• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I've Figured it Out: Distinguishing Someone as S or N

Sona

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I mainly daydream about sex, women, money and religion. Only when I'm thinking about the future. But when am drunk/tipsy I like day dreaming about scientific theories. Somehow things make more sense to me when am tipsy. Which is strange as hell.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I mainly daydream about sex, women, money and religion. Only when I'm thinking about the future. But when am drunk/tipsy I like day dreaming about scientific theories. Somehow things make more sense to me when am tipsy. Which is strange as hell.
It's not that strange. You're normally worried about petty things like rules and appearance. Your mind longs to be free and when you're drinking is the only time it gets a taste of that freedom.

Isn't drinking unislamic?

Last edited:

Sona

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
It's not that strange. You're normally worried about petty things like rules and appearance. Your mind longs to be free and when you're drinking is the only time it gets a taste of that freedom.

Isn't drinking unislamic?

Yes. So are many other things, its difficult to follow all the rules all the time.

The only time I hate drinking is when am on a hanger over like right now. Because I actually feel crazy. To me it feels like somethings going to break in my head very soon. And I'm going to go completely nuts. Like I can feel it (its not painful) I just trip out. Intense fear and depression and my heart beats out of sink and my breathing is heavy. And part of my face and body feel numb. I think there's something wrong with my blood when I'm sobering up. I think it gets thicker. Honestly am not even kidding, that's why I think I get the numbness the oxygen is not getting to parts of my brain properly. I don't even have a headache my heads just numb. Its that absolute vodka shit, am going to stick to whiskeys or just moderate drinking.

Am properly talking complete nonsense. I should just go to bed.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
You sound like you need professional help, seriously.

Usehername

On a mission
My ESFJ friend daydreams, we often do it together lol you can see us zoned out just relaxing with each other, minds wandering.

Hers are a touch more realistic as mine are totally unreal most of the time, hers can still be far out there though.

Maybe asking if they daydream involves an actual discussion to determine what type of daydreams, as daydreaming is too broad a term.

I found it interesting that alot of sfj's like concrete fiction, I try real hard to get her to read complete fantasy yet she prefers ones with some kind of historical slant to it in order to make it more believable, wheras I can believe the fantasy no matter how far out and really enjoy the book regardless.

I find that while I do very much enjoy fiction, I read exclusively nonfiction. I think it's the information-fix that I desire, and my daydreaming skills are fine without books. It sounds very "S" of me to say that, though.

ygolo

My termites win
You sound like you need professional help, seriously.

Really Sona. I don't know what time zone you are in, or if you were drinking by yourself. But this sounds like a plea for help.

I had a roommate once go through a similar thing. (I found her drunk and half naked outside my door one day denying there was anything wrong.) But drinking by yourself is a bad sign. It's a hard habbit to kick once formed.

ygolo

My termites win
Am pissed. Not mental.

Pissed as in drunk? Or as in angry? or both?

I hope you really do have control over this.

Why did you decide to post a message while drunk, declaring yourself drunk?

I know if I did something like that, it means I am looking for some sort of anonymous consoling.

ygolo

My termites win
I find that while I do very much enjoy fiction, I read exclusively nonfiction. I think it's the information-fix that I desire, and my daydreaming skills are fine without books. It sounds very "S" of me to say that, though.

The same is true for me. My favorite are science books, which can actually prompt more daydreaming on my part.

It's funny. The way you used the word "skills" reminded me of Napoleon Dynamite .

heart

heart on fire
To me it feels like somethings going to break in my head very soon. And I'm going to go completely nuts. Like I can feel it (its not painful) I just trip out. Intense fear and depression and my heart beats out of sink and my breathing is heavy. And part of my face and body feel numb. I think there's something wrong with my blood when I'm sobering up. I think it gets thicker. Honestly am not even kidding, that's why I think I get the numbness the oxygen is not getting to parts of my brain properly. I don't even have a headache my heads just numb. Its that

Maybe you should check this out: Sticky Blood (APS). It is also called "Hughes Syndrome" after a UK expert on it. I think if you really feel like you say you do, you should see a doctor.

Sona

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Maybe you should check this out: Sticky Blood (APS). It is also called "Hughes Syndrome" after a UK expert on it. I think if you really feel like you say you do, you should see a doctor.

Thank god am feeling OK now!

I've been on a real bad trip - I honestly thought I was going to lose it, when I went to bed after that post I couldn't even go to sleep I would get just freaky thoughts and evil ones. I've been drinking but this trip was bad and scary. Am never going to touch that absolute vodka that stuff is poison.

thanks for the links I'll read them later.

heart

heart on fire
Thank god am feeling OK now!

I've been on a real bad trip - I honestly thought I was going to lose it, when I went to bed after that post I couldn't even go to sleep I would get just freaky thoughts and evil ones. I've been drinking but this trip was bad and scary. Am never going to touch that absolute vodka that stuff is poison.

thanks for the links I'll read them later.

I thought you meant that you felt that way all of the time. Sorry about that.

D

Dali

I daydream more than ANYONE I know. I'm continuously lost in thought and this is mistaken for having a low intellect by some.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
So, I read this thread, and it was very interesting and I had a lot of things to say in reply.

But once I got here, the quoted messages were really long and so I can't be bothered. Besides this thread was actually ages ago, so it doesn't matter too much. ^^

Interesting, though. :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks for bumping this thread, it was hilarious to read.

Here, I'll sum it up:

Poster A: I totally found the way to tell between S and N, S's do this, and N's do that.

Poster B: Wow, that's totally true. I know like two other people that do/don't do those same things.

Poster C: I know plenty of S's who do that and N's who do this.

Poster D: No way, the real way to tell is that all S's are such and such and all N's are so and so.

Poster E: That's so true! My ESFJ mom is totally such and such and I'm INTP and completely so and so!

Poster F: I'm an N and much more so and so and my dad is an S and completely such and such, so I don't think this is right.

Poster G: Actually, according to Espereanagua's theory of abstract recognizance, intuitive dissonance has been petrified by regurgitated personification. This faulty non-correlation has been debunked by Professor W. Q. Whatshisface in the Journal of Really Important Theoretical Crap, published in 1978 by Harpers'.

Poster H: OMG like my mom is ISTJ and she does that all the time! You are so right.

And there ya go. :laugh:

P.S. My car looks nothing like that "SP car"....but I wish it did! :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Poster G: Actually, according to Espereanagua's theory of abstract recognizance, intuitive dissonance has been petrified by regurgitated personification. This faulty non-correlation has been debunked by Professor W. Q. Whatshisface in the Journal of Really Important Theoretical Crap, published in 1978 by Harpers'.
It was his recognition of theocognizance, actually, and the correlation isn't faulty at all.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Wow! that's a very clear contrast between S's and N's! Great story, I thought it really reflected the differences between the two types..