User Tag List

First 789

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I actually think the frequency of MBTI is pretty similar across all nations (eg UK and USA study). Minus actual selective pressures, I doubt there would be a statistically significant difference between types frequency (aside from genetic drift).

What I think is actually happening:
    the same type appears different in different cultures.

Example:
    ESFJ soccer mom --> Fe is pretentious
    ESFJ urban male --> Fe is more hard ass and keeping up the male role

Example:
    jewish ISTJ --> Te/Si is keeping with the idea that "profession > non-profession"
    African American ISTJ --> Te/Si is keeping with whatever traditions are associated (might not necessarily be all about becoming a MD, Lawyer, accountant instead of a non-profession)

*non-profession = e.g. businessman or other job without a safety net of it being a licensed profession.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    That's just the abstract. Has the study been completed yet and do we know the results?
    If you'd like to know the findings of the study, you can purchase the article I had access to the whole article at one point, but no longer so I posted the abstract. Otherwise I would copy + paste.

FYI, the purpose of an abstract is to give a summary of the article so what you see in the abstract is the findings of the study.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I actually think the frequency of MBTI is pretty similar across all nations (eg UK and USA study). Minus actual selective pressures, I doubt there would be a statistically significant difference between types frequency (aside from genetic drift).

What I think is actually happening:
    the same type appears different in different cultures.
    Yeah, I agree.

I think the reason we think types are different cross-culturally is because they "look" different, but they are essentially the same.

Stansmith

African Americans - INTJ, ESTP, ISFP, ENFJ, ESFJ, ISTP, INFJ, ESTJ; some are athletic and lively (STP), some are artsy (ISFP, INFJ), and some are intellectual in a Ni-way (xNxJ).

White American men - ENTP, ESTP, ENFJ, INTP, INTJ, ISTP; Raunchy, nihilistic, social, love booze. Others are really nerdy and geeky.

White American Women - ENFP, ESFJ, INFJ, ESFP, ISFJ, ESTP; sensitive, some can be melodramatic, gossipy or snobby at times.

Asians - INFP, ENFP, ENTP, INTJ, ISTJ, INTP, INFJ; private, sometimes awkward, sometimes traditional.

Hispanics - ISTP, ENFJ, ESFP, ESTP, ESFJ, INFJ; Earthy and personable like Italians.

Brits - ENTJ, INTJ, ISTP, ISTJ; Dry wit.

Canadians - ESFJ, ISFJ, ENFJ; Nice and hospitable.

Jewish people - INTJ, ENTJ, ENTP, INTP, ENFP, ISFJ; funny, quirky, intellegent, business-like.

Italians - ESFP, ESFJ, ESTJ, ESTP; very earthy and personable.

Spaniards - ENTJ, INTJ, ISTJ; private, detached, efficient and military-like.

French people - INTJ, ENTP, INTP, INFJ, INFP, ISFP; Stereotypically intellectual and artistic.

New Englanders - ENTJ, ESTP; raunchy and prideful

Southerners - ESTJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ISTP; Man of the land, traditional.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Definitely missing ISTJ for African Americans. That's the #1 type.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I think black people tend to be ESTPs more often than any other race (you know, since they are all so cool and gangster)!

I as an epic non-ESTP will annihilate their naughty pacts and revolutionize the ghetto!

Enneagram
    9w8

Among Indigenous Americans I find a lot of intuitivism.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14