User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Would being traditional be considered not living in the here and now?

Default Tolle is Now

"Now", is undergoing a revival.

The apostle of, "now", is Tolle.

He has even appeared on Oprah, a number of times.

Tolle is the guru of now.

"Now", is being mass marketed in the book, "The Power of Now".

And, "now", is being mass marketed on TV on the mass program called, "Oprah".

To see and hear him, just click on -

YouTube - Eckhart Tolle, not reacting to content, www.soundstrue.com

Do you believe in, "now"?

MBTI
    epic

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post

*let's go on an ne-xploration!*

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Gray- as far as living in the now as pertains to N, it's not about control or principle at all.

We don't believe we can control the outcome of the next minute, or the one following it. We simply don't *live* in the moment we're presently (read: space/time fixed spot occupied by our physical bodies) in, nor are we instinctively aware of it. We slip back and forth without conscious thought between what was and what will be, paying little natural heed to what *is*.

Consider a man who has a tongue but can't taste the food in his mouth, yet he can taste what food had formerly been there and what food *will* be there in moment arriving. If I metaphorically moved from rose bush to rose bush using intuition, I would be smelling the lingering scent of the roses just passed mixed with the ones coming up, but never one alone.

A better metaphor may be a goldfish sitting in a bowl of water. The water is space/time. The goldfish sits in the water being sloshed back and forth, or swimming around heedlessly. The present is a mixture of past/future, not "now".

Granted none of this may apply to ENTJs as we all know they're poised to take over the world. *laughs* They'd eat the roses and sniff the pineapples and do it on the board room table.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyz22 View Post
    *let's go on an ne-xploration!*
    I'd love to!

(warning: this is new territory for me)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

It's so hard for me to live in the here and now..and I wish I could, but my heart and mind are always either dwelling on past events, or feelings of nostalgia, or focused on the future..imagining what I could do, where I'd go..college, family, kids, life. It's how my mind works, and I'm seldom happy with the present..always thinking the past was better and the future will be, too. I hate that I am this way..I just am..but at least I have plenty of great things to day dream about.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Funny, I thought your blog is the greatest thread around... You want this thread to replace your blog? *chuckles*
    Oh, you know us SPs, this thread is the greatest HERE AND NOW, the next time I read my blog, that will go back to being the greatest. It's just how it is, babe. Ain't it great to not live in the past or the future?

But yeah, I'm not sure how I managed to missed this thread the first time around. Lack of Se probably...

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyz22 View Post
    linear conceptuality of time is an illusion
    Can you explain the part of the that where you tell what in the world that means? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Not necessarily. But if you are always thinking about what has come before as a guide to what you do now, then you are living more in the past, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    "Now", is undergoing a revival.

Do you believe in, "now"?
    My thread has truly arrived now that Victor has posted in it.

However, please don't bring that twit Oprah up into it or I might have to slap you upside your head with a book club.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I'll await with interest.
    Oh boy this could be sort of long/complicated. I'll get to it, promise.

Is that where I imagine I'm Tallulah's back-up singer and wailing on my axe like Pete Townshend?
    I actually had that exact image in mind. Crazy.

The Aborigines call their creation story/Genesis "dream time of the world", when everything was magic and chaos and coalescing matter. Gods and spirits roamed the land. I feel as if I'm permanently locked into the dream time. Physical experience is always filtered through the fairy dust, even when I don't want it to be. I think not being able to pin myself down to one point in space/time is what causes this transience.
    Hmm, I think you have cause and effect swapped. Maybe your transience is causing you to not be able to pin yourself down to "now"? Maybe?

I remember an ISTP I was seeing. He told me to dream about him so he could finally get at me. I was more real and present (and accessible?) in my unconscious self. He was welcome to invade.
    Say more?

LOL! You'll have to explain that one!
    Oh I was just really tired. Typing going downhill in the sense of . . . tiredness. Speaking of which...:zzz:
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Haha, Bamboo is a genius for bringing up the pineapple.
    On that note, a really annoying thing for me is when I make myself a sweet cup of coffee and intend to enjoy it with all my mind and senses focused on it, eventually the coffee is either gone without me even noticing it, or I had forgotten about it and it has cooled down rendering it rather unenjoyable.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Today I drove home from work and cruised on straight past my house, took me a few moments to realise this too and burn around the block, only lived there for over a year. I just couldn't stay focused in the moment, my thoughts were a thousand miles away. Stupid eNness