User Tag List

First 311121314 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

I mainly daydream about sex, women, money and religion. Only when I'm thinking about the future. But when am drunk/tipsy I like day dreaming about scientific theories. Somehow things make more sense to me when am tipsy. Which is strange as hell.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    I mainly daydream about sex, women, money and religion. Only when I'm thinking about the future. But when am drunk/tipsy I like day dreaming about scientific theories. Somehow things make more sense to me when am tipsy. Which is strange as hell.
    It's not that strange. You're normally worried about petty things like rules and appearance. Your mind longs to be free and when you're drinking is the only time it gets a taste of that freedom.

Isn't drinking unislamic?
    Last edited by Lateralus; 08-23-2007 at 08:23 AM.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It's not that strange. You're normally worried about petty things like rules and appearance. Your mind longs to be free and when you're drinking is the only time it gets a taste of that freedom.

Isn't drinking unislamic?
    Yes. So are many other things, its difficult to follow all the rules all the time.

The only time I hate drinking is when am on a hanger over like right now. Because I actually feel crazy. To me it feels like somethings going to break in my head very soon. And I'm going to go completely nuts. Like I can feel it (its not painful) I just trip out. Intense fear and depression and my heart beats out of sink and my breathing is heavy. And part of my face and body feel numb. I think there's something wrong with my blood when I'm sobering up. I think it gets thicker. Honestly am not even kidding, that's why I think I get the numbness the oxygen is not getting to parts of my brain properly. I don't even have a headache my heads just numb. Its that absolute vodka shit, am going to stick to whiskeys or just moderate drinking.

Am properly talking complete nonsense. I should just go to bed.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

You sound like you need professional help, seriously.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    My ESFJ friend daydreams, we often do it together lol you can see us zoned out just relaxing with each other, minds wandering.

Hers are a touch more realistic as mine are totally unreal most of the time, hers can still be far out there though.

Maybe asking if they daydream involves an actual discussion to determine what type of daydreams, as daydreaming is too broad a term.

I found it interesting that alot of sfj's like concrete fiction, I try real hard to get her to read complete fantasy yet she prefers ones with some kind of historical slant to it in order to make it more believable, wheras I can believe the fantasy no matter how far out and really enjoy the book regardless.
    I find that while I do very much enjoy fiction, I read exclusively nonfiction. I think it's the information-fix that I desire, and my daydreaming skills are fine without books. It sounds very "S" of me to say that, though.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Am pissed. Not mental.

Really Sona. I don't know what time zone you are in, or if you were drinking by yourself. But this sounds like a plea for help.

I had a roommate once go through a similar thing. (I found her drunk and half naked outside my door one day denying there was anything wrong.) But drinking by yourself is a bad sign. It's a hard habbit to kick once formed.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Am pissed. Not mental.
    Pissed as in drunk? Or as in angry? or both?

I hope you really do have control over this.

Why did you decide to post a message while drunk, declaring yourself drunk?

I know if I did something like that, it means I am looking for some sort of anonymous consoling.

Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I find that while I do very much enjoy fiction, I read exclusively nonfiction. I think it's the information-fix that I desire, and my daydreaming skills are fine without books. It sounds very "S" of me to say that, though.
    The same is true for me. My favorite are science books, which can actually prompt more daydreaming on my part.

It's funny. The way you used the word "skills" reminded me of Napoleon Dynamite .

Robot Fusion

heart on fire

To me it feels like somethings going to break in my head very soon. And I'm going to go completely nuts. Like I can feel it (its not painful) I just trip out. Intense fear and depression and my heart beats out of sink and my breathing is heavy. And part of my face and body feel numb. I think there's something wrong with my blood when I'm sobering up. I think it gets thicker. Honestly am not even kidding, that's why I think I get the numbness the oxygen is not getting to parts of my brain properly. I don't even have a headache my heads just numb. Its that

Maybe you should check this out: Sticky Blood (APS). It is also called "Hughes Syndrome" after a UK expert on it. I think if you really feel like you say you do, you should see a doctor.