User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Yet dreams are different, because they are most likely not lucid. Instead your hubby probably has a great deal on his mind, which are usually fragmented thoughts carried over into his dreams. I would say this is most likely to occur with those preferring Ti as their dominant or auxilary. Ti types usually like internal order and make all attempts to preclude too much chaotic thoughts.
    Is there any research on this, by any chance? I find it fascinating.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I get "purse panic", that is all of a sudden I wonder if I have left my purse somewhere and I have to grab it or if I intentionally left it in the trunk of the car I need to remind myself.

The year my mother first allowed me to carry a purse, I lost five of them in as many months. I am always losing my keys and other things.
    I loose my stupid sunglasses every month or so, and I have to wear them because my eyes are extra sensitive to sunlight. And I do the clothes-patting thing too, often I have the feeling I forgot something and HAVE to check.

btw. I found that a good way to distinguish someone as S or N is to determine if they are into spectator sports, all the Ns I know either dont care for them at all or are only mildly interested in them, mostly because they also play that particular sport they are interested in. All the people I know that are really nuts about football and other sports and who know all the facts about them and who constanly have small-talk about them, are sensors.

Also, it might help to look at someone's car, if it looks like this:

you have found yourself an SP, though SJ are not as easily recognizable.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah, I would say that talk about spectator sports is a good indicator of S and N. Although some of the Ns I know also like race cars, but it's mostly for the crashes and stuff.

MBTI
    INFP

I love spectator sports (football is my absolute favorite, but I'm into sports in general). I've never participated in any. I am not myself athletic nor do I care for athletic people or that lifestyle. But I love sports. I know other Ns who love spectator sports.

I also don't think my love of sports has much to do with Sensing. I wouldn't say I know lots of "facts" about sports. I also don't care for bone-crushing hits, spectacular crashes or fights. I find all of that painfully distracting. I just know how the games are supposed to be played, and I can spot good strategy and bad strategy in every aspect of sports (even if it's a sport I have never seen before, it doesn't take me long to "get" it). However, I have often studied facts in detail if I was in the middle of solidifying an idea. And then I can use those facts when making an argument about strategy.

I love talking about sports, serious talk. Don't care for "rah rah" or shallow stuff. I can chat for hours in sports chat rooms, and I have thousands of posts in sports forums. So I think we need to scratch that criteria.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Everyone daydreams, because all types use all eight cognitive functions. Daydreaming about things that may never, or has yet to, occur takes Ni. Daydreaming about the past utilizes Si. You don't daydream with Ti and Fi because they are both action based cognitive functions. Instead, when in deep thought and analyzing a current problem Ti emerges, and when determining whether something fits into your value system you use Fi. All four functions may be misconceived as daydreaming, however only Ni and Si can be used for this type activity.
    Ti and Fi action based?

Very odd.

MBTI
    INTP

The difference between N and S is of intellectual variety.
    It is the difference of the organization of intelligence.

The difference is seen in the first approach to any problem.

The S have their feet on the ground. They are proud of the fact and they tend to remind the N colleague that her feet are not on the ground.

The auditory context is linear but the visual/imaginary context is spatial.

A picture does not have a sequence. It is all there.

An S does not see a picture that way. He goes through the picture bit by bit.

Does he see the picture?

Edit: Unfortunately the majority of the NTs are highly conditioned.
    It is the price to pay to fare well in an S school and environment.
    Therefore the original N disposition is to be found only among the NFs.

The true intellectuals.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    An S does not see a picture that way. He goes through the picture bit by bit.

Does he see the picture?

Why not?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    Why not?
    Why not what?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't think that a liking for mainstream music has much to do with S or N. I mean, after all, music is music. Mainstream bands are just the ones who got lucky.

I do, however, think that Ns might prefer classical music because of what it tends to do with one's mind -- it's more abstract and requires a bit of personal interpretation. It more forcibly demands attention.

I think S types are more likely to sing along to songs because they're more in tune with what is more direct, but an N will probably be more appreciative of the overtones of music and the more background impressions, such as rhythm, tone, and melody, but not the actual words. They listen to music because it paints imagery in the mind, and requires more abstract, subjective interpretation.

The same thing happens when I'm watching a movie. I tend not to fully concentrate on the story, but more on the aesthetic overtones such as how the scene is put together for purposes of stimulating my own imagination. I have less concern with what's happening directly and I have to watch a movie several times to understand it.

Again, I get this sort of experience with either mainstream or indie films. A film for me is a more operatic experience.

I tend to enjoy mainstream films even more because I am appreciative of big-budget special effects. The subtleties of a digital character and the way an action sequence is done stimulates my mind and makes a film seem more poetic, but again, I have to watch the film more than once to take notice of the story, which is a more direct and concrete aspect of the film.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I don't think that a liking for mainstream music has much to do with S or N. I mean, after all, music is music. Mainstream bands are just the ones who got lucky.

I do, however, think that Ns might prefer classical music because of what it tends to do with one's mind -- it's more abstract and requires a bit of personal interpretation. It more forcibly demands attention.

I think S types are more likely to sing along to songs because they're more in tune with what is more direct, but an N will probably be more appreciative of the overtones of music and the more background impressions, such as rhythm, tone, and melody, but not the actual words. They listen to music because it paints imagery in the mind, and requires more abstract, subjective interpretation.

The same thing happens when I'm watching a movie. I tend not to fully concentrate on the story, but more on the aesthetic overtones such as how the scene is put together for purposes of stimulating my own imagination. I have less concern with what's happening directly and I have to watch a movie several times to understand it.

Again, I get this sort of experience with either mainstream or indie films. A film for me is a more operatic experience.

I tend to enjoy mainstream films even more because I am appreciative of big-budget special effects. The subtleties of a digital character and the way an action sequence is done stimulates my mind and makes a film seem more poetic, but again, I have to watch the film more than once to take notice of the story, which is a more direct and concrete aspect of the film.
    This is strange. You are the only one to admit you do not listen to the words in a song or do not see the story in the movie.