• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] Sexy People! - Describe Ne as you Experience It!

Starry

I am so embarrassed that I forgot to create this thread!

Edit: And I somehow managed to create this in the NF section instead of MBTI/JC function area.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I remember you telling me a while ago that as I get older it'll get harder for me to "hide the crazy" (presumably with 2 and 8) from others, and I also remember telling you a while ago that I'm starting to feel constantly inspired and excited about working towards the future...I feel like those two instances are related

- - - Updated - - -

(will come back with a real reply eventually)

Starry

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

I started this thread by presenting an entirely staged example of what someone's experience of Ne might be like by "accidentally" posting this in the NF section. But now that I've made that point would you please move this to MBTI/JC?

And share your experience of Ne?

Thank you so much.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find that I only want to interact with the external world when it can provide me with new information, perspectives, and possibilities.
Socially, if people were to want to simply sit around and talk casually, I would have no interest - I prefer introspecting if external interaction is not of particular interest. In order for me to want to get engaged with people, either the topic has to be particularly mentally stimulating to me, or we need to be working on some sort of activity, game, goal, etc. If there is nothing to search for - no patterns, concepts, etc. - I don't see purpose in pursuing it.
Because I only really rely consciously on Ne for external action, this causes me to be in my own head most of the time. If there isn't new information to take in and create ideas from, I may just as well be asleep.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

I started this thread by presenting an entirely staged example of what someone's experience of Ne might be like by "accidentally" posting this in the NF section. But now that I've made that point would you please move this to MBTI/JC?

And share your experience of Ne?

Thank you so much.
EDIT: Misread this the first time. Moved it for you.

Anyway. I experience my tertiary Ne almost entirely 1) as a necessary subsidiary to Si and 2) as a way to "let loose" a little bit.

Re: 1) During my problem-solving process, in the event that there's little to no precedent for what I need to do, I rely on Ne to find me an approximation of that precedent -- something that can serve a similar purpose. I'm pretty much the definition of creativity coming from scarcity, as most of my Ne improvising happens when I'm out of other options and need to pull something out of the air, fast. While I'm presumably not nearly as creative as Ne-aux or Ne-dom folks, I can be creative in my own right, this way. I do this a lot when I DIY, when I write (which I haven't done in a while), and when I cook.

Re: 2) I find unexpected connections, and surprising shifts in perspective, to be both interesting and hilarious. My friend group consists almost entirely of Ne-users because we bond so much over that. Not to mention, I love that connection-making banter. Usually I can't keep up with the ENxPs, but I do my best.

I think there's more to my Ne-use than this, but I'm not sure at the moment. Will post again if I think of anything else.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would love to hear from all of you Nesayers. Haha that was pun.

Okay carry on sexy people.

~From an ugly person who is only beautiful on the inside.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh! Here's an example of the kind of humor I was talking about.

THAT kind of perspective shift. Plus the fact that I like fairly dark (maybe between semisweet and dark, but not extra dark) humor, which isn't type-related.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

THAT kind of perspective shift. Plus the fact that I like fairly dark (maybe between semisweet and dark, but not extra dark) humor, which isn't type-related.

..Maybe Ni? But whatever.

Yeah, I want dark chocolate right now but for me, of course.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
..Maybe Ni? But whatever.
:shrug: I like it. And my Ne friends like that sort of thing too. (Unless they're morally opposed to dark humor. Which few of them are.)

Yeah, I want dark chocolate right now but for me, of course.
Damn it, now I do too. :irked:

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me Ne is what makes me have a constant stream of multiple, semi-random thoughts running through my head all the time (sometimes I even scare myself, thinking that one day I could lose my marbles).

It allows me to connect between seemingly disparaging things and to be able to follow virtually any topic of conversation and not come across as stupid. I do this because I am able to translate any subject into a common language (my own, I guess) and I see similarities in the modus operandus of things, of the universe, outside of social norms or strict concepts. I work outside of status quo and try to observe what 'is' without restricted definitions or concepts.
This is totally an automatic process that I do not control. I wake up in the morning and my head starts running and giving me an overflow of images, which is inspiring and prompts me into searching for meaning and having a positive outlook on the world and my day.

A cool thing about Ne and this definition of a common language outside of the limitations of already pre-defined concepts is that I am pretty good with languages. Any sort of language, be it spoken language, programming, music or mathematics. I naturally see connections between things and use that, as a messenger. Also for this reason I am particularly interested in people, in communicating, in the diversity of cultures and human experiences. And I see myself as a messenger, a translater. I am fundamentally continuously curious about the world and all the possibilities it holds.

Naturally, a draw back is that I have difficulty making decisions, as I feel I am limiting myself, and so I tend to only make a choice after having explored all options. It has led me to change cities, appartments, relationships, jobs, many times. Seemingly paradoxically, but in reality not, it has also led me to keep myself in cities, appartments, relationships, jobs, long after I started being unhappy, since Ne always makes me think that there is a possibility for improvement of that I am not seeing all the different perspectives of a situation.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:shrug: I like it. And my Ne friends like that sort of thing too. (Unless they're morally opposed to dark humor. Which few of them are.)

Damn it, now I do too. :irked:

Maybe it's because I'm a 9, but I don't go for dark humor, I mean depends on the dark humor too. But I think it's an acquired taste, and fortunately you have friends who aren't opposed. I mean I am not, but I don't go searching for it either.

I really want the grapish chocolate flavor in my mouth right now.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm not sexy so i can not describe ne. i will later when i feel more sexy right now i feel very unsexy that's not ne btw.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For me it's seeing possibilities for change and trying to make the most of that potential. A lot of the time it's not even envisioning specific situations, but knowing that potential is there and being energized by it. It's kind of sad, but I thrive best and feel most fulfilled at the beginning new relationship because all the possibilities are firing off in my head and giving me energy. My relationship with this guy I've been talking to recently has been really fulfilling to me because I feel like there's always new information I can pull from him that gives me new ideas to wonder about. Exploring those possibilities and ideas is what stimulates me, or I guess what I just do.

Seemingly paradoxically, but in reality not, it has also led me to keep myself in cities, appartments, relationships, jobs, long after I started being unhappy, since Ne always makes me think that there is a possibility for improvement of that I am not seeing all the different perspectives of a situation.

Yeah, I've experienced exactly the same...which is funny because it makes me start to wonder stuff like if I'm Si because I keep sticking to the same places time and time again, but I really am holding out for something good to come out of them. Even with friendships I've had a bad habit of letting them stick out for too long when they ran their course long ago. Thankfully NYC is teaching me to be more selective haha

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IMO dom Ne presents itself very differently to secondary Ne (and tert Ne)..... secondary Ne is much more playful and aware of itself... it's harder to describe a function that is a natural state of being. I actually have to think about it because I am it rather than I am using it. I am inside rather than outside... less objective about it.

I suppose for me it's just the natural inclination to investigate and develop and connect and move forward idea's and look for the potential in others. Yes maybe potential recognition is part of it's root desire. Certainly understanding the essence of a thing.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I forget which video mentioned this on youtube, or...if it was just some article online, but how people feel about their dominate function is like a fish in water. They are so immersed in that function that for the most part, it remains hidden so to speak. It is just such a natural mode of processing and understanding, that you truly "breath" that function.

Ne feels like this for me. There are times when I'm actively and consciously using it to solve complex design tasks for architecture/graphic design, but for the most part, it's sort of just a way of being. If I had to attach it to a characteristic for me, I'd say it has to be my curiosity. Curiosity for new perspectives and new ideas. I never grow tired of learning new things. Particularly, talking to people and learning about their story and path in life. I could chat with someone for hours just talking about their journey, and I wouldn't grow bored of it. The thing is though, I personally kind of find this communication selfish, since I'm really just sitting there feeding my Ne. The person is sort of just this vessel of knowledge that I'm trying to tap into. Not like I kick people to the curb when I'm "done" with them, I do genuinely love people, but no conversation is truly boring to me, even just trivial, topical discussions, since the way people say something, the words they use, the tone in their voice, all feeds into my greater understanding of the human condition. I realize this may be a sort of Ne/Fi duo happening here and not strictly Ne, but alas, those two functions are what I know best.

And, it can seem Ne is simple word association or drawing lame connections, but it is SO much more than that. I hardly take things at face value, eh scratch that, never. When I receive any new information I am understanding it in it's most pure essence of relationship. The thing with Ne is, what I feel someone is actually doing when they're using word association, or, what I'm doing at least, is not just spitting out automatic responses, but in an instance so quick, I realize a connection, an underlying logic and existence of an idea, and immediately draw upon my own experiences and memories of other, parallel relationships between things. This is where I can sometimes bring together new concepts and ideas, because I'm understanding parallels in relationships between things all the time, that aren't readily apparent for those that only view objects, concepts, or ideas, at face value, or only see them confined to their specific use and application. I can "turn it off" in conversation and come off as completely normal if the situation calls for it, but I'm never actually able to turn this mode of thinking off, I just keep it to myself and shut up. This same approach often times permeates through my word choice. It can annoy some, but I tend to bend and flex words into new uses all the time. I'm not intentionally doing it to be a nuisance, but it's that same approach of seeing and understanding something for all its nuances and using it in new applications.

Honestly, I feel I could go on forever, but I must stop here for now. I feel though, that I can't quite give a pure Ne response to my understanding of it, since it's so freely intertwined with my other functions, but anyways, this is how I see it and understand it.

Hmm...maybe I'll post something in the Fi thread next. These function threads rock!

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Sometimes it's like an organic way of thinking, ideas bifurcate and go off in different directions and I'll pluck out certain branches. Has made me a terribly indecisive person in the past though, when I'm wallowing in possibilities as good as each other. I've discovered how to randomly select though.