User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I always wondered if I had some sort of low grade Multiple Personality Disorder. I'm sure some of you N's write, so hopefully you will understand what I'm trying to put across. Riding home on the train, I can live whole life times of characters I created in my head. I'm so immersed in their little stories, and their environments, I can forget about my here and now. Some times it's like I don't exist,and that world can become more real than the one I'm living in now. I can create worlds, kingdoms, new languages, but I forget to get milk from the supermarket.
    But to a certain extent (not entirely) I understand sensor's points of view, I have to be in the here and now for parts of my job, or I F@$# up completely. It's not natural for me, and when I first started out, I'd retreat into my mind's and completely screw up. It's worse when I'm bored, and I hate screwing up a day's work. But man, does it drain me to be constantly there and with it....even then I will humming a tune, thinking about contingency plans if the analysers break. Wondering if my junior staff remembered to set out the right equipment because I'm trying out a new technique, and maybe I should talk to my manager about getting a few days, oh and I really should get onto e-mailing that guy about the conference next month.
    That's me, and I should get to bed now....
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I've been fascinated since I started reading this personality stuff and the part about how SPs live in the here and now, but the other temperaments don't. And I'm like "what How can you not live in the here and now?"
    Ninety-percent of the time, what I am doing/thinking/feeling is intended to affect the future, not the present. For example, I don't think about work funding today, but instead funding my future down the road for example a family when I get married. I'm not saving for the present, but saving for when I might have a family and kids that would go to college, even though I presently don't have a girlfriend even. That's just how I think/feel about the future.

I am also stuck in the past, about the stories I have told myself about the world and myself. For example, if put into a situation in the present in which I must act, I will create a story about the present situation based on my past experience. The more stressful the situation is, the less likely I am to think about the future when considering which actions to take, and the more likely I am to consult my past feelings to guide me. For example, say my boss calls me into his office and I don't know what it's for. Well, if I have had a good day I won't think much of it, but will think back to past times that has happened where he has told me about a new project we'll be working on. If I am stressed, I will instead think back to a time I was reprimanded and worry that I will be in trouble for something. But in either case, I use my past feelings to try to prepare for an eventuality to I can protect the future.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I told Jaye last night about this thread and she looked at me, blurted, "You mean this doesn't get any better?! I'm going to always be like this?!" lol

I see we're in good company, at least. *wry smile* I've been laughing at the examples you guys are citing. It's embarrassingly familiar.

Hmm - traditional minded question: VERY interesting perspective. It suppose it's very much like living in the past?

Boo - elaborating: that ISTP was tangling with a lot of demons. We couldn't be together for various reasons (on his end), but we also couldn't manage to stay away from each other either. Didn't help we worked together. Me being a big dreamer, he told me to dream of him so he could dream about me. What can I say. *deep sigh*

You Ns are bizarre.

Actually, I can relate to an extent. Things seem kinda daydreamish the longer I stay inactive, or when I'm high. I think it mostly has to do with being introverted though and being in my head rather than reality.

But I never feel as alive as I do when my heart is beating 180 bpm, every muscle in my body is on fire, my lungs are searing, and I feel like I'm going to puke. Hooray for physical sensation bringing me back to reality.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Oh, you know us SPs, this thread is the greatest HERE AND NOW, the next time I read my blog, that will go back to being the greatest. It's just how it is, babe. Ain't it great to not live in the past or the future?
    Here and now... Sorry but here and now doesn't quite "exists" for me... neither does "past" and "future" really.

Exactly how Pink describe it in her goldfish in a bowl example. You have "past" and you have "present" and you have "future". If you stick them all together... you'll obviously get a lot more past and future than the present here and now. Then you factor in how N dominant have lousy memory, A big chuck of the past gets forgotten. So you have future >> past >> present. Now stick all that in a blender and mix.

Anytime you mention something to me, I take a spoonful of stuff from the blender. There'll be some stuff about here and now, some more stuff about the past, but the greater bit comes from the future. I can't see just the present here and now without seeing other stuff as well. So "this is the greatest here and now" doesn't exists for me. Being able to get forgot about the other junk might be nice... wish I could try it out for a day or something.

Hey... wouldn't it be great if people can switch bodies for a day? Or make that a week because you'll be all confused with just a day... need time to adjust. Be another temperament for a week... they should so make that work.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I told Jaye last night about this thread and she looked at me, blurted, "You mean this doesn't get any better?! I'm going to always be like this?!" lol
    Luckily I recorded this conversation so that we can re-enact it in the here and now:

Pink: Ohmigosh, like you know how all of Jeffster's posts are like the awesomest ever?

Jaye: Like yeah! Totally! When I read a post of his I have to splash lemonade on my face to cool myself down from the inferno of superifficness!

Pink: Well, the amazing thing is, that sometimes Jeffster actually starts entire threads, and they're...ohmigosh I can hardly say it...

Jaye: Yeah? Yeah?

Pink: Well, they're like totally radically fantabulicious! I want to spray whip cream all over them and eat them with cherries and a vanilla coke.

Jaye: That sounds coolieriffic!

Pink: Oh, it totally is. And this one I was reading today is all about how when Jeffster speaks, mountains shake and all the wild animals line up in a row to be enlightened by his sheer incrediblocrity.

Jaye: *SWOON*

Well, it was something like that, the recording is kinda low quality.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Luckily I recorded this conversation so that we can re-enact it in the here and now:

Pink: Ohmigosh, like you know how all of Jeffster's posts are like the awesomest ever?

Jaye: Like yeah! Totally! When I read a post of his I have to splash lemonade on my face to cool myself down from the inferno of superifficness!

Pink: Well, the amazing thing is, that sometimes Jeffster actually starts entire threads, and they're...ohmigosh I can hardly say it...

Jaye: Yeah? Yeah?

Pink: Well, they're like totally radically fantabulicious! I want to spray whip cream all over them and eat them with cherries and a vanilla coke.

Jaye: That sounds coolieriffic!

Pink: Oh, it totally is. And this one I was reading today is all about how when Jeffster speaks, mountains shake and all the wild animals line up in a row to be enlightened by his sheer incrediblocrity.

Jaye: *SWOON*

Well, it was something like that, the recording is kinda low quality.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Things seem kinda daydreamish ... or when I'm high..
    Huh. It's exactly the opposite for me.

When.. erm.. in that state, I feel everything and can't help but stick to the present moment in my thoughts. I feel textures and see colors more vividly. If that's what sensors feel like all the time, then.. wow.

MBTI
    XXFP

Now that you've lost interest, machine:run, explanation. I wrote a really long one. Way too complicated. Maybe I'll post that somewhere else.

So basically, I'm not my body. I don't think I am, at least. I think I'm consciousness - part(s) of my brain. We're all attached though. Consciousness, brain, body; good friends.

Anyway, there's things my body can do pretty well. Like keep blood pumping (brain stem). I can't do much to control that. I'm programmed to coordinate my hands with the eyes, too. I can control that. However, I there's a limitation to being conscious. If I focus on the wrong stuff, I screw up.

So I want to catch a ball. If I focus on my desire to catch the ball, that won't help me catch the ball. Why? Because I'm consciousness. I can't catch balls - but my good friend the body can. So I pay attention to the body. This is a little unsettling because I'm putting my trust in something that isn't me. My body isn't me.(actually, no, it isn't that unsettling, but with a different example it might be).

My body is good at catching balls though. Part learned, but natural. So I just let it. How? By focusing on the sensation without trying to make it do anything. That's good advice. Body = the machine = good at catching balls. Consciousness = I = never caught a ball.

I don't know how MBTI fits into this, but maybe it does.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Things seem kinda daydreamish . . . when I'm high. . . But I never feel as alive as I do when my heart is beating 180 bpm, every muscle in my body is on fire, my lungs are searing, and I feel like I'm going to puke. Hooray for physical sensation bringing me back to reality.
    Don't you know, combine them.

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    When.. erm.. in that state, I feel everything and can't help but stick to the present moment in my thoughts. I feel textures and see colors more vividly. If that's what sensors feel like all the time, then.. wow.
    YOU MEAN WHEN YOU DO ILLEGAL DRUGS???

I don't know, being high wasn't that weird to me so maybe it's true. But it isn't. It's like that for everyone*.

*except for some people.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.