User Tag List

123 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default Where do the types gather?

Sometimes I see a thread that asks, "Where can I find type X?" Overall I've found quite a few places where you can see a concentration of a certain type if you are looking for one in particular.

For example you can find a ton of ESTP's at any popular sports game (and a fair amount of other SP's too). You can find a concentration of INT's among university faculty (especially INTP's). If you want to find some INFP's then just go to a poetry reading, and I'll guarantee that you'll find several there. And SJ's are easy to find in any established organization like a church or corporation. I'm sure a hospital is full of both ESFJ and ISFJ employees.

Where else can you find a certain type concentrated together? Overall I'm not sure where to find a collection of any of these types:

ENTP
    ENTJ
    ENFJ
    INFJ
    (and to a lesser extent ENFP)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

ENTPs? What about corporate marketing, political strategy; maybe even public relations?

NFs are drawn to humanitarian missions. In Peace Corps, equivalent government agencies and in-country NGOs?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ENTP - Time Lord Convention
    ENTJ - Military Officer's Tent
    ENFJ - Rodeo Queen pageant
    INFJ - therapist office
    (and to a lesser extent ENFP) - in bed with my former best friend
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    ENTPs? What about corporate marketing, political strategy; maybe even public relations?

NFs are drawn to humanitarian missions. In Peace Corps, equivalent government agencies and in-country NGOs?
    I think corporate marketing and probably have many more ES types for every ENTP you'd find. I'm not sure about political strategy.

I could see NGO's attracting NF's, but I'm not really sure which ones. Do you think several ENFJ's would work together at an NGO? I don't really know. What I do know is my wife volunteered at a local food bank for a while, and most of the people there were serving community service of some kind.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

Corporate anything doesn't seem to gel well with my strain of ENTP syndrome lol

Humanitarian/philanthropy is what I've always gone in for. But I know three ENTP's who are all college professors. The type that are very active and travel around doing guest lectures and stuff. I've thought David Crystal is an ENTP for a long time...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

In Europe I've found more ENTJ's working as independent smallholders, ruling their own little empire, than having to suck up and schmooze to climb corporate ladders.

ENFP's make good teachers. My brother's a driving instructor and finds it more rewarding than any other job he's had. Their characteristic lack of planning tends to be well compensated for by their enthusiasm and ability to adapt lesson and teaching style to the individual needs of each student.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I don't know if it was on INTPc or here that a few people suggested that ENFJs would be found concentrated at churches. To that I must say. I couldn't fathom it until my bosses wife tested as ENFJ. He still complains about her bible-thumping ways and that she is a at church every time the door is open. I am much less saintly so I would love to hear where you can find a group of us! I know there are many activities that would interest me such as book clubs, cooking clubs and probably even self-help seminars since that stuff intrigues the hell out me if time would allow. I think humanitarian causes are a good for NF hunting and helping people certainly shows up early at least in my case. I began volunteering and took on "helping jobs" from my very early teens through young adulthood. I've always wanted to meet several ENFJs to see what they are like from an outside perspective. I've pretty much assumed that if their lives are anything like mine they are super busy people .
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    But I know three ENTP's who are all college professors.
    A lot of my profs have an ENTP vibe, including most of the better ones I've had (I would guess many of the others are ISTP or INTJ). Might depend on your field though - I could see some types gravitating to particular subjects.

Enneagram
    1w2

You can find me in da club, bottle full of bub

OR

At my local indie movie theater
    Slam poetry sessions
    People watching at the mall
    Roaming the streets at godawful hours
    Getting thrown out of said club
    at a museum
    at a discussion about how the world and it's inhabitants are blissfully hurling themselves towards their own demise (it's not a church) AND WHAT WE CAN DO TO STOP IT!!!
    MBTIc
    and then maybe church

Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

You can find me (young ENTJ), not in order of frequency:
    - At home, working
    - At home, studying
    - Out in the hills, mountains or in the country, cycling
    - At university, attending courses/socializing/n for exams
    - At the local football field, playing (never watching)
    - Out in clubs, sometimes on the weekend
    - Out in town, at night

As far as older ENTJs, usually I see them:
    - At the university, being professors
    - Running their own business of variuos kind
    - In the mountains, hiking or cycling
    - At the gym
    - Out in town, at night
    - With their family, various places
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp