User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless View Post
    I don't know about this. Is this how you experience it, or is it just an idea? I definitely don't experience it like this, rather I think I can identify all the functions being used at a time, if I'm so inclined. If all are always being used, then that must be in very very subtle ways that we cannot observe ourselves, and that would make it useless to talk about functions. Still most people (in this thread for example) seem to understand themselves as being ruled by not more than one or two functions at the same time.

Could you give an example? My visions are very consistent, whether my Ti tries to make "sense" of them or not. Suppose that I *know* that in the future I will do this and this, because that is what my Ni sees. Then Ti can interfere all it wants to, try to analyze it, derive it from some underlying logics, but it won't be able to, as Ni doesn't play in the field of words and logic. I see what I see, and I only rely on Ti as a way of promoting my visions or ideas in front of others, using clear reasoning to make my point.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...74-post29.html

This is a link to a single post I made in the other thread giving reasoning for the fact that all four functions must be used all the time.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ummm... yeah. My friends have complained that I'm a rather backwards person because I'm much nicer when stressed than when I'm happy

Damned Fe coming out then and making me care what people think and about making sure that they are all happy and cuddly and whatever :steam:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I definitely think it's true that people tend to consciously put more weight on their tertiary and inferior when they're stressed. But it's not like those functions aren't used all the time in normal functioning.

Anyway, I definitely get into Ti thought loops when I'm stressed -- no matter what vision my Ni can come up with, Ti will shoot some part of it down. This gets really annoying when I'm talking to people and thinking a bunch of steps ahead. My Ti will shoot down the direction I'm going in my talking, and I'll just end in the middle of sentences. When it gets really bad I can't really converse at all.

I'd also attribute my tendency to mess around with drugs while depressed to inferior Se (trying to get a NEW sensation).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

INTJs unhealthy Fi:
    Getting upset at inconsequential things, feeling that others' are making unfair decisions that affect me. (I used to be very aware of the fact that everyone in my house was "irrational"... turns out I'm the only xxTx in a family of 6). They played by a different set of rules than I did. Decisions by logic vs. decisions by xxFx values means I often did not understand why everyone conspired against me when it came to choosing ways to make things fair.

INTJs healthy Fi:
    I can endear many a person to me with my innocent childlike candor. xNTx motivated by the "need to know" fueled by tertiary Fi interaction with others means everyone from ENFxs to ISTxs are taken by my desire to know quirky things about people and ideas and phenomena. Curiosity mixed with pure enjoyment of what I find out means everyone loves that I love the simple pleasures in life. They tend to give me more information if only because they love my genuine thrilled-ness to discover the answer.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    My function order is Ti-Ne-Ti-Si, so I have something to fall back on. No worries.
    You may want to check that. You're claiming to use the same function during healthy and unhealthy states.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Under stress, my Se used to put my foot in the floor and go dragracing. If I was really frustrated, shouting, in tears, I'd do something extreme with my appearance. Like dye my hair hot pink. Or get a mohawk. Do my make-up even brighter or wilder than normal. I used to do my make-up monochrome pink, even my eyebrows, with heavy black eyeliner and my hair done up nuts. Green nail polish. Aggressive clothes.
    Sort of a "I'll do whatever I want" in response to constant rejection or something antagonizing me that won't go away. All to the tune of "Dancing in the Dark".

Se's made me do worse things that I won't confess to in type.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    You may want to check that. You're claiming to use the same function during healthy and unhealthy states.
    LOL, Yeah, that's the joke. I'm glad someone noticed at least.

MBTI
    TiSe

Since MBTI has authored very little on the subject its hard to determine what a persons tertiary does, except it seems apparent that it replaces ones dominant attitude (E/I) and counters the auxiliary functions development. Since my tertiary is Ni, I clearly cannot use two functions of the same attitude simultaneously so it replaces Ti (hopefully momentarily) and counters my auxiliary in my reverting to failing to take action. Instead of acting on actual opportunities, I merely day dream about them. I begin create this whole inner reality that has nothing to do with what is really happening. I become oblivious to my environment and stop being a responsible adult by glossing over real problems.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Under stress, my Se used to....
    I have doubts that's a tertiary function thing and not something more common. I've been there as well, but perhaps not to the same degree. *plays with earrings*

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I have doubts that's a tertiary function thing and not something more common. I've been there as well, but perhaps not to the same degree. *plays with earrings*
    I had both good and bad expressions of Se. I would be over-the-top regardless of my mental/emotional state, so the vibrant colors and crazy clothes weren't always stress. They were "me" at any rate. But I cite the externalization because I would go radioactive when I was mortally unhappy or frustrated to the point of wanting to do something rash. I had many sources for this sort of severe and protracted stress. But it came out a LOT when my parents or friends were riding me too hard, being judgmental or reeling off lists of "thou shalts" when I wasn't a bad person to begin with. In particular, for instance, when I was involved with a guy who wanted a piece of me really bad (the feeling was mutual), but we were kept apart by (of all things) social pressure. I was an urban punk and broke, he was southern gentry and well-off. I had no idea such archaic mind sets still existed outside of books, but I was right in the middle of it. So just being around each other every day (in the same garage) was really more than either one of us could stand sometimes. I began acting out quite a bit. I had to vent. He'd come forward, step back, over and over. Masochistic really.

So I still assign that kind of flare up to Se.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious