veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Not living in the here and now?

I've been fascinated since I started reading this personality stuff and the part about how SPs live in the here and now, but the other temperaments don't. And I'm like "what How can you not live in the here and now?"

I really can't imagine what it's like, because I've just always been me. So, what's it like to not live in the here and now? Maybe I can start to understand, and even if not, then it could still be an interesting topic.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

heart on fire

I do things like burn mint oil to "wake" myself up and attempt to get into the moment. Sometimes I am sad because I feel like I have not truly felt or experienced some important moments of my life because I was disconnected and in my head.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I envy SPs for the "here and now" attitude and I have been learning how to do it myself too. It gives some kind of serenity to just stop and stare at trees or squirrels or people... Usually I'm too much in my head sorting things out to notice the reality that much. So, if you want to know what it is like to be me, plan something really impractical inside your mind for the whole day, something that will never happen anyways. Like world peace or something.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Man, I wish I could spend some time in the here and now. The only time this happens is while I'm playing the drums. Otherwise, I'm lost in thought-world -- even words are more concrete than my thoughts most of the time.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I envy SPs for the "here and now" attitude and I have been learning how to do it myself too. It gives some kind of serenity to just stop and stare at trees or squirrels or people... Usually I'm too much in my head sorting things out to notice the reality that much. So, if you want to know what it is like to be me, plan something really impractical inside your mind for the whole day, something that will never happen anyways. Like world peace or something.
    <3

MBTI
    ISTJ

I get very lost in my own mind and thoughts. It bothers me, sometimes.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Being an enneagram 4 and an ISFP I'm constantly alternating between being really disconected from my external world and being in my head and being totally immersed in my external world.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

The NF says plan for world peace... the NT here says imagine every single way life could go wrong, then feel a sense of urgency to know the right way to avoid it knowing the domino effect of your choices, and plan to make the right decision tomorrow so that ten years from now you won't be regretting your actions.

Imagine future for several weeks, research heavily for several weeks, contingency plan daily, re-evaluating everything in your plan with every single new piece of information. This is only for one facet of your life. There are probably a half-dozen major plans in your head all at different stages of this pattern. You must juggle these all in your head. This requires concentration on thoughts, and it by necessity needs daydreaming to see what could come up that needs to be dealt with.

Ignore things like the fact that you forgot to shower today or that your environment is a disaster zone. Be in focused crisis-aversion mode (without deep stress, only the fixation that comes with it) 90% of your time. The other ten is spent thinking of how to try to get out of conversations that are boring, or actually enjoying conversations, or dealing with your reality.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    The NF says plan for world peace... the NT here says imagine every single way life could go wrong, then feel a sense of urgency to know the right way to avoid it knowing the domino effect of your choices, and plan to make the right decision tomorrow so that ten years from now you won't be regretting your actions.

Imagine future for several weeks, research heavily for several weeks, contingency plan daily, re-evaluating everything in your plan with every single new piece of information. This is only for one facet of your life. There are probably a half-dozen major plans in your head all at different stages of this pattern. You must juggle these all in your head. This requires concentration on thoughts, and it by necessity needs daydreaming to see what could come up that needs to be dealt with.

Ignore things like the fact that you forgot to shower today or that your environment is a disaster zone. Be in focused crisis-aversion mode (without deep stress, only the fixation that comes with it) 90% of your time. The other ten is spent thinking of how to try to get out of conversations that are boring, or actually enjoying conversations, or dealing with your reality.
    Whow! That's how it is to be INTJ? Very well explained, I can almost imagine it. So the perspective for NT is on the probable future, while for the NF it is in the improbable future...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

There is a good sentence I once heard relating your question Jeff:

"Reality is nice, but the graphics suck"

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]