Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Here is how you can narrow down the search by four types: sensors reflexively touch computer screens as part of an explanation, and this drives judging intuitives crazy.
    People who touch anything of mine drive me crazy.

MBTI
    INTJ

Here is how you can narrow down the search by four types: sensors reflexively touch computer screens as part of an explanation, and this drives judging intuitives crazy.
    It drives me crazy as well...actually, I'll have to agree with what Uberfuhrer says. Sometimes I'm just sitting there when I let someone borrow my laptop smothering my urge to take it back...my computer. Mine.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Curiously I am the one who touches the screen to explain something (but only because I have to) and it drives my sensor-parents crazy.

Them: How can I do xyZ?
    Me: It's easy, move X to Y and then do Z.
    Them: How?
    Me: OMG, move THIS *touches screen* over THERE *touches screen*.
    Them: DONT TOUCH THE SCREEN! You'll make fingerprints on it.
    Me: lol, what?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post
    Curiously I am the one who touches the screen to explain something (but only because I have to) and it drives my sensor-parents crazy.

lol
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post

It's not really touching the screen that bothers me...that's why we have paper towels.

My nervousness comes from me lending my stuff to other people. There is no conclusive proof that I'll ever see that item again. And that makes me spiteful.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    It's not really touching the screen that bothers me...that's why we have paper towels.

My nervousness comes from me lending my stuff to other people. There is no conclusive proof that I'll ever see that item again. And that makes me spiteful.
    I am the same way, I dont like people touching my things, ever, especially my computer. I think it's a control issue, often I dont really have any specific reason for it, only the strong feeling "I dont want you to touch this".

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh god that drives me insane. So does sitting at public computers--no one EVER wipes off those damn screens! I don't want to stare at a bunch of people's fingerprints and have to try to focus at the screen through all the smudges!

But as with some of you, I also don't like lending people things. I'm so paranoid that 1) I won't get it back quickly enough (as in...I want my stuff back about a couple hours after I've lent it...eventhough that is unreasonable) and 2) it won't look exactly the same as it was when I lent it.

I don't usually mind if someone touches my stuff, but if someone lays a hand on my computer, blinds (I don't know why, I just hate it when someone fusses with them), and anything on my desk/art table I go ballistic (things are carefully and nonchalantly organised and I swear I think that if someone moves something, its location is lost in my brain).

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    It's not really touching the screen that bothers
    Yes. I've lost so many books this way. <shudder>

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

ISFJ Mother.

Daydreamed, daydreamed in possibilities, very shy and aware of what could happen. Definitely NOT an N. Couldn't follow my explanations nor my fathers for more than 5 minutes without getting lost. Not a common occurance before anyone starts.

Sorry but I'm with pt on this one.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    ISFJ Mother.

Daydreamed, daydreamed in possibilities, very shy and aware of what could happen. Definitely NOT an N. Couldn't follow my explanations nor my fathers for more than 5 minutes without getting lost. Not a common occurance before anyone starts.

Sorry but I'm with pt on this one.
    I think this is a misconception of what "literal" and "figurative" means in connection with S/N dichotomies.

Taking things "literally" in terms of S is more like taking things at face value as they are. An N will take things "figuratively" by idealizing their environment (i.e. daydreaming).

Being literal in someone's words is very true of any strong IxxJ, since their natural tendency is to internalize their outer perceptions. ExxPs tend to be quicker in understanding. An IxxJ will often need a more detailed explanation of things.

A lot of this also has to do with what one is interested in. For example, an N could be completely lost at sea in a literature course if he/she is not interested in it. A lack of interest in something makes it difficult to understand, particularly for an IxxJ, since they find it difficult to broaden their interests.

When I read a fictional book, I have trouble understanding the meaning of the text until I read it over again once or twice. Since my N function is Introverted, it simply just takes more time for me to process. And if I'm not interested in something, then I'll often need a detailed explanation.