User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

i think T and F are evenly distributed when accounting every person rather than just the United States but what does that even mean? That some of the american women testing as F are lying?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    i think T and F are evenly distributed when accounting every person rather than just the United States but what does that even mean? That some of the american women testing as F are lying?
    Well it could suggest that the environment has a greater degree of control over the outcome of one's personality than biology.

Edit: Or at least its (the person's personality) manifestations.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    pretty much every estimate i've read put SJ's at around 50% of the total population. it is HUGE. it would be nice to see just how much these statistics differ.
    Thing is, the stats so far come mostly from business settings in Japan...
    edcoaching

I'd type Japan and the Japanese as mostly SF. Be realistic, practical and think of others. The cultural ideal seems to be SF at least.

i shoulda posted this earlier but o well. in NZ, our motto is pretty much "she'll be 'right". that's 'things will be ok' in english .sounds damn P to me.
    In NZ it's all about the lifestyle eh.

So what type is Godzone?

MBTI
    ESTJ

Japanese as SF? (Esfj, Isfj, Esfp, Isfp) Really? I don't know about the F part but I guess if i was going to stereotype what their culture values (and this is a big if) I would say ISJ.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

T and F are equally distributed everywhere, at least according to keirsey, and i believe it. now, socially Ts are more accepted when it comes to males, and Fs when it comes to females (<- super generalization ->). this is when you get F guys trying to be badass and manly and you get T girls trying to be...well more F for lack of better words. i know that there is a difference between I vs E and S vs. N (85% vs 15%).

EDIT:

and i still think japanese culture looks well upon SJ and NT. Work hard to be smart. The seem to have a thing for respect as well as wisdom/knowledge. Then again, I dont know much about the Japanese. Also SF notation is a tad vague. Like mentioned above: ESFP ESFJ ISFP ISFJ. There is a big difference between an SFP and a SFJ. That is why they make the temperaments.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I think Japanese culture as a whole is ISJ with a larger than average number of INJs. this is kinda ironic because most INFPs and ENFPs I know (including myself) totally connect with Japanese culture and many of it's values. maybe that's because despite being philosophically collectivistic (this tends to happen with ridiculously SJ-ish cultures), they have such a rich, creative culture and value really being in touch with who you really are.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Any country can give off a certain Type Persona, but as for most abundant type, it's most likely ISTJ- the most common of types..no matter what country.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTP

i definitely believe that a culture has a lot to do with your own MBTI type. i'm not saying that all japanese are ISTJ's or whatever, but different countries have different type spreads, and it is my belief that culture and one's upbringing more or less has something to do with one's type.

personally, growing up in hong kong, everyone was busy at work, finishing that report etc. therefore, i would not be surprised if there were more ISTJ's there than other countries. they have the task skills after all. according to ISTJ facts, they are also more common among african americans, for reasons i could only guess.

any attempts on what cultures have more of what types? if you don't wish to offend other cultures, it's fine to speak about your own.
    Mbtiwise, a culture is divided into three units.
    However, MBTI is about four units.
    Culturewise, a unit is missing.

America. They said it is a land of promise.
    Once upon a time my grandfather heard what they said.
    He sailed over.
    He did not make it. He returned to Europe.

Sometimes you have to eat a humble pie.
    Those who made it in America were the EJs.
    There were no other requirements.

The missing unit does not culture.