• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Exactly the same type.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Two people with the same type and same % for each function would they behave in the same way? Cultural upbringing and experiences aside.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Two people with the same type and same % for each function would they behave in the same way? Cultural upbringing and experiences aside.

That is a massive aside. And, for that reason, I'd guess no.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
That is a massive aside. And, for that reason, I'd guess no.

I don't think it is in ref to the OP.

I've noticed how two people with the same type can be very different. I know an ENTP who is nothing like DR Cox on Scrubs (bare with me), I put it down to the ENTP I know having stonger N and P. Whereas DR Cox is very strong E and T. If they were the same though... The importance of your functions is obvious but further still, is the degrees of each one.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I've noticed how two people with the same type can be very different. I know an ENTP who is nothing like DR Cox on Scrubs (bare with me), I put it down to the ENTP I know having stonger N and P. Whereas DR Cox is very strong E and T. If they were the same though... The importance of your functions is obvious but further still, is the degrees of each one.
I am not familiar with the scrubs characters, but I am guessing that even with the same strengths behind each letter, cultural factors will exert some influence on their expression, so that the behavior you view will not be "equal".

. . . Or did you mean a hypo with two people who have the same culture, upbringing and experiences?

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I am not familiar with the scrubs characters, but I am guessing that even with the same strengths behind each letter, cultural factors will exert some influence on their expression, so that the behavior you view will not be "equal".

. . . Or did you mean a hypo with two people who have the same culture, upbringing and experiences?

I don't have a solid question in mind. Only I know some people of the same type that are very similar and others that aren't. Surely it must be to do with the percentage of functions. Or maybe it is something else.

redacted

No they would not. Introverted functions take the "internal standard" as a premise; in other words, my Ni would start with completely different premises than someone else's.

Likewise, extroverted functions take the "extroverted standard" as a premise. This is what a person considers tangible information. But we all have different ways we view the world, just in terms of senses. Additionally, introverted functions put limits on how we view the external world.

Now, philosophically, if two people literally had the same flow of external data and the same internal standard (like, they had the exact same physical body), then they would behave in exactly the same way. But it's kind of a moot point.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Now, philosophically, if two people literally had the same flow of external data and the same internal standard (like, they had the exact same physical body), then they would behave in exactly the same way. But it's kind of a moot point.
Identical twins can have a lot of funny stuff like that going on. Even if they're raised separately...But that's another thread for another day.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

You mean % scores on an instrument they used to determine their type? On the real MBTI (that thing you actually have to pay for) the scores mean nothing other than how clear you were on whether that's your preference. A 100% Extravert is just very clear that they're an extravert, and actually no more of one than a 10%...weird concept if you're used to diagnostics or college test scores but that's the official meaning...

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I think he/she/it is referring to cognitive processes tests.

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would say no because I don't think the MBTI function show everything there is about a person's personality. To list just a few examples: It doesn't tell you how well adjusted a person is. It doesn't tell you how creative or artistic a person is. It doesn't say if a person is religious/spritual. It doesn't tell you their political views. It doesn't say what your taste in music or reading is.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I've met many ENTJs, and I think only one of them was really exactly like me. It was an extremely eerie experience.