User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by milti girl View Post
    I've made India sound so terrible. But this is everyday-India I talk of. Not how it used to be 2000 years ago. And you know what, it's not so difficult to live here once you're used to it! I looovvvve my country! It's ESFP-heaven. It's just one big party, people!
    Edit:
    Maybe it's ISFP. I can't be too sure.

I really enjoyed your post. I've always found India to be fascinating so it's interesting to read about the country from the point of view of an insider.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow View Post
    I really enjoyed your post. I've always found India to be fascinating so it's interesting to read about the country from the point of view of an insider.
    Aww...Thank you! We Indians like to define ourselves with cliches like, "unity in diversity" or "one country, many worlds" but these observations were made by the N people who worked towards Independence. Honestly, after writing that post, I realised that I was writing only about a section of India - the well-educated, IT-driven India of the big cities (the India I am aware of.) Which is a minority. A sad minority. The majority of my country's people live in tiny villages that often experience droughts or floods, with no electricity, and people there know that the only prospect of a decent standard of living for them is in the cities but can't leave their home-towns anyway. And that India is hard-working, and sustains itself through a blind belief in customs and faith and whatever god(s) they worship. I have a suspicion that part of India is more N than we would ever realise.
    I 78% N 62% F 62% P 67%
    [From http://www.humanmetrics.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to see the Indian sun?
    It's shining into my green eyes,
    Dappling my fur a patchy brown,
    Brightening up my spotty white.

Purr...

MBTI
    ENFJ

If I could look at the major sects of Judaism...

Orthodox: SJ
    Conservative: FJ
    Reform: NJ
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post

Personally I would have thought that countries where more hollistic approaches to problems/ situations were taken would be intuitive. I'm not too sure about what culture that describes. Perhaps Sweden?
    According to Brent Massey (Where in the world do I belong?), Sweden is the most sensing country of all he has looked into.. Living there, I can only agree. XSTJ I think. Sweden values following rules without questioning and talking about concrete matters. Standing out from a crowd is not ok and highly controlled by "Jantelagen". Though, they say Denmark is an intuitive culture (ENFP)

MBTI
    ENTP

According to the MBTI Manual INFJ was the predominant type found among Japanese American children in a classroom study. Not sure if that means that the INFJ type would be more common in Japan, but it's interesting.
    ENTP, professional MBTI coach, and author of a new series of personality type e-books available on Amazon.com.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mollyowens View Post
    According to the MBTI Manual INFJ was the predominant type found among Japanese American children in a classroom study. Not sure if that means that the INFJ type would be more common in Japan, but it's interesting.
    If they just studied one classroom, it is really not THAT accurate xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP

I don't think culture has *that* much of an influence. There are some cultures that seem to be conscious of the value of differences.

I tend to think that no matter where you are, ESTJ's are still the majority.

They are probably more adapted to survival or something. But there are indeed cultures that seem to understand the use of lil mutants like myself. There are probably cultures that foster less common functions (like the incredibly Ni world of the Australian aborigenals), but they tend to be small communities. The non-ESTJ type doesn't seem to work on a great scale.

Another thing that sometimes annoys me is when foreigners, usually Americans, go on and on about how XFXP we are here in Italy or France. Maybe. Maybe compared to the anglo-saxon world we are. But the favored model is still very much ESTJ. Maybe ESTP. But F? Not much success with it here either.

you can type cities or countries though, a bit. but it's more for fun. even though well any city has a certain deep essence that could be expressed in MBTI terms, but it's more the city itself than how the people would type.

I'm not sure if you non-NF's get that. I cannot explain it in logical terms.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

like i said before i think some cities/countries TEND to accept certain types more then others. the most normal and accepted type here in america is probably ESTJ (quite possibly XSFP also). of course, that can still differ because of race and culture within countries.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Leysing View Post
    Finnish men are ISTx.
    Finnish women are ESFJ.
    (At least those are the stereotypes.)

But, yes, well, I see lots of ISxJs here. They are everywhere. I could guess at least 1/4 of population, if not even 1/3.
    (Finns are supposed to work loyally and effectively and keep their mouths shut. It's an easy place for an introvert to live in. )
    Many introverts, many SJs. I'll agree with you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by mollyowens View Post
    I always thought of Japan as being very NT or SJ. Be smart and work hard lol. Then again, I know close to nothing about Japan.

EDIT:

somebody already mentioned it before but SJs make up a nice chunk of the population. I think ESTJs make up 13 percent. That might be wrong though.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1