• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] What it means to be an extraverted feeling.

bradly00

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What is it like to be an Fe (extraverted feeling)? It means that you show great concern for others and that you care for others. It also means that you enjoy being of service to others. Extraverted feelers are always happy when others are happy. When they lose, they feel happy that others had the chance to compete and play fair.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi Bradly, nice to meet you! Hope you stay awhile. [MENTION=13646]Haven[/MENTION] is also an 2w3 ESFJ.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
What is it like to be an Fe (extraverted feeling)? It means that you show great concern for others and that you care for others. It also means that you enjoy being of service to others. Extraverted feelers are always happy when others are happy. When they lose, they feel happy that others had the chance to compete and play fair.

You may be describing an Fe dominant stereotype. I'm an Fe tertiary so I can give you this perspective to consider. I associate the 'F' function with 'values' as concerns people be it myself or others. My sense of morality is Ti-Fe based so any moral proposition rests on a set of axiomatic principles that should be internally consistent but ethics are largely utilitarian with me ( which would be more in the Fe sphere I think). Fe prompts me to take action to relate to other people. I like external feedback (i.e. from others) about any interesting idea that might be swirling around in my brain.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To explain in the simplest way, Fe is about expression of feeling - not altruism.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My Fe doesn't work properly. Or well maybe it does and I'm just too Si-heavy

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
My Fe doesn't work properly. Or well maybe it does and I'm just too Si-heavy

I think you have better Fe than you give yourself credit for. :hug:

Sometimes I wonder if social justice is linked to Fe (people always say it's an NFP thing, but I don't necessarily see that). Fe can be a warrior, a crusader for good. :)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think you have better Fe than you give yourself credit for. :hug:

Sometimes I wonder if social justice is linked to Fe (people always say it's an NFP thing, but I don't necessarily see that). Fe can be a warrior, a crusader for good. :)

When compared with typical INTJness you are pretty obvious Fe user.

Put me next to my ISTJ friends and it's pretty obvious that I'm a feeler. It just is strange to me that I hardly ever relate to others when they describe their use of Fe, even other IxFJs.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Put me next to my ISTJ friends and it's pretty obvious that I'm a feeler. It just is strange to me that I hardly ever relate to others when they describe their use of Fe, even other IxFJs.
For some reason, you really do remind me of most of the IXFJs I know personally. None of them are ever in your face to help but they tend to try to be helpful/useful at an arm's length in the background.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Ooo no, I can't agree with that, at least not where my ENFJ is concerned, he's quite competitive and doesn't like losing. Yes they care for others, want harmony, some like service, I don't believe that's universal for Fe users. I think ennegram plays a big role here too. A e2 Fe isn't going to look like a e9 Fe.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ooo no, I can't agree with that, at least not where my ENFJ is concerned, he's quite competitive and doesn't like losing. Yes they care for others, want harmony, some like service, I don't believe that's universal for Fe users. I think ennegram plays a big role here too. A e2 Fe isn't going to look like a e9 Fe.

I am very competitive and hate losing, but I enjoy competition most for the interaction and enjoyment, more than just a win.

Though learning to accept the defeats was really hard.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i see more 2 than fe in op. admittedly, my fe isn't very high quality for an isfj.