User Tag List

View Poll Results: How well do you fit one of the 16 types?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I know my type and it fits me very well.

32 55.17%
  • I am not sure: Sometimes I suspect I might not fit into any of the types.

18 31.03%
  • I feel I don't fit any of the type descriptions.

1 1.72%
  • I feel I don't fit because my top two function are not one of the 16 allowed combinations.

4 6.90%
  • Other (please explain)

3 5.17%
123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default How well do you fit one of the 16 types?

This is inspired by the MBTI is almost totally useless thread. I am trying to get a feel of how many people feel they are "exceptions" people who don't fit into one of the 16 types.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Many people don't think they do. There may possibly be those who really don't, but I haven't seen one yet. :) I fit.

MBTI
    nnnn

The interplay and intensity of the letters can make for a lot of different "exceptions" - we should re-evaluate the tenability of non-exception, I guess. You can chalk me up for spilling out over the edges of the INTJ box. I izz jelly.

MBTI
    intp

I don't think I fit any of them exactly. For a while I was confused because I got hung up on function ordering, too. But when I read the descriptions, one fits better than the rest (INTP>ENTP>ENTJ). When I take (non-function) MBTI tests online, its mostly INTP over INTJ by a little. The comparative approach is the only way I get to pick one of the 16 types.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Your type is just something about you. One aspect of your personality. People think if they make it to work on time they're breaking the rules of being a P. There are no ****ing rules. /rant

MBTI
    ENTP

Whilst the ENTP, Ne/Ti description fits me pretty damn well, the further down the function list you go the more inaccurate it gets for me. As an ENTP I'm not supposed to have as good Te as I do, and Fi is meant to be better than Si, yet it's my inferior. The professional that tested me said that I was like an ambidextrous person where left hand was ENTJ and right was ENTP, and because it's just easier to be right-handed, that's what I 'chose' most of the time, but I can still write with my left hand better than most people.

Don't blame me, it's not my analogy. I would've thought of a better one lol
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    This is inspired by the MBTI is almost totally useless thread. I am trying to get a feel of how many people feel they are "exceptions" people who don't fit into one of the 16 types.
    Jung and Myers-Briggs says there are no pure types, but it does not preclude people from making attempts at boxing themselves into a specific mode in particularly dichotomous modes. You are not pure on those levels because the cognitive functions are fluid.

I did not come to appreciate type until I determined my best fit type, not from a forced choice test but from having to do some real self analysis. I have said it before and will continue to say the easiest and most accurate means of determining your best fit type is to first determine your temperament then determine your interaction style. It leads to one and only one choice. Whether I feel social does not change that I prefer introversion. Having an appreciation for the abstract does not change that I prefer sensing. Considering the human element does not discard that I prefer thinking and J/P merely a joke that simply means you're not discussing type when you focus on it.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

^Well said, question mark. (even if I only 99% agree)

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I fit pretty well. There are isolated elements of some descriptions that I don't agree with (and as much as I think Keirsey is dead-on about a lot of things he says about SP's overall, I think he doesn't understand ISFP's very well, so he's very vague in his descriptions of us) but overall I think I could be a good example of an ISFP. The funny thing is I have read some contradictory stuff on ISFPs than when I thought about it, they could both be true. Like one said we aren't competitive at all, and the other said we can get very competitive. And the truth is I have times where both are true. Like most other things, it kinda goes in phases.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think that I'm technically an INFJ because I'm an Ni dominant and a Ti/Fe user. But I believe I'm more Thinking focused than Feeling focused. I do approach the outer world with Extroverted Feeling, but Ni+Ti processing takes precedence.