• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Non-Ti people: How do you view Ti?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How do you understand or view the function? Is it utterly foreign to you, or do you have some understanding of it?

VagrantFarce

I kind of understand it as an inner barometer for consistency - you're good at being honest with yourself, and detecting the same thing in other people (or "things"). There's often references to "inner logic" when talking about something.

IxTPs strike me as very cool-headed, almost as if they don't have any real stake in anything - they find it easy to "understand" the inner logic of things, in a very live-and-let-live way. Obviously on the inside they may not experience it this way, but that's how they come across. Often very friendly in their own awkward, stilted way. Curious, do things their own way - can suffer from wanderlust. They tend to only become annoyed when someone comes off as inconsistent or controlling, or suggesting that they're not being "honest". I always think of Neo in The Matrix, or Jason Bourne.

ExTPs come off as "knowing" without being detached - they're very buddy-buddy, and know how to schmooze their way through things. They like doing things their own way and value being honest, but they know how to "play" people better than IxTPs - they're great at making it up as they go, but can have trouble pinning themselves down. Can be dishonest with other people if they don't catch themselves - "as long as I'm honest with myself...". I'm thinking of people like Saul Goodman, Bill Burr or Josh Brolin.

xxFJs, when they display the same kind of "cool-headedness" strike me as patronizing and unreceptive, in a kind of Office Space way. "Yeeaahh, if you could just get me those TPS reports, that'd be greeeaat..."

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ETPs: I don't mind my goddamn business.

ITPs: I have no personality.

IFJs: I have no personaliTi.

EFJs: I don't mind my goddamn business and I have no personaliTi.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I...I actually really like and enjoy Ti people. :shrug:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ETPs: I don't mind my goddamn business.

ITPs: I have no personality.

IFJs: I have no personaliTi.

EFJs: I don't mind my goddamn business and I have no personaliTi.

Yep this is my song:
[video=youtube;N9XKLqGqwLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?fv=N9XKLqGqwLA[/video]

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Can't say that I've met a strong Ti user in person before. Or, at least I was unaware at the time. But there is just a natural flow when I talk with Te users. There seems to be this nice consistency with their thoughts. I have a scattered, chaotic and cluttered mind, so chatting with an ENTJ for example, puts me at ease and helps to bring sense to my world. I have more of an ambivalence towards strong Fe types though if we're comparing functional preferences. Ti is just sort of neutral for me. Most likely from my lack of personal experience.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
More, give me more.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ti doms can be interesting and I don't dislike them as people, but to be honest I don't like Ti as a singular function. TPs are always trying to define things, and find logical inconsistencies in a very impersonal way, without caring on the results at all which I cannot understand. The function is foreign to me, just like Fe is.

KitchenFly

How do you understand or view the function? Is it utterly foreign to you, or do you have some understanding of it?

I view it many ways mostly it's not foreign to me but I can find being hole focused in a respective state taking in receptively the cognitive relay of Ti can be mind blowing when the informative communicated is lazed in a precise manner with an intent to inform.

It I was to sum up the proactive side of Ti with one word, that word would be, thoughtful.

In a strange kinda way Ti reminds me at an instinctive level of a resonance between gut and hart that strikes it's refinance pitch at Point:6 for the SP instinct types via a relay between direct cognition and mass (Points 9 and 3) as points two and one ripple in two directions as a synergy and strike points three and nine sounding Point:6 Ti and Te are sounded as instinctual notes via a complex synergy two sets of three (2&1 to reach 6 and 3&9 to reach 6). The Gut and the Hart and the overdeveloped catalyst overcompensated being the The Head centre sounded as a chief Note from Points 1&2.

An interesting thing is that the Sp/Sx and the Sp/So both reach from their triangles to Points 5 and 7 the two Points eat her side of Point Six the hole point of the second Shock. The personal triangle (-1-4-7-) and the team work triangle (-2-5-:cool:.

One hole:1 + 1/2 (Point:9) +1/2 (Point:3) Plus a wharf of one hole Point:6, the sounded Note.

One hole:2 + 1/2 (Point:3) +1/2 (Point:9) Plus a wharf of one hole Point:6, the sounded Note.

1 + 1 + 1/2 + 1/2 + 1/2 + 1/2 Plus 1/2 of and the other 1/2 of one hole being the catalyst Point:6 equals, "FIVE".

Repeat this for SX & SO and the number becomes FIFTEEN, three short of the number eighteen and four short of the number nineteen.

Nineteen Boundaries Of Creation comes to mind.

We started with four points, Point:9, Point:1, Point:2. Point:3.

5+15+19= 39

Three tens (the law of ten and the three Points of the Primary inner triangle, nine units (nine Point of the Enneagram).

Why would this repeat its self three times?

The thought that comes to mind relates to the Atom:
- the strong force.
- the week force.
- the electromagnetic force.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A appreciate points of view from well oriented Ti-ers. They tend to rely on conclusions that are surprising, direct and concise. At its worst, it annoys the shit out of me. There's nothing more more annoying to my Ne than asserting a Ti conclusion that has no reasonable place in the world, solutions that don't take into account anything else outside of a misguided internal logic or that is un self-aware of even the user's non Ti needs and tendencies, like how much Fe actually plays a role in their basis of reasoning.

á´…eparted

passages
In general, Ti annoys me when it's nitpicky over shit that don't matter :dry:. It can also bore me to tears if it goes on and on about stuff that isn't interesting. It's kind of the opposite for how many Ti-doms loathe small talk. I loathe technical discussions that just aren't interesting, in particular if there is no feeling behind it.

When Ti is tempered with human understand though it can be quite nice. Still annoying, but annoying in a good way cause it will point out where I am going wrong (which I HATE, but it's good for me).

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
A appreciate points of view from well oriented Ti-ers. They tend to rely on conclusions that are surprising, direct and concise. At its worst, it annoys the shit out of me. There's nothing more more annoying to my Ne than asserting a Ti conclusion that has no reasonable place in the world, solutions that don't take into account anything else outside of a misguided internal logic or that is un self-aware of even the user's non Ti needs and tendencies, like how much Fe actually plays a role in their basis of reasoning.

Actually, come to think about it, this is what can really annoy me too, well, more like leave me absolutely dumbfounded, about some Ti thoughts. There is definitely an NF lala land that I will readily admit to, but there is also a particular "lala" land that Ti can reside in, and at times, I just think to myself, where is this person coming from?! At least with Te, it bases it's understanding on universal logic so I can easily follow their mode of thinking. Te, is what I feel, actually helps to keep my Ne/Fi grounded to reality. If only I allow it to more often than I presently do :doh:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'd expect they'd get a feeling of awe, perhaps admiration and lust?

:coffee:
makes sense to me

KitchenFly

I have just started a new job and I am going through the training process and before I he'd of to the work place I have been reflecting on the work environment and the compony couture and it struck me that it maybe a Ti compony couture.

There is a shell like quality to it like a stage set that is shinny new but practical and utilitarian though and through and the religion seems to be procedure procedure compony values.

There is a kitchen at the centre of the gathering area it looks good all the toys are there BUT we're is the coffee tea milk sugar,.

Yep my new job as a baggage handler at the air port is most likely run as a Ti work model work environment.

This should be interesting especially now I have some understanding of this.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i don't think about it much. how about you?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Can somebody please explain to me what Ti is, very slowly, very simply, like you would talk to a child, using examples? I feel so stupid, but I've read everywhere for stuff on Ti and I still don't understand it. Real-life examples would be great. :shrug:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In general, Ti annoys me when it's nitpicky over shit that don't matter :dry:. It can also bore me to tears if it goes on and on about stuff that isn't interesting. It's kind of the opposite for how many Ti-doms loathe small talk. I loathe technical discussions that just aren't interesting, in particular if there is no feeling behind it.

When Ti is tempered with human understand though it can be quite nice. Still annoying, but annoying in a good way cause it will point out where I am going wrong (which I HATE, but it's good for me).

This is my experience as well. They (strong users of Ti) tend to be concise and rational, but it just goes wrong when they apply it to matters of the heart. They cherry pick something that doesn't make sense to them, and then try to argue why it's not rational.

Because it's not. Head and heart are two different things; each have their own place and application.

I also am not a fan of wrongly applied Ti in philosophy -- the subject itself is so abstract and then when you apply to it, it just goes in an endless circular logic over *nothing*, defining something that has already been defined and completely defeating the purpose of being *concise*.

Like what Hard said, Ti with human understanding is alright. Might be hard to get them to talk about something, but when you do find a topic that interests them (and you) they are one of the most knowledgeable and informed people you'll ever meet. They know the subject inside out, so if you try to argue with them they'll shoot you down with intricacies/subtleties (in terms of logic) that you miss. They are also useful when it comes to evaluating a problem in spite of rules and evidence, as they are not bound to it.

All in all, they are nice to work with, but I wouldn't want to get personally involved with them unless I'm 100% sure we share worldviews and philosophies.