User Tag List

View Poll Results: How well do you fit one of the 16 types?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I know my type and it fits me very well.

32 55.17%
  • I am not sure: Sometimes I suspect I might not fit into any of the types.

18 31.03%
  • I feel I don't fit any of the type descriptions.

1 1.72%
  • I feel I don't fit because my top two function are not one of the 16 allowed combinations.

4 6.90%
  • Other (please explain)

3 5.17%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

i've always thought i fit the ENFJ profile
    i read several profiles before, and a light went off in my head.
    thats probably because its so dark in there........
    I N V I C T U S

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I have too high of Se to be a good NT, but more Ne than Se, so I'm stuck as a freakish N I fear
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I've never been really sure of my type.
    At the first test I ever took I scored INTJ, read the type description, laughed and dismissed the whole MBTI thing.

Then I read some more type descriptions and INTP seemed to fit so well that I was surprised. While trying to understand the whole system a bit better, I realised that the similarities I have with the INTP description are more often than not, superficial ones.

All I'm sure about is that I'm not E or J. I think I am T but I'm not sure, I always score N but I'm having trouble to describe myself as an iNtuitive and I've even had doubts on the I/E part at some point.
    I can't help but wonder - regardless of whether I understand the MBTI correctly - how far can really this theory go. I'd say cognitive processes give more depth to the system, but I'm not very sure.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I've doubted each of my letters before, and I don't really fit into ISTP all that well, but I fit into the other types even worse, so it remains.

I think it's just too vague and ambiguous for me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I fit extremely well. Now, if you're referring to the type descriptions, then not completely... but those aren't supposed to fit everyone anyway. It's about the functions, man!

MBTI
    ENFJ

I guess I fit INTJ pretty well.

But I'm not quite so misanthropic and laugh a lot more. And no, not all of the laughter is maniacal laughter, actually.

Then again, I could be completely wrong...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I know INFJ fits me best, but one of the things type trainers say is that you're like every person who shares your type, and like no other person who shares your type. In other words knowing another person's type tells you a little bit about them but they still have unique experiences, family background, education, training, culture that influences their behavior, the skills they develop, and their values and principles--all things that make them unique.

For example, the one "accusation" I get from others is that I sometimes act as Te as I do Fe. Well, duh, I have 4 older brothers (our culture trains boys to act T), went to a math/science high school, have an MBA in finance and spent 10 years working as a bank examiner/controller. I can do T but believe me, my first inclination when making a decision is thinking of the impact on others and how the community will react, not the logic and precedents I'm setting.

And I do think that past the first two functions, people develop in no set order. There's at least 4 theories wandering around on type development and they seem to be influenced more by the personal experiences of those who uphold them than they are likely to admit in any venue...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Sometimes I feel im the epitome of a male ENFP, I would say at most only 5% of any ENFP descriptions dont fit me. I most definitely fit...
    SDMF

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    I can do T but believe me, my first inclination when making a decision is thinking of the impact on others and how the community will react, not the logic and precedents I'm setting.
    Would you say this is a rule for INFJs? Or are you just trying to say that you happen to fit the prototype?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Would you say this is a rule for INFJs? Or are you just trying to say that you happen to fit the prototype?
    I'm saying that type is about preferences and my preference is to use Fe in decisions--that's where my mind naturally goes. But...I've had lots of training and wonderful opportunities that have helped me develop skills with Te and Ti. People sometimes see me using those skills and say, "Oh you must be INTJ." No, because I actually prefer Fe I'm INFJ. If my mind went first to the Te considerations I'd prefer Te.

INFJs certainly do exist whose childhoods were so anti-Fe that they haven't been able to develop the skills for their preferred decision making style, so they would really struggle to use it and might not feel like they fit the prototype very well.

One set of descriptions (not available on line) only deals with what each type values, not with behaviors. Descriptions of the 16 Types by Gordon Lawrence. It helps a lot of people work through these kinds of nature-but-influenced-by-nurture (or lack thereof) issues that cloud type development.
    edcoaching