• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

J and Ps are you good at sticking to a day planner?

Arr you good at it?

• I am a P and i am good at it

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I am a P and i suck at it

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I am a j and i am good at it

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • I am a j and i suck at it

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ExxP here. I should be terrible at it. I am remarkably good at it. My efficiency levela reduce on doing certain tasks over the others of course. But sticling to it i can, for months and months.

Week ends i take a break. Lest i will burn out

I am NOT an ambitious diude. Dont want to be a ceo at the age of 50-45 etc. But though ambitious i am NOT, ambitions i have. And i want to live a prosperous life. So i started a day planner knowing that if i stick to for long ebough i'd be good at it. Do it for both work hours and for home hours.

It surprised me that i am good at it cus i am a EXXP. I would assume Js are better at this.

Could this be type related or a maturity/experience thing?

---------------

Edit -

When I said day planner I meant monotonously repeating the same actions day in and out till you get there/achieve something.

Perhaps the e9 in my tritype is influencing this.

----------------

Routine, can you stick to a routine, day in and day out?

Last edited:

baccheion

I tried it when I was younger, and not only could I not stick with it (I kept losing interest), it also felt like I was in a prison. I couldn't breathe, and it was as though my life was monotonous, rote, and meaningless. Having a general sense of what I'm trying to do works better for me. I don't need every second of my life planned out and spoken for. And I'd rather not have it be that way. I became better organized when I got the opportunity to sit, once, and thoroughly assess all I do in life, then set up systems that routinized all the crap I didn't enjoy doing. I planned things out once, then that took care of most things. Also, letting go of the notion I needed to be orderly, consistent, etc that I was continually bombarded with helped.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never had one. I also try to live my life so that I never require one - ie if I'd become so busy that I felt I needed one, I'd immediately take a step back and reassess what I'm doing and why. (also if I ever truly needed one I think I'd be so far down the unhealthy stress path that I doubt I'd ever even get that far)

The closest I'll come is if I have a lot of things I need to keep track of and need to get done, I'll sometimes make a list to relieve the stress of thinking I'll forget something / put it in writing so it's 'out there' for me to check off.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have never been able to keep a planner. I'd need a planner to remind me to check my planner.

I need an android assistant/secretary/butler.

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're expecting me, an ENTP who smokes weed, to be a good planner :rofl1:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're expecting me, an ENTP who smokes weed, to be a good planner ������������������

Your skillset only requires you to fashion smoking devices in a pinch with little materials available.

I turned a coke bottle into a bong once.

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your skillset only requires you to fashion smoking devices in a pinch with little materials available.

I turned a coke bottle into a bong once.

Bruh, I've been thinking of making a bong with three coke bottles. One bottle is in the middle, that one holds the weed. The two others are on the side and two people blow from each side. But I guess too make it equally you'd have to take two coke bottles, divide them in the middle and take the parts where the cola should come out and put them together to make one. Then connect them with the two other cola bottles. If you get what I'm saying xD :rofl1:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bruh, I've been thinking of making a bong with three coke bottles. One bottle is in the middle, that one holds the weed. The two others are on the side and two people blow from each side. But I guess too make it equally you'd have to take two coke bottles, divide them in the middle and take the parts where the cola should come out and put them together to make one. Then connect them with the two other cola bottles. If you get what I'm saying xD :rofl1:

Now make a note of it in your dayplanner. :laugh:

Fate

[MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION]

Does the any list you make in Habitica count? If so, I think I'm pretty good at it.

Like you, I take breaks on weekends too. Unlike you, I am quite ambitious.

Also...
:notype:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I just started using one and I'm good at sticking to it because lists really motivate me. :blush:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I not things down sometimes on random pieces of paper. That's the best I got for a day planner.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ehh yeah I mean I keep things on my wall calendar like appointments and events and don't forget or overbook. I make to do lists for myself on days off when I have a bunch of things to get done, and usually it helps me accomplish most of them. And in my school job, I plan my day by time slots and run it. But in all of those, it's an isolated system (my whole life isn't in one big schedule) and I feel very comfortable modifying it within my own discretion. Most days I don't have a don't have a set plan.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
What is this 'day planner?'

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What is this 'day planner?'

hehe That's what I said.

When I was more busy, day planners were helpful. I needed them in college to keep tract of when my assignments were due. When I was working, I used them just because they were laying around the office. I'd usually start the day off with a list of tasks. I'd organize them by priority and usually start with the highest priority. Some of them were easier to do at certain parts of the day, so I'd scheduled them for certain times during the day. It was fun organizing a list of tasks. It was sort of like tetris, except with time.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Could this be type related or a maturity/experience thing?

It may be a maturity/experience thing. I've always used some sort of planner for long and short term things but now, it's a necessity. My ENFJ, on the other hand, sucks at day planners. Not for his job, that's fine, but everyday life stuff, kid and house stuff and so on. Because of that we share an electronic calendar/planner.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I've honestly never had the opportunity to use one. I used to plan my evenings in my agenda book, but always inadvertently extended the leisure time to the point where was little daylight to do anything else.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
hehe That's what I said.

When I was more busy, day planners were helpful. I needed them in college to keep tract of when my assignments were due. When I was working, I used them just because they were laying around the office. I'd usually start the day off with a list of tasks. I'd organize them by priority and usually start with the highest priority. Some of them were easier to do at certain parts of the day, so I'd scheduled them for certain times during the day. It was fun organizing a list of tasks. It was sort of like tetris, except with time.

I could convince myself to get all motivated by day planners. When I was younger I thought getting a day planner was cool ( yes we still had written ones) but then I could never stick with it. I'd start it for about 2 weeks but then it would just fall off. I'll casually forget or just be too lazy to enter a little change or detail modification. One problem with me is I hate codifying almost anything. If I make a list to get shit I need I usually just make a mental checklist. If I write it down then I think about the other stuff I may or may not have to write down. It's like, " well I just wrote this, should I write that too?, Nah ,I can remember without writing it. Well shit, if I could remember that then why can't I remember this too and then what's the point of writing any of this down anyway? What is something changes? Do I really want to redo or make chicken scratches on this? Ughh."