User Tag List

12 Last

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Default Exactly the same type.

Two people with the same type and same % for each function would they behave in the same way? Cultural upbringing and experiences aside.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    Two people with the same type and same % for each function would they behave in the same way? Cultural upbringing and experiences aside.
    That is a massive aside. And, for that reason, I'd guess no.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    That is a massive aside. And, for that reason, I'd guess no.
    I don't think it is in ref to the OP.

I've noticed how two people with the same type can be very different. I know an ENTP who is nothing like DR Cox on Scrubs (bare with me), I put it down to the ENTP I know having stonger N and P. Whereas DR Cox is very strong E and T. If they were the same though... The importance of your functions is obvious but further still, is the degrees of each one.

MBTI
    intp

I've noticed how two people with the same type can be very different. I know an ENTP who is nothing like DR Cox on Scrubs (bare with me), I put it down to the ENTP I know having stonger N and P. Whereas DR Cox is very strong E and T. If they were the same though... The importance of your functions is obvious but further still, is the degrees of each one.
    I am not familiar with the scrubs characters, but I am guessing that even with the same strengths behind each letter, cultural factors will exert some influence on their expression, so that the behavior you view will not be "equal".

. . . Or did you mean a hypo with two people who have the same culture, upbringing and experiences?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    I am not familiar with the scrubs characters, but I am guessing that even with the same strengths behind each letter, cultural factors will exert some influence on their expression, so that the behavior you view will not be "equal".

. . . Or did you mean a hypo with two people who have the same culture, upbringing and experiences?
    I don't have a solid question in mind. Only I know some people of the same type that are very similar and others that aren't. Surely it must be to do with the percentage of functions. Or maybe it is something else.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

No they would not. Introverted functions take the "internal standard" as a premise; in other words, my Ni would start with completely different premises than someone else's.

Likewise, extroverted functions take the "extroverted standard" as a premise. This is what a person considers tangible information. But we all have different ways we view the world, just in terms of senses. Additionally, introverted functions put limits on how we view the external world.

Now, philosophically, if two people literally had the same flow of external data and the same internal standard (like, they had the exact same physical body), then they would behave in exactly the same way. But it's kind of a moot point.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Now, philosophically, if two people literally had the same flow of external data and the same internal standard (like, they had the exact same physical body), then they would behave in exactly the same way. But it's kind of a moot point.
    Identical twins can have a lot of funny stuff like that going on. Even if they're raised separately...But that's another thread for another day.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You mean % scores on an instrument they used to determine their type? On the real MBTI (that thing you actually have to pay for) the scores mean nothing other than how clear you were on whether that's your preference. A 100% Extravert is just very clear that they're an extravert, and actually no more of one than a 10%...weird concept if you're used to diagnostics or college test scores but that's the official meaning...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INTj

I think he/she/it is referring to cognitive processes tests.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTJ

I would say no because I don't think the MBTI function show everything there is about a person's personality. To list just a few examples: It doesn't tell you how well adjusted a person is. It doesn't tell you how creative or artistic a person is. It doesn't say if a person is religious/spritual. It doesn't tell you their political views. It doesn't say what your taste in music or reading is.