User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Coming from a migrant Ayrab background to the united states, I see a clear generational gap in this culture. Most of the older people like my parents came from really poor situtations and later on became very successfull here in the states after college and then went on to raise children in the states.

Most of the older generation is dominantly SJ across the board, and these parents really spoiled their children creating a more S/nP generation.

My parents are ESTJ (dad) and IsFJ (mom) who had a large family of N type boys (don't ask me how, and a healthy mix of E/I, T/F and J/P)

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

austria is dominated by estp or j, my homecountry serbia is dominated by esfp with many very assertive charackters and P dominated
    I...74%
    N...66%
    F... 62%
    P... 72%
    Ti- Ne- Si- Fe
    Te- Ni-Fi- Se
    Ennegramm: 4w5
    Intrapersonal with Logical- Mathemathical I.
    Cassification: brunette East- baltid^^

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    The french national/historical identity is intuitive, but I don't know if the modern population reflects that.

Also I'd say that the history of man is dominated by intuitives and most nations are best known for the actions of their intuitive citizens.
    I'd doubt that France would be N. The culture is more based on adherance to tradition than even the UK and we're most definitely ISTJ.

I think in typing a country/ culture you have to look more at what they prize than what they do. For example, in the UK an engineer is prized as are doctors etc. However they are not prized for their problem solving but for their wealth of knowledge. Combine this with the UK fascination with general knowledge and esoteric knowledge you get a culture that would embrace anyone capable of holding large amounts of information and keeping it organised. ISTJs are well equipped for such things and their usual disregard for many social nicities is perhaps where the whole "eccentric" concept stems from.

Personally I would have thought that countries where more hollistic approaches to problems/ situations were taken would be intuitive. I'm not too sure about what culture that describes. Perhaps Sweden?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I think in typing a country/ culture you have to look more at what they prize than what they do. For example, in the UK an engineer is prized as are doctors etc. However they are not prized for their problem solving but for their wealth of knowledge. Combine this with the UK fascination with general knowledge and esoteric knowledge you get a culture that would embrace anyone capable of holding large amounts of information and keeping it organised. ISTJs are well equipped for such things and their usual disregard for many social nicities is perhaps where the whole "eccentric" concept stems from.

Personally I would have thought that countries where more hollistic approaches to problems/ situations were taken would be intuitive. I'm not too sure about what culture that describes. Perhaps Sweden?
    It's even more helpful to hear what the culture has to say about itself because from without the rituals that actually arise out of need for balance can look like what is honored...

But..an Intuitive culture? Type experts in India point to theirs, saying "We have a billion people, a million gods in our pantheon, and the goal of Hinduism is to go beyond what is seen." That last bit is the kicker toward N.

Koreans, for example, believe their culture is Thinking and that rituals such as their version of Thanksgiving evolved to ritualize community harmony. The French population as a whole is more Feeling yet the goddess of the Revolution is Reason and Rousseau (I think therefore I am) is their model philosopher--attempts to overlay Thinking on their decisions, according to several type users in France...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    ENFP

I always thought that Sensing would be a more successful trait for humans from a darwinion perspective. That is why I would guess that sensors dominate all cultures, even if intuitors might have more of an impact from a revolutionary perspective.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    I always thought that Sensing would be a more successful trait for humans from a darwinion perspective. That is why I would guess that sensors dominate all cultures, even if intuitors might have more of an impact from a revolutionary perspective.
    Interesting thought. Much of the research on indigenous cultures points to a majority of the individuals preferring sensing, while the stories and myths that bind them together are more intuitive. I've wondered if, while obviously time consuming, the cultures got the skills down so pat that their around-the-campfire (not to stereotype) time turned to Intuitive processing of the world they knew so well. Kinda like in a lot of type exercises, the Sensing types start out in grounded reality and facts but if it goes long enough they start using all that information to form hypotheses and hunches...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

in terms of evolution, one can argue that in our society today, you really do need bigger picture thinking in order to climb to the top of the ladder. if you believe in evolution, we're still evolving.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    It's even more helpful to hear what the culture has to say about itself because from without the rituals that actually arise out of need for balance can look like what is honored...
    Just to be contrary, your idea has made me realise my mistake. It's not what a country values that represents their type, that only represents what they wish to be. Perhaps it is in the flaws in a countries approach that the type is best displayed?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Sweden favours ESTJ's, if one should stick to keirseys behaviourism stuff. I definitely think ESTJ is more common here than in many other places, since I see them a lot. Not just the estimated 10%, more like 30%. I think it is because Swedes are generally encouraged to be practical people, it is also "wrong" to be introverted up here. Or to "daydream" or be unpractical in the typical intuitive fashion. Last but not all, Swedes are supposed to be orderly and scheduled. Very, very J.
    I suppose we have a lot in common with Germany.
    Really? I thought Swedes and other scandinavians were known for being a little introverted or shy, and goofy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Just to be contrary, your idea has made me realise my mistake. It's not what a country values that represents their type, that only represents what they wish to be. Perhaps it is in the flaws in a countries approach that the type is best displayed?
    Um, I think we're in agreement. My French contacts would say that DesCartes and Reason are smoke screens to counteract the true Feeling archetype...
    edcoaching