• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Race, Culture and MBTI

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually think the frequency of MBTI is pretty similar across all nations (eg UK and USA study). Minus actual selective pressures, I doubt there would be a statistically significant difference between types frequency (aside from genetic drift).

What I think is actually happening:
the same type appears different in different cultures.

Example:
ESFJ soccer mom --> Fe is pretentious
ESFJ urban male --> Fe is more hard ass and keeping up the male role

Example:
jewish ISTJ --> Te/Si is keeping with the idea that "profession > non-profession"
African American ISTJ --> Te/Si is keeping with whatever traditions are associated (might not necessarily be all about becoming a MD, Lawyer, accountant instead of a non-profession)

*non-profession = e.g. businessman or other job without a safety net of it being a licensed profession.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
That's just the abstract. Has the study been completed yet and do we know the results?

If you'd like to know the findings of the study, you can purchase the article I had access to the whole article at one point, but no longer so I posted the abstract. Otherwise I would copy + paste.

FYI, the purpose of an abstract is to give a summary of the article so what you see in the abstract is the findings of the study.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I actually think the frequency of MBTI is pretty similar across all nations (eg UK and USA study). Minus actual selective pressures, I doubt there would be a statistically significant difference between types frequency (aside from genetic drift).

What I think is actually happening:
the same type appears different in different cultures.

Yeah, I agree.

I think the reason we think types are different cross-culturally is because they "look" different, but they are essentially the same.

S

Stansmith

African Americans - INTJ, ESTP, ISFP, ENFJ, ESFJ, ISTP, INFJ, ESTJ; some are athletic and lively (STP), some are artsy (ISFP, INFJ), and some are intellectual in a Ni-way (xNxJ).

White American men - ENTP, ESTP, ENFJ, INTP, INTJ, ISTP; Raunchy, nihilistic, social, love booze. Others are really nerdy and geeky.

White American Women - ENFP, ESFJ, INFJ, ESFP, ISFJ, ESTP; sensitive, some can be melodramatic, gossipy or snobby at times.

Asians - INFP, ENFP, ENTP, INTJ, ISTJ, INTP, INFJ; private, sometimes awkward, sometimes traditional.

Hispanics - ISTP, ENFJ, ESFP, ESTP, ESFJ, INFJ; Earthy and personable like Italians.

Brits - ENTJ, INTJ, ISTP, ISTJ; Dry wit.

Canadians - ESFJ, ISFJ, ENFJ; Nice and hospitable.

Jewish people - INTJ, ENTJ, ENTP, INTP, ENFP, ISFJ; funny, quirky, intellegent, business-like.

Italians - ESFP, ESFJ, ESTJ, ESTP; very earthy and personable.

Spaniards - ENTJ, INTJ, ISTJ; private, detached, efficient and military-like.

French people - INTJ, ENTP, INTP, INFJ, INFP, ISFP; Stereotypically intellectual and artistic.

New Englanders - ENTJ, ESTP; raunchy and prideful

Southerners - ESTJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ISTP; Man of the land, traditional.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely missing ISTJ for African Americans. That's the #1 type.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think black people tend to be ESTPs more often than any other race (you know, since they are all so cool and gangster)!

I as an epic non-ESTP will annihilate their naughty pacts and revolutionize the ghetto! :D

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Among Indigenous Americans I find a lot of intuitivism.