• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

X's in type make very little sense

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Ti analyse information... goes "that's rubbish"... Ne goes "what is?" ... Ti replies "nothing"....
What happen then?

(not sure about circles... producing too many of my own to sort that one out :eek: )
In my own experience:
Ti analyzes info, says: "that's neither here nor there so toss it, but let's follow this little Ti-string and see where it leads us." Then, in the course of following the string, Ti comes to find the info wasn't total rubbish after all because now it sees the connection.
Never happens to you?
Of course some tossed things stay tossed.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
In my own experience:
Ti analyzes info, says: "that's neither here nor there so toss it, but let's follow this little Ti-string and see where it leads us." Then, in the course of following the string, Ti comes to find the info wasn't total rubbish after all because now it sees the connection.
Never happens to you?
Err no not really. As soon as Ti junks it unless my intuition or other external sources suggest I should continue I move on. Too much to do to ponificate everything...

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
In my own experience:
Never happens to you?
My theory is that if you tell someone what their function order is, even if it's made up and ludicrous, they'll start to think "Oh, when I do this it's my Ne etc.etc.etc...".

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
My theory is that if you tell someone what their function order is, even if it's made up and ludicrous, they'll start to think "Oh, when I do this it's my Ne etc.etc.etc...".
That's be your Ti backed up by your Ne with some Ni haunting it all in the background.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see what Xander is getting at, it's also one of the reasons why I drop signs while doing formulas if I'm going too fast.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I see what Xander is getting at, it's also one of the reasons why I drop signs while doing formulas if I'm going too fast.

I write in my own shorthand lol. I do the same thing with math ^

Dom

MBTI Type
ENFP
heehee
I am at work . . . I have to skim read here. I think we're partly on the same page, sort of. The language is what threw me. People sometimes say "just throwing that out there", to mean they are "just suggesting/conveying a piece of information." Hence the confusion re my first response to you.
I still don't entirely agree that INTPs "don't even consider it" before discarding the info, since they have to Ti-consider and deem it irrelevant before discarding it. But once they have deemed it irrelevant, yup: out it goes.

I know this is a few pages back, but I think he used the phrase in both contexts. To mean share information in on eplace (Throwing it out there) and throwing it away/disregarding it (Toss it out)

Err no not really. As soon as Ti junks it unless my intuition or other external sources suggest I should continue I move on. Too much to do to ponificate everything...

Sometimes that external source has to shout.... ;) :D

Anyway you try living with information having to pass Ne first... it's like nothing is ever irrelevant... :S makes for a heavy work load...

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
In light of my learned friends thinking would it be more clear to suggest that EJs and IPs tag information with a relevance value AS they collect it and EPs and IJs do that after they've collected it?

Dom

MBTI Type
ENFP
In light of my learned friends thinking would it be more clear to suggest that EJs and IPs tag information with a relevance value AS they collect it and EPs and IJs do that after they've collected it?

Hmm...

Or is it that IPs and EJs collect information after tagging a relevance value?

Which is only a light alteration.. trying letting your Ne play wit it if the Ti asks how on earth can you tag relevance before collecting...

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Hmm...

Or is it that IPs and EJs collect information after tagging a relevance value?

Which is only a light alteration.. trying letting your Ne play wit it if the Ti asks how on earth can you tag relevance before collecting...
Pre-emptive questions are very presumptuous :steam:

Ne can add in information without the Ti tagging it but it's one of those processes that requires effort. That's possibly the best way of finding out what your preferences are, find that which comes naturally and without effort.

Dom

MBTI Type
ENFP
Pre-emptive questions are very presumptuous :steam:

Ne can add in information without the Ti tagging it but it's one of those processes that requires effort. That's possibly the best way of finding out what your preferences are, find that which comes naturally and without effort.

Dude, if it requires that much effort to use your Ne, as your secondary function, I need to come down there and help you practice.

I mean let your Ne play with the concept that IP's and EJ's somehow tag a sufficent level of relevance to a piece or information or concept before picking it up.

I think we all make presumptions all the tiem no matter how wrong that is. There are people here whoes opinion you respect more than others, based upon you contact with them. When they post do you not already expect what they say may be useful and worth reading?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Dude, if it requires that much effort to use your Ne, as your secondary function, I need to come down there and help you practice.

I mean let your Ne play with the concept that IP's and EJ's somehow tag a sufficent level of relevance to a piece or information or concept before picking it up.
It's not that which confuses, it's the whole thing of not picking it up at all to tag it which kinda produces on of those Escher moments of thinking.
I think we all make presumptions all the tiem no matter how wrong that is. There are people here whoes opinion you respect more than others, based upon you contact with them. When they post do you not already expect what they say may be useful and worth reading?
I suspect, yes. Prejudge?... not conciously.

Dom

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's not that which confuses, it's the whole thing of not picking it up at all to tag it which kinda produces on of those Escher moments of thinking.

Yeah that's why i suggested Ne rather than Ti to get the essenece of what I meant....

Ti isn't going to like them crazy stairs....

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Yeah that's why i suggested Ne rather than Ti to get the essenece of what I meant....

Ti isn't going to like them crazy stairs....
If picking up is 'to have contact with' then tagging must take place either during or after pick up... before would mean not knowing it's there (as even intuition is observation) but having a value preset.

Extrapolating this.. do you mean that via the predicive qualities of intuition you place a tag on things you've yet to come across but have predicted?

That'd make sense.

Dom

MBTI Type
ENFP
If picking up is 'to have contact with' then tagging must take place either during or after pick up... before would mean not knowing it's there (as even intuition is observation) but having a value preset.

Extrapolating this.. do you mean that via the predicive qualities of intuition you place a tag on things you've yet to come across but have predicted?

That'd make sense.

Well yes like when you know which piece of the jigsaw you want next but haven't found it yet, you've assigned it value (as it's the piece you next want!

But I also thought that the phrase "picking up" seemed to implied deliberate action rather than mere "contact with".