• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] How is Fe a feeling function for the Fe user?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Don't take this as an attack, but more as a question coming from an outsider, genuine in getting this extroverted feeling function figured out. I can clearly understand Fe as a device for getting things done, similar to Te, but through a different mode.

But when it comes to understanding it as a feeling function for the user, what does that mean? All I can make of it at this point, is that Fe users feel this internal anxiety and just general discomfort when their external environment isn't emotionally harmonious or ideal to them. I totally understand that, I personally tend to just remove myself from the situation versus actively fixing it. And while I know everyone has inner feelings, duh, we're not robots here, I'm still having a hard time connecting Fe to the sort of internal feelings one feels with Fi. It can't just be an Fi user's domain, to feel feelings like that right??

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Fe is extensive and Fi is intensive. Fe is shallow water - and water is life. Fi is deep and still water. Fe is distributing feeling accross many - so there is no consentration. Fi consentrates about few - and can pull back like you said if the enviorement is too heavy unless it is someone loved.

á´…eparted

passages
Fe is extensive and Fi is intensive. Fe is shallow water - and water is life. Fi is deep and still water. Fe is distributing feeling accross many - so there is no consentration. Fi consentrates about few - and can pull back like you said if the enviorement is too heavy unless it is someone loved.

I will post more later as I wont have time until this evening, but I do want to point out that this is not an accurate reflection of either Fe or Fi. The idea that Fe is shallow is and old tired stereotype.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I will post more later as I wont have time until this evening, but I do want to point out that this is not an accurate reflection of either Fe or Fi. The idea that Fe is shallow is and old tired stereotype.

Thanks in advance, Hard! I greatly appreciate your input :)

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION] Shallow and extensive (same thing) doesn't mean shallow is bad, it is just how people use it, but it is not bad.

Extroverted Feeling covers many, unlike Fi, Fi covers few intensively like a well which brings fresh water but doesn't cover many of course. Fe doesn't bring equally pure water (still good enough) but quenches the thirst of many. Therefore NFJ are teacher and mentor (many) and directive (in charge) but NFP are advocates and informative (gathers info with Ne and provides input).

Peace

Is this not correct?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I don't care about you.

I care about an idea of you that can be functionally useful to a larger picture of society and you have to be brought within that idea in order to fit the framework.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fe is a neutral, extraverted, INPUT function (as I understand it). When functioning as an INPUT function, it's like a sponge. It merely absorbs without judgment. It could be described as ethical sensitivity (feeling the pain of others, the joy of others, etc.). It may also be called "compassion" (i.e. feeling-with).

Fe is also a decidedly non-neutral, extraverted, OUTPUT function. In this sense, it encompasses the ability of a person (through speech, facial expression, mimicry, gestures, tone, and every other available human faculty) to affect others ... generally by "pushing their emotional/ethical buttons" to achieve the decidedly subjective aims of the person who's deploying Fe as a means of changing the world (even if that change is something as trivial as just changing the "mood" of one person, i.e. cheering them up). Needless to say, Fe (when well and subtly deployed) can do a lot more than that, on occasion, and may affect a great number of people, but that's how it works as an extraverted OUTPUT function as I understand it.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't care about you.

I care about an idea of you that can be functionally useful to a larger picture of society and you have to be brought within that idea in order to fit the framework.

I don't relate to that AT ALL. I will most definitely consider individuality in how it factors into the collective. And if I find the collective to be irrelevant, I will tend to be subversive. Fe is not the obnoxious hive mind that you seem so gloriously above. I would say it's a fairly neutral function and more about the user. If the Fe user is too stupid to succumb to societal pressure and can't think for him/herself, I would personally keep my distance from the person.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
[MENTION=26269]Kheledon[/MENTION]

Look at this table: mhttp://i1.wp.com/typeindepth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Type-Table-650x.jpg

NFJ or XNFJ got output IMO and can push the bottons of others, like you said.
SFJ got, input.

I failed above in that i mentioned only NF.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Fe is a neutral, extraverted, INPUT function (as I understand it). When functioning as an INPUT function, it's like a sponge. It merely absorbs without judgment. It could be described as ethical sensitivity (feeling the pain of others, the joy of others, etc.). It may also be called "compassion" (i.e. feeling-with).

Fe is also a decidedly non-neutral, extraverted, OUTPUT function. In this sense, it encompasses the ability of a person (through speech, facial expression, mimicry, gestures, tone, and every other available human faculty) to affect others ... generally by "pushing their emotional/ethical buttons" to achieve the decidedly subjective aims of the person who's deploying Fe as a means of changing the world (even if that change is something as trivial as just changing the "mood" of one person, i.e. cheering them up). Needless to say, Fe (when well and subtly deployed) can do a lot more than that, on occasion, and may affect a great number of people, but that's how it works as an extraverted OUTPUT function as I understand it.

Wow, this is a fantastic explanation of Fe. For some reason, this explanation versus others I've seen, allowed me to grasp it much more readily. I'm still very curious as to the feeling aspect though, like how would an Fe user describe their own feelings? Or, are their feelings an amalgamation of the emotions they picked up from others, which then leads them to act on that gained ball of emotion? Like oh, this jumble feels off, I'm going to do something external about it. Or, do Fe users know exactly what it is they feel internally?

But serious, thanks again for your post. I feel I am a few steps closer to ACTUALLY understanding Fe through and through :D

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I don't relate to that AT ALL. I will most definitely consider individuality in how it factors into the collective. And if I find the collective to be irrelevant, I will tend to be subversive. Fe is not the obnoxious hive mind that you seem so gloriously above. I would say it's a fairly neutral function and more about the user. If the Fe user is too stupid to succumb to societal pressure and can't think for him/herself, I would personally keep my distance from the person.

Well, I wouldn't normally put it so bluntly, but internet n' stuff.

Outcomes vary, but it's less hive mind more extensive response to localised social collectives. It's not so much about blindly adhering to a group and I'm not sure how you got that from my comment. A larger picture of society does not claim WHICH form of society or even an existing one.

Only A society.

In my case it would be the society I would like to see. All the other 'feel good' type emotive stuff is just the glaze disguising what the cake really is. And this is often semi-conscious too, not an aimed goal in the same way as say....a Te-plan for a specific outcome.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, this is a fantastic explanation of Fe. For some reason, this explanation versus others I've seen, allowed me to grasp it much more readily. I'm still very curious as to the feeling aspect though, like how would an Fe user describe their own feelings? Or, are their feelings an amalgamation of the emotions they picked up from others, which then leads them to act on that gained ball of emotion? Like oh, this jumble feels off, I'm going to do something external about it. Or, do Fe users know exactly what it is they feel internally?

But serious, thanks again for your post. I feel I am a few steps closer to ACTUALLY understanding Fe through and through :D

*takes bait*

:D Hi.

I don't really know nor think about my feelings. My feelings change depending on my surroundings, circumstances, and the people I love the most. I am chameleon-like. I don't do Fi very well at all (that I know of).

Your feelings are what matter. Or God's feelings. Then everything else is action: feeling in action.

That is why feelings without action can be very frustrating for me I suppose.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

My pleasure. I am a natural performer, and I adore the applause. Thank you.

:encore: LOL.

Edited to add: My feelings are little more than the feelings I pick up from others (or loneliness, the feeling I get when I can not pick up the feelings of others). I love the internet. As an extravert, I hate being alone (It is difficult for an extravert to ever feel comfortable alone and "in its own skin," so to speak, but I am working on that ... just not today.)

:rofl1:

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I wouldn't normally put it so bluntly, but internet n' stuff.

Outcomes vary, but it's less hive mind more extensive response to localised social collectives. It's not so much about blindly adhering to a group and I'm not sure how you got that from my comment. A larger picture of society does not claim WHICH form of society or even an existing one.

Only A society.

In my case it would be the society I would like to see. All the other 'feel good' type emotive stuff is just the glaze disguising what the cake really is. And this is often semi-conscious too, not an aimed goal in the same way as say....a Te-plan for a specific outcome.

Ah. My apologies. The "I don't care about you" segment sort of hit a nerve. I think Fe users do care about the individual but they factor in group values much more heavily to figure out the *best* course of action.

*this word is somewhat subjective.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
*takes bait*

:D Hi.

I don't really know nor think about my feelings. My feelings change depending on my surroundings, circumstances, and the people I love the most. I am chameleon-like. I don't do Fi very well at all (that I know of).

Your feelings are what matter. Or God's feelings. Then everything else is action: feeling in action.

That is why feelings without action can be very frustrating for me I suppose.

:D Haha! I and [MENTION=25403]ZombieNinjaPirate[/MENTION] are Lucifer! :ninja:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah. My apologies. The "I don't care about you" segment sort of hit a nerve. I think Fe users do care about the individual but they factor in group values much more heavily to figure out the *best* course of action.

Group values mean nada to me, really. I only care about an individual(s).

:D Haha! I and [MENTION=25403]ZombieNinjaPirate[/MENTION] are Lucifer! :ninja:

Okay.

What does that mean?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Yeah I guess my "I dont care about you" was a misstep. I'm pretty awkward socially but tend not to have close relationships with individuals, so that's probably just my projection.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Group values mean nada to me, really. I only care about an individual(s).

Okay.

What does that mean?
You are NFJ ( [MENTION=26269]Kheledon[/MENTION]) i think, and not SFJ. Therefore you value individuals and not groups.

Look at Zombies signature and you know he is a devil. You tell me what I am.