User Tag List

123 Last

Default Oblivousness Index

Got this out of the MBTI Manual - Interesting how gender impacts the results

The index is the percentage that is satisfied in the relationship (while their partner isn't)

Type Men Women

ISTJ 16% 7%
    ISTP 0% 0%
    ESTP 9% 0%
    ESTJ 12% 9%
    ISFJ 14% 10%
    ISFP 22% 4%
    ESFP 21% 5%
    ESFJ 10% 8%
    INFJ 31% 0%
    INFP 11% 0%
    ENFP 7% 12%
    ENFJ 10% 13%
    INTJ 0% 11%
    INTP 33% 0%
    ENTP 11% 11%
    ENTJ 19% 0%

MBTI
    INTj

I don't get it.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTJ

It seems like women are dissatisfied with their men. Anyhow, this is really good news for an INTJ like me, but possibly not for male INTPs. I wonder about the reliability of the numbers though. Do you know how many were interviewed?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    It seems like women are dissatisfied with their men. Anyhow, this is really good news for an INTJ like me, but possibly not for male INTPs. I wonder about the reliability of the numbers though Do you know how many were interviewed?
    Grah, message eaten. Again. Alright, third time. Shorthand. (It's the triple dot in your post Splittet, if you could remove it :P )

Sucks to be an ISTP then. But FFM would say something similar - TSP, in that order, affect spousal happiness.

I question the numbers. I doubt that the average happiness is 5.63% for women and 13.13% for men. I still doubt it even if the chart is literally meaning happy spouse + unhappy spouse combination.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I don't get it.
    I'm missing something too.

My quick no calculation average has 10% of people satisfied? Was this done on couples of all types with equal representation of types. The numbers aren't meaning much to me. A link perhaps.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Chaselation View Post
    I'm missing something too.

My quick no calculation average has 10% of people satisfied? Was this done on couples of all types with equal representation of types. The numbers aren't meaning much to me. A link perhaps.
    I don't think it's people who are satisfied with their relationships in total.
    It's the percentage of people who are satisfied while their partner isn't. (I don't know why chimp put it in parentheses, it made it a bit confusing). Hence the title "Obliviousness Index".

Sorry, it took me a minute to realize what they meant to, until I read the blurb describing the study.

The first line with male ISTJs means 16% of ISTJs said they were satisfied with their relationship (while their partners weren't).

So if you were an ISTJ who wasn't satisfied, (whether you're partner was or wasn't), you would be part of the other 84%. Also if you were an ISTJ who was satisfied AND so was your partner - then you still be part of the other 84%. It doesn't mean that 7% of the women with ISTJ men are unhappy. Each column is independent, of the other, in terms of who they are in a relationship with.

Women are hard to please?

....Uhhh....

*cough*

Preposterous!

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    I don't think it's people who are satisfied with their relationships in total.
    It's the percentage of people who are satisfied while their partner isn't. (I don't know why chimp put it in parentheses, it made it a bit confusing). Hence the title "Obliviousness Index".
    I always sucked at grammar, cause I kind of skipped those years. I have this bad habit if interchanging, commas, semicolons, hyphens and parentheses to break up my sentences. I used to write in horrible run on sentences until college, until I decided to adopt this new strategy, of interlacing sentences with arbitrarily with one of those devices (so I wouldn't keep using the same device repeatedly and hope no one notices).

Quote Originally Posted by sundowning View Post
    Women are hard to please?

....Uhhh....

*cough*

Preposterous!
    not sure what you're referring too.