• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where do the types gather?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Sometimes I see a thread that asks, "Where can I find type X?" Overall I've found quite a few places where you can see a concentration of a certain type if you are looking for one in particular.

For example you can find a ton of ESTP's at any popular sports game (and a fair amount of other SP's too). You can find a concentration of INT's among university faculty (especially INTP's). If you want to find some INFP's then just go to a poetry reading, and I'll guarantee that you'll find several there. And SJ's are easy to find in any established organization like a church or corporation. I'm sure a hospital is full of both ESFJ and ISFJ employees.

Where else can you find a certain type concentrated together? Overall I'm not sure where to find a collection of any of these types:

ENTP
ENTJ
ENFJ
INFJ
(and to a lesser extent ENFP)

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
ENTPs? What about corporate marketing, political strategy; maybe even public relations?

NFs are drawn to humanitarian missions. In Peace Corps, equivalent government agencies and in-country NGOs?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENTP - Time Lord Convention
ENTJ - Military Officer's Tent
ENFJ - Rodeo Queen pageant
INFJ - therapist office
(and to a lesser extent ENFP) - in bed with my former best friend

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTPs? What about corporate marketing, political strategy; maybe even public relations?

NFs are drawn to humanitarian missions. In Peace Corps, equivalent government agencies and in-country NGOs?

I think corporate marketing and probably have many more ES types for every ENTP you'd find. I'm not sure about political strategy. :thinking:

I could see NGO's attracting NF's, but I'm not really sure which ones. Do you think several ENFJ's would work together at an NGO? I don't really know. What I do know is my wife volunteered at a local food bank for a while, and most of the people there were serving community service of some kind.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Corporate anything doesn't seem to gel well with my strain of ENTP syndrome lol

Humanitarian/philanthropy is what I've always gone in for. But I know three ENTP's who are all college professors. The type that are very active and travel around doing guest lectures and stuff. I've thought David Crystal is an ENTP for a long time...

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
In Europe I've found more ENTJ's working as independent smallholders, ruling their own little empire, than having to suck up and schmooze to climb corporate ladders.

ENFP's make good teachers. My brother's a driving instructor and finds it more rewarding than any other job he's had. Their characteristic lack of planning tends to be well compensated for by their enthusiasm and ability to adapt lesson and teaching style to the individual needs of each student.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
I don't know if it was on INTPc or here that a few people suggested that ENFJs would be found concentrated at churches. To that I must say:sadbanana:. I couldn't fathom it until my bosses wife tested as ENFJ. He still complains about her bible-thumping ways and that she is a at church every time the door is open. I am much less saintly so I would love to hear where you can find a group of us! I know there are many activities that would interest me such as book clubs, cooking clubs and probably even self-help seminars since that stuff intrigues the hell out me if time would allow. I think humanitarian causes are a good for NF hunting and helping people certainly shows up early at least in my case. I began volunteering and took on "helping jobs" from my very early teens through young adulthood. I've always wanted to meet several ENFJs to see what they are like from an outside perspective. I've pretty much assumed that if their lives are anything like mine they are super busy people :).

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But I know three ENTP's who are all college professors.
A lot of my profs have an ENTP vibe, including most of the better ones I've had (I would guess many of the others are ISTP or INTJ). Might depend on your field though - I could see some types gravitating to particular subjects.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
You can find me in da club, bottle full of bub

OR

At my local indie movie theater
Slam poetry sessions
People watching at the mall
Roaming the streets at godawful hours
Getting thrown out of said club
at a museum
at a discussion about how the world and it's inhabitants are blissfully hurling themselves towards their own demise (it's not a church) AND WHAT WE CAN DO TO STOP IT!!!
MBTIc
and then maybe church

:)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
You can find me (young ENTJ), not in order of frequency:
- At home, working
- At home, studying
- Out in the hills, mountains or in the country, cycling
- At university, attending courses/socializing/n for exams
- At the local football field, playing (never watching)
- Out in clubs, sometimes on the weekend
- Out in town, at night

As far as older ENTJs, usually I see them:
- At the university, being professors
- Running their own business of variuos kind
- In the mountains, hiking or cycling
- At the gym
- Out in town, at night
- With their family, various places

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
You can find me (young ENTJ), not in order of frequency:
- At home, working
- At home, studying
- Out in the hills, mountains or in the country, cycling
- At university, attending courses/socializing/n for exams
- At the local football field, playing (never watching)
- Out in clubs, sometimes on the weekend
- Out in town, at night
- During the summer, at the beach/at the river, sunbathing

As far as older ENTJs, usually I see them:
- At the university, being professors
- Running their own business of variuos kind
- In the mountains, hiking or cycling
- At the gym
- Out in town, at night
- With their family, various places

Usehername

On a mission
Half of my Rhetoric profs are undoubtedly ENFJs. They also all have the saddest puppy-dog look of disappointment on their face when they hear rhetoric reduced to negative connotations and then make sure to praise the positive wonders good, healthy, well-intentioned rhetoric can do for others.

Superior command of Fe (important in rhetoric); deep understanding of Ni (also important in rhetoric).

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Sometimes I see a thread that asks, "Where can I find type X?" Overall I've found quite a few places where you can see a concentration of a certain type if you are looking for one in particular.

For example you can find a ton of ESTP's at any popular sports game (and a fair amount of other SP's too). You can find a concentration of INT's among university faculty (especially INTP's). If you want to find some INFP's then just go to a poetry reading, and I'll guarantee that you'll find several there. And SJ's are easy to find in any established organization like a church or corporation. I'm sure a hospital is full of both ESFJ and ISFJ employees.

Where else can you find a certain type concentrated together? Overall I'm not sure where to find a collection of any of these types:

ENTP
ENTJ
ENFJ
INFJ
(and to a lesser extent ENFP)

You'll find an ENTp in your local entrepreneur convention :cheese: or
I go to political rallys though to argue with bigots.

INFP (not listed here) or ENFP will probably be in an activist club.

ENTJ i am not sure, i only met one online.

INTJs you will likely to find them being political strategists or scientific researchers.

Perhaps we should narrow it down what careers do the types you stated oriented towards.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would NEVER go to an entrepreneur meeting... I might be expected to DO something or take charge of something *shudder*

this ENTP can be found at

- home
- work
- hiking in the park
- at a dive bar with friends who know how to talk
- staring in awe at the spice selection at the asian grociery store
- visiting the medical museum or Crazy Mary's Pawn Shop

a variety of other places, but as far from business people and politicians as I can get ;)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
ENTP - Time Lord Convention
ENTJ - Military Officer's Tent
ENFJ - Rodeo Queen pageant
INFJ - therapist office
(and to a lesser extent ENFP) - in bed with my former best friend
That's just about the greatest post I ever read man, shit.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'd never ever work for McKinsey, unless I was paid to empirically evaluate new secretary positions

Now seriously, I don't think ENTJs (at least, as substitute says) here in Europe see the corporate career as very fitting.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd never ever work for McKinsey, unless I was paid to empirically evaluate new secretary positions

So because you'd never work for McKinsey, McKinsey cannot possibly be chock-full of ENTJs? That's a sound argument. :rolleyes:

Now seriously, I don't think ENTJs (at least, as substitute says) here in Europe see the corporate career as very fitting.

I'm European and I know plenty of ENTJs who work for McKinsey and other consulting companies, including the one where I used to work. In fact, it's my impression that ENTJ is the consulting type.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
So because you'd never work for McKinsey, McKinsey cannot possibly be chock-full of ENTJs? That's a sound argument. :rolleyes:

I never, ever stated what you say here. Learn to read.