• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you relate to your inside-out/outside-in doppelganger type?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
What I mean is every type has an 'inside-out' type and this doesn't mean simply your extroverted or introverted counterparts.

For example I am an ENTP and my inside-out type would be an INTJ because we both use an NTFS stacking preferences even though the orientations are reversed.

Other examples include:

INFJ <----> ENFP (NFTS)
INFP<----> ENFJ (FNST)
ISFJ <----> ESFP (SFNT)

And so on....

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just to be clear, you mean the types that have the same basic preferences but different attitude...

So an ENTJ and an INTP both prefer Intuition and Thinking, but one's attitude is extraverted, and the other's is introverted. Right?

So for me NTP's may arrive at the same place, but we have very different ways of getting to that place. The reasons for getting to the same place may be very similar, but we take separate paths.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I consider INTJs my best intellectual rivals / greatest allies depending on the subject(s) being discussed and where our biases fall.

INTJs are much more refined in their delivery of the facts than I am and typically desire closure to some topic or issue. Quite the opposite I prefer to leave a topic open ended to some degree and the facts truly have to be overwhelming in order for me to close the loop. Conversely they (INTJs) can struggle when handling a theory especially just being able to freely turn it around in their heads and analyze a perspective solely on its logical implications. For the INTJ a good argument doesn't mean anything if it can't be applicable in some actual working system.

I think in my ENTP view I see INTJs as slightly pompous and its clear they desire status and recognition (and maybe even accolades) for their intellectual prowess. They can be haughty and stubborn but , to their credit , can usually back up their ego. INTJs I've met usually have a reverence and respect for those they deem intellectually equal or even superior and believe it's not exactly wrong to categorize people in an intellectual hierarchy.

For example : Someone else challenges something the INTJ considers to be valid with a cleaver argument. The INTJ may believe it to be true because of intellectual authority has deemed it so and may minimize the veracity of an argument just because the person making it doesn't have some kind of recognized intellectual status.

ENTPs don't really care about intellectual status or even recognition. ENTPs are perfectly fine being 'common' among the masses with everyone else and think of our intellect as something usually fun and some toy/hobby to be played with. We see everything as an intellectual playground rather than some academic pulpit to effect holistic thought on a grand scale. INTJs are formal with their intellect while ENTPs are tongue and cheek and casual with ours.

I think this annoys INTJs about ENTPs since they recognize an equal or similar intellect but believe ENTPs waste our 'talents' with our frivolous approach.

On the flip side there is a unique synergy here that can't be overstated. My best 'sparring partners' have been INTJs on virtually all matters. It's fun and at the end of the day nobody's feelings are hurt. :thumbup:

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just to be clear, you mean the types that have the same basic preferences but different attitude...

So an ENTJ and an INTP both prefer Intuition and Thinking, but one's attitude is extraverted, and the other's is introverted. Right?

So for me NTP's may arrive at the same place, but we have very different ways of getting to that place. The reasons for getting to the same place may be very similar, but we take separate paths.

Close. ENTJ/INTP prefer TNSF and in that exact order but the functions are orientated (I or E) oppositely.

So yes, if you're an ENTJ then your inverted type is INTP. If you're an INTJ then its ENTP.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
In socionics these are called "contrary" or "extinguishing" relations. Perhaps the below page will prove useful. I don't know how much you know about socionics but the concept should map decently back to MBTI.

Socionics - the16types.info - Extinguishment Relations

*Edit: Ignore the function associations under the notes. They are misleading.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm not sure if I have met a lot of ENFJs. My best friend may be one and we get along very well. I think she has helped influence me to be more assertive and organized and I have influenced her to be more laid back about some things.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I relate.
Often when I am afraid of steamrolling over a person and I don't want that I approach them pretending to be INTP. Over the years this almost became pathological since people tend to respond much better if I present myself like this. Instead of just throwing the bottom line and insisting that I am right.
Plus I tend to analyze everything to the end without remorse.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJ's. Dated two of them for long term relationships. Can't say anything bad about them. I like and admire them for a lot of things.

I think we are very similar in so many ways that make it easy to get along. Yet, what our core underlying philosophy of life is - they are so very different that it kept slapping me in the face and it was irritating that compatibility is so close yet so far away in terms of accepting each other for those differences.

If you do understand each other and accept each other, then it can work but in my experiences, it did not. I always got pressure to change.

EDIT: Outside of romantic relationships, we usually get on pretty well.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I usually get along good with ESTJ as well. My ex father in law is one. It was a slow start as i was very quiet and he was very talkative. Went slow because his "small talk" i didnt really care much about or show much interest. It was more like he was just giving me data. Not much for back and forth. Once we got to actually interacting everything was pretty good. We got past the small talk and into the meat and potatoes of everyday life.

Never been in a romantic relationship, but i do see what mdp2525 is saying. We are really different in our philosophy of how we work. I have been able to change his philosophy, but t was ALOT of work to do it. Very stubborn and hard headed in regard to that. In his opd ge he has got very negative and i would say thats my biggest issue with him right now. I hate politics, i may slam society and people as a whole. But i stay out of politics for the kost part and i dont hold a single person to what i see as "society" and the stupidness. We all contribute to that overall stupid, but in different areas. He ties it all directly to individual people and assigns the whole to them and then runs with it as his perception. Its a very destructive loop for him.