anyone believe in function order?

This is a serious question.
    What has everyone so convinced that the order is Ne Ti Fe Si?
    Why does anyone think that?
    Because it's easy (though it leads to delusion), and because the kit & kaboodle are based on Jung & Myers' non-collaborative mess of a system.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Id prefer if someone who didn't agree with me responded...
    I ask again -- why do you chumps think there's fixed predictable position for the non-dominant following functions?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

The orientation of functions make all the difference. If orientation didn't matter, I might be very much like an ISTJ. An ISTJ has the same functions but opposite orientation. It works like I said a few posts ago. The first two functions are your most used, they are like two scholars speaking different languages, but both very wise. The tertiary serves as a translator between the two, and the shadow determines how well the tertiary can do so. Dissonance mentioned before:
    I do tend to be much more consciously aware of true/false stuff than good/bad stuff, and I pretty much never debate ethics, except to point out inconsistencies in people's views. I would say this is due to a strengthened tertiary Ti and an underdeveloped Fe.
    It's not that your Ti is developed or that your Fe is underdeveloped, it's the fact that your Ti is developed enough for your Fe and Ni to work efficiently together. Orientation makes a huge difference in functions. You develop your functions in order from the dominant all the way down to the shadow. What ideas did you have about function orientation? I may be horribly off for all I know.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1