• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne - post your dominant, auxiliary, tertiary, and inferior experience with it.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
So this question is aimed at Ne users depending on where it falls in your stack. So obviously I want ENxP feedback for dominant, INxP feedback for aux , ESxJ for tert, and ISxJ for inferior.

Post why you think you use Ne and how it plays a role in your functional stacking. Examples are welcome.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am not dominant no, I like being the sub :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

Ah that typoscientology thing ok: my dom is me and Si I never use, Fe rarely and Ti dont even know what Ti means

The most troublesome about Ne prolly is the fact that you never know what happened yesterday. Seriously I dont remember. Could be the Jägermeister tho too, I'll ponder about that !

á´…eparted

passages
Ne? :butterflee:

That function drives me crazy! I have been good friends with multiple ENFP's in my life and I adore those people, but by and large I can't handle Ne's lack of need for focus. Do what you will but I usually keep a distance and the vast majority of Ne doms are repelling to me.

My best friend in high school was an ENFP 8w9, and a very good friend in college was an ENFP 6w7.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love it. It's fun! I used to even take "that was so random" as a compliment. Ne makes the mundane seem fresh and interesting. The world seems full of possibilities when I'm in a "Ne" frame of mind.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ne? :butterflee:

That function drives me crazy! I have been good friends with multiple ENFP's in my life and I adore those people, but by and large I can't handle Ne's lack of need for focus. Do what you will but I usually keep a distance and the vast majority of Ne doms are repelling to me.

My best friend in high school was an ENFP 8w9, and a very good friend in college was an ENFP 6w7.

I think this illustrates a clear difference between ENTPs and ENFPs. I'd say out of the two ENFPs seem a lot more flighty than us, at least to other people. Ne backed up with Fi makes ENFPs more dramatic and 'all up in your business' while Ne backed up Ti allows us to have a more detached analytical approach.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I love it. It's fun! I used to even take "that was so random" as a compliment. Ne makes the mundane seem fresh and interesting. The world seems full of possibilities when I'm in a "Ne" frame of mind.

Oh, totally relate. Also, I notice the relationship between my environment and what I'm doing, with how randomized and bizarro my thoughts get. It's almost like my brain needs to maintain a certain level of weird in my life to keep me mentally healthy haha, so the more boring the situation, the more my mind will compensate and start filling in the gaps. It works like this all the time, but more so when I'm doing mundane things.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Oh, totally relate. Also, I notice the relationship between my environment and what I'm doing, with how randomized and bizarro my thoughts get. It's almost like my brain needs to maintain a certain level of weird in my life to keep me mentally healthy haha, so the more boring the situation, the more my mind will compensate and start filling in the gaps. It works like this all the time, but more so when I'm doing mundane things.

And be told by an old man, its mandatory to keep it insane. If you dont you become really insane. :/ As in depressed

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Inferior Ne...

It helps with my philosophical side, and can come up with some wild things, but that's not really true Ne. It mostly just manifests in anxiety, constantly reading between the lines in negative situations, and freaking out about the future big time. Fairly pessimistic. :mellow:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Inferior Ne's a bitch.

Sometimes it is fun to play with though.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol don't try to find order in a thread where you ask for Ne. :coffee:

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Inferior Ne...

It helps with my philosophical side, and can come up with some wild things, but that's not really true Ne. It mostly just manifests in anxiety, constantly reading between the lines in negative situations, and freaking out about the future big time. Fairly pessimistic. :mellow:

Aww that sounds gross. I'd hate Ne with a passion if that's what it did for me. BAD Ne, BAD! :mad:

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My Ne is a complete mental trip on acid with a bit of crack thrown in for extra warp drive speed. A mental exercise that feels so present and so real to me, I can almost visualize my abstractions literally in front of me as I play with concepts. I feel it is because it is at the forefront of my consciousness, that allows me to adequately explain my thought process and ideas instantaneously as they happen, should anyone ever ask, while it's happening. In reality, it's a near impossibility because the process happens so quickly, only the user is fully aware of the connections being made. This is often why, to outsiders, Ne seems so chaotic and random, because by the time we tell you where we got our initial idea from, our minds are already onto the third, fourth, fifth iteration of that concept, and there is physically no way for us to explain our connections in that sort of speed. The thing with Ne though, is it absolutely requires something in the physical environment to spawn off other ideas. Give an Ne user a blank page or sit them in a white room wall with no visual adornments, and you'd be left with a flat-lining heart monitor. It's in these moments though, when my mind picks up the slack, and starts to fill in the blank pages with loopy, out of this world, imaginations and inventions completely irrelevant to reality. Add to this, a constant appetite for understanding and curiosity for the world around me.

Combine this with Fi as an auxiliary function, and you find yourself with the idealist ENFP stereotype awash with lust for the world around them. It's not a world we imagine for our personal enjoyment, it's a world we live in, through our eyes. (That's at least, the world in which I reside :D)

ENDER.jpg

Nevermind the character being what...INTJ? It's the visual that I relate so heavily to, when using Ne. This image was actually used in my Anonymous College :happy2:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My ISJ friends tend to just imagine the future is a hostile place, and worry about what might happen, so they obsessively plan/prepare. I would think those survivalist people, that are preparing for the imminent collapse of civilization stockpiling guns, building shelters, etc) are Si doms in the grip of their inferior.

In the case of ESJ, I think in its good form, it tends to make them feel hopeful that their plans will work out. In the case of my ESTJ uncle, I find it makes him like joking around, and he rather enjoys himself when he's joking (though he's not nearly as funny as he imagines). I think it can also make ESJ's sunnier in general. ESFJ-wise, think of Leslie Knope from Parks and Rec. Like a smiley-faced bulldozer. But even still, I don't imagine they put too much stock in the function.

My INTP friend REALLY needs his Ne. He's very narrow, but when he's using his Ne, I can't think of anyone wittier and more absurd. He can even be charming at times. It also helps him make a lot of connections in his studies.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any way you want, that's the way you Ne! Anything you want and Ne Ne Ne Ne. Aux Ne gives me the ability to notice connections between things and pun.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I view Ne as a way to to connect facts together. Sometimes this will change my perspective on something or help me create something new. But other times I will make leaps that are not accurate. Example: One day I heard my mom talking on the phone with my dad about a doctor's appointment, and I somehow jumped to the conclusion that my dad could have cancer and he was going to an appointment to find out for sure. Then I spent some worrying about how I was going to have to take care of the family (yeah I know it's selfish), and that he could die.

Later I realized that it was an eye doctor appointment for my mom. Idk how that happened...

I don't think my Ne is activated when I worry; my mind is too focused for that. The Ne makes a faulty, negative connection, and then I think I go back to Si to worry about it.

When I'm in Ne mode for a longer amount of time my mind shifts from idea to idea and I cannot focus on anything. This mode can be very good when planning a story, or coming up with ideas. But is sucks when I have homework or something else that I need to get done.

I like Ne better when it randomly pops up. One time in my screenwriting class we had to come up with three story ideas, and I only came up with two, and they weren't that great. I thought I was screwed. But when he asked me for the third one I said something about a girl who traveled back in time in order to help cure her sister. The time travel part came from me thinking about Miku, and she was from the future, and the disease part came from my overall fear of diseases. That idea ended up being the one I actually wrote about.

I don't like being forced to come up with ideas. They happen spontaneously, and then I'll organize them into some kind of artform (screenplay, song, drawing, ect) or practical thing. My mind isn't always buzzing with ideas, but I have no shortage. They come to me when they want to. I agree with the person who said that the inferior function is in service to the dominant because I think that's what's going on with me.

I hope that made sense.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
So one thing I noticed is that people that are not dominant Ne users tend to place a 'value' on their Ne function such as it being 'pessimistic' or a 'worry function.' Compare that to a dominant Ne like [MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION] or myself we don't 'judge' our Ne. It's not necessarily good or bad it just is. I believe because our Ne is unfettered and 'runs the show' so to speak. For aux and lower Ne users their dominant judging functions guide their Ne and this is probably the reason why value judgments are placed on Ne. :shrug:

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So one thing I noticed is that people that are not dominant Ne users tend to place a 'value' on their Ne function such as it being 'pessimistic' or a 'worry function.' Compare that to a dominant Ne like [MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION] or myself we don't 'judge' our Ne. It's not necessarily good or bad it just is. I believe because our Ne is unfettered and 'runs the show' so to speak. For aux and lower Ne users their dominant judging functions guide their Ne and this is probably the reason why value judgments are placed on Ne. :shrug:

That's an interesting observation Pirate. It's true that I don't place a judgment on Ne. There are times I wish I were more decisive on things, since Ne doms can literally see all sides of an issue in equal weight and aren't too quick to just toss out ideas, that's the aux judging function's role ;) I think that's one area some people gloss over, but can pose a very real dilemma for us Ne doms. Like, when I tell people "oh, I get it", or "oh, I see what you mean", that's not just me moving the conversation along or adding in a sort of "uh huh" or nod. I actually mean that I know where they're coming from and get why they came to the conclusions they did. This always leaves me sort of in the middle on many issues and ideas because I see the value in all perspectives. Thank you Fi! (without it I'd be completely lost) On the flip side, I also see the beauty and strengths of Ne too. So, overall, it's what I know, and all I know, so I really can't say I prefer it or not, since it's what I grew up knowing and understanding. I wonder if this can be applied across the board to all other functions and the people that use them as their dominant function. It wouldn't surprise me if that is the case.