User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 47

  1. #31
    Senior Member Lexlike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    149

    Default

    my father is an ENTP , and my mother is a sensitive ISFJ. But i guess i m more like my grandfather of father side who is also INTP.My younger brother is an ISTJ or a shy ESTJ... so i basically thinks its a mix of genetics and nurture
    I...74%
    N...66%
    F... 62%
    P... 72%
    Ti- Ne- Si- Fe
    Te- Ni-Fi- Se
    Ennegramm: 4w5
    Intrapersonal with Logical- Mathemathical I.
    Cassification: brunette East- baltid^^

  2. #32
    To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Father: ESTJ (Te Si)
    Mother: ISFP (Fi Se)
    Me: ENFP (Ne Fi)
    Brother: INFP (Fi Ne)
    Sister: ESFP (Se Fi)

    The only corellation I can see is that we all use Fi (/Te). Apart from that, we're a pretty good mix of N/S functions. I suppose you could use the genetic argument in this situation, as none of the kids have a function that neither of the parents do, but it doesn't seem like a particularly clear thing.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

    9w1 so/sx/sp

  3. #33
    Senior Member Kristiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SparklingImpediments View Post
    I've discussed this with many of my friends, and I've come to the conclusion that one's personality type is hereditary. For example I believe I get the NF from my mother, and P from my father, and E from my grandfather. I've found predominantly observant families do not have Intuitive children, and vice versa. What do you think?
    I'm very much N, as is my brother, yet both my parents are very much S. I agree with Ilah's theory about N possibly being recessively heritable.

    Nurture did not work to make me more N, either.

    Ah who knows, or maybe I was switched at birth.
    j'adore les chats

  4. #34
    Senior Member Kristiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Father: ESTJ (Te Si)
    Mother: ISFP (Fi Se)
    Me: ENFP (Ne Fi)
    Brother: INFP (Fi Ne)
    Sister: ESFP (Se Fi)

    The only corellation I can see is that we all use Fi (/Te). Apart from that, we're a pretty good mix of N/S functions. I suppose you could use the genetic argument in this situation, as none of the kids have a function that neither of the parents do, but it doesn't seem like a particularly clear thing.
    Hey, my brother is INFP and sister is ESFP, too!

    My parents are ESFJ (mom) and ISTJ (dad).
    j'adore les chats

  5. #35
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiana View Post
    I'm very much N, as is my brother, yet both my parents are very much S. I agree with Ilah's theory about N possibly being recessively heritable.

    Nurture did not work to make me more N, either.

    Ah who knows, or maybe I was switched at birth.
    N recessively heritable? Like blue eyes? Like there's a perception gene with an S allele and an N allele (which we'll designate "s"), and if you cross 2 Ss parents you have a 25% chance of having an ss and thus intuitive child? Are you saying this because 25% of the American population is supposedly N?

    I do think that it's partly genetic, as in, we're born with some aspect of it, or born with some built-in probability (predisposition) of being one or the other. And maybe our environment tips the scale to some degree. However, I highly highly doubt that this observational theory will neatly show up in our genes the way eye color does. Don't forget that the letters aren't functions in themselves.

    EDIT: Hey, doesn't Captain Chick study genetics? Where is she? We need an expert!

  6. #36
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SparklingImpediments View Post
    I've discussed this with many of my friends, and I've come to the conclusion that one's personality type is hereditary. For example I believe I get the NF from my mother, and P from my father, and E from my grandfather. I've found predominantly observant families do not have Intuitive children, and vice versa. What do you think?
    I absolutely think one's personality is primarily genetically based/founded with maybe several to many environmental influencing contributing factors.

    My father was a hardcore INTP, and my mother is a hardcore ESF.

    I think being the youngest of three daughters also contributed to my heightened Ne, Fi and P-ishness.

    Regardless, since age five, it has been pretty clear that I have been an ENFP.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Maybe it's Maybelline.

    My analysis of the meager data: It seems like a lot of people are arguing against innate type encoding because their parents are so different. I've never had any reason to think there would be a connection. Type could be innate, and I wouldn't think it has much to do with what types your parents are.

  8. #38
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    N recessively heritable? Like blue eyes? Like there's a perception gene with an S allele and an N allele (which we'll designate "s"), and if you cross 2 Ss parents you have a 25% chance of having an ss and thus intuitive child? Are you saying this because 25% of the American population is supposedly N?

    I do think that it's partly genetic, as in, we're born with some aspect of it, or born with some built-in probability (predisposition) of being one or the other. And maybe our environment tips the scale to some degree. However, I highly highly doubt that this observational theory will neatly show up in our genes the way eye color does. Don't forget that the letters aren't functions in themselves.

    EDIT: Hey, doesn't Captain Chick study genetics? Where is she? We need an expert!
    Lol, yes, I'm a recently ex-bio major of two years and, alas, genetics is most definitely NOT my forte, but I would definitely say with some confidence, that there is NO N OR S GENE, lol!!!

    There is, however, plenty of studies on the heritability of intelligence.

    And, you must not forget that you inherit ALL OF YOUR GENES from your parents, and that your parents inherited ALL OF THEIR GENES from their parents, ad infinitum, (excluding genetic mutations, of course).

    I know, without a shadow of doubt, that my N-ness has a genetic component strictly because it has been apparent since early childhood and my sister who was raised in the same household as I is a hardcore S.

    Also, most attributes are the product of polygenic inheritance.

    To be continued...

    Perhaps.

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  9. #39
    Senior Member Ilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Maybe it's Maybelline.

    My analysis of the meager data: It seems like a lot of people are arguing against innate type encoding because their parents are so different. I've never had any reason to think there would be a connection. Type could be innate, and I wouldn't think it has much to do with what types your parents are.
    Is saying type is innate the same thing as saying it has a genetic component? Is there another way of type being innate without it being genetic/inherited? I have other theories for how type could be innate without genetics but they are all metaphysical explanation. Does anyone know of any scientific explanation for innate characteristics that don't involve gentics?

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    Is saying type is innate the same thing as saying it has a genetic component? Is there another way of type being innate without it being genetic/inherited? I have other theories for how type could be innate without genetics but they are all metaphysical explanation. Does anyone know of any scientific explanation for innate characteristics that don't involve gentics?
    That's a tough one. I don't think it could get around DNA, but it could be random still, correct? I'm not a geneticist, and it's not a subject I've done much reading on.

    I can tell you (believe me or no) that visual identification and the ease of it can dumbfound me sometimes. Several times in the pic gallery I've thought something like "Wow, he has an extremely similar face to several other ENTPs I've known," and I look over, and it says ENTP. I really start to wonder about the nature of individuality when this happens, even in a slightly mystical way. Not characteristic of me.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Does anyone feel this way? how do you cope with it?
    By think2much in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 04:37 AM
  2. Are you attracted with your supposed "dual type"?
    By Speed Gavroche in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 12:12 PM
  3. [INTP] INTPs are you frustrated with life?
    By think2much in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 03:59 PM
  4. [SJ] SJ's .. Are you content with your type?
    By Saslou in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 11:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO