User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by laughing dolphin View Post
    I actually wish I was more able to simply sit and take in the beauty of the world for more than just a passing moment, to just look and appreciate without my mind automatically going off on it's own...and I just can't. But I wish I could and I'm trying to be more mindful of my surroundings, to pay more attention (it actually is something I'm working on).

That aside, I also have an ISFJ mom and I know when I've told her I spend a lot of time in my head, she doesn't quite get what I mean, at least not the extent of it.
    It seems like when you go wool-gathering, you go in, not out, which would make sense....
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    ISTP

Theory: It has more to do with being I--P (dominant Fi and Ti) than with being N/S.

Any ISxPs want to knock me out of the water?

(Inward processing is nearly the definition of daydreaming, is it not?)

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Theory: It has more to do with being I--P (dominant Fi and Ti) than with being N/S.

That makes sense, too.

Hopefully "?" will come set us straight.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    It seems like when you go wool-gathering, you go in, not out, which would make sense....
    Indeed, I wish I could start a cottage industry with all of this wool I've been gathering...

And Kyrielle, my mom also tells me she daydreams, but when I've asked her what about she always describes winning the lottery, quitting her job and moving to someplace nice like Maine. And that's it. Then again, who am I to say? Maybe mom has dreamed this whole thing out in exquisite detail and just wants to keep it to herself? I dunno...

MBTI
    type

LOL...I feel like making some kind of type-biased comment about Sensors dreaming in practicalities and iNtuitives dreaming in possibilities, but that's just wrong bad.

Someone can hit me with the whack-thunk stick.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Someone can hit me with the whack-thunk stick.
    *whack* *thunk*

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post

Regardless, Intuition is an inward and subjective process. The difference is expression.

And besides, I mostly related shyness to paranoia. Paranoia, which focuses on imaginary possibilities, is undoubtedly an N function. At least, that's how my shyness is experienced.

Have just been in contact with some elves and they are more than happy to take my wool and spin it into gold for a forty percent cut on the profit...who knew elves were so shrewd?
    Anyway.
    I'm quite interested in what others have to say about daydreaming... For me, dominant Ni, then Fe...I tend to daydream about the way I think things could be, the way I think it should be because I really think life would be better that way, for all of us, and in these daydreams I am a crusader...who is actually successful. Then again I also daydream about being a successful writer, someone who can craft stories or essays that make other people go "ohhhh.......wait. Wow" so what do I know? My daydreams are all over the place...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Here is how you can narrow down the search by four types: sensors reflexively touch computer screens as part of an explanation, and this drives judging intuitives crazy.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Regardless, Intuition is an inward and subjective process. The difference is expression.

And besides, I mostly related shyness to paranoia. Paranoia, which focuses on imaginary possibilities, is undoubtedly an N function. At least, that's how my shyness is experienced.
    Intuition, by MBTI definition, is neither inward or outward on it's own. Sensing isn't either.

Shyness, in theory, is determined by the strength of negative social reinforcement over positive social reinforcement; I/E, biologically, is supposedly similarly derived. If one does not recieved positive feedback (biologically - meaning your body does get "high" off of it) but does recieved negative feedback (this is more socially conditioned), you are likely to be introverted. Course, this also depends on what you mean by shy - timid has a lot to do with being more agreeable (conflict avoidant), etc.

As far as paranoid goes, in terms of personality disorders, N is biased towards paranoid over other psychiatric issues... which follows, since Ns are the ones that see things that aren't there. N-S was derived from delusional paranoid extremes no less! However, the main indicator for these issues isn't registered in the MBTI, and the other three traits were also represented (Being ITP equivalents, interestingly enough).