User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    I didn't even check the thread but ya. I mean everyone has to use the other functions. But you use the other functions in a very synthetic way. If you want, go on aim and aim me at ohyathatmike, i would be happy to explain it.
    Can't aim now. The point of the thread was to illustrate that people's function orders sometimes deviate from the prescribed function notation of their type.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Do people always fit into function notation's boxes?
    Check this thread, for example:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ight=cognitive
    Consider the listed function order for a particular type to be the "generic" textbook version of the type in question.

But even on this site, we see that not everyone has the same strength of the basic functions listed, and often people have at least 1-2 functions that throw off the order or seem anomalous.

I still have found it useful to start with the baseline, then view function strength and see how that shift in the baseline might have resulted and what probable impact it would have on behavior and motivation.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    An ENFx has both Ne and Fe? Ne affected by Fi and Fe affected by Ni? To be comfortable using Feeling and Intuition BOTH introverted and extroverted sounds like being a superhero to me. Are their functions more numerous albeit underdeveloped? What's the story?
    Hello. I'm an XXXX.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

This is all true. My view on functions is this. I'm an ENFP so "technically" speaking Ni is not in there. But of course we use every function in someway. This is contradicting in a way. My idea is that you use a mix between Ne and Fi or something to that effect to make a synthetic version of Ni. A better example of this with me is my lack of Fe. I'm generally uncomfortable with the "caregiver" role. I can pull it off with a little bit of Fi mixed with Ne, though. And yes, everyone is different, true. I look at it similar to you Jennifer. A lot of things can be explained through the enneagram. For example, I have three ENTJ's in my immediate life, a good friend, my girlfriend, and my father. All of them are completely different. This is a little hard to explain using MBTI, but when using the enneagram, they were all quite obviously different, though still ENTJ's. The enneagram is good at defining peoples motives vs. their actual personality.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Hello. I'm an XXXX.
    lol Sunshine FTW

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    ut when using the enneagram, they were all quite obviously different, though still ENTJ's. The enneagram is good at defining peoples motives vs. their actual personality.
    i would imagine that 7w8 ENFPs (myself) would be very different than 7w6 ENFPs.... (if they're even 7s at all...)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    the one that annoys me the most is INXP...how fricking hard is it to differentiate between:

"I'm an INFP who has the disillusion of being logical in my philosophies on life"
    "I'm an INTP who isnt completely meanly cynical"

INXP!? bah!
    Yeah, INTP and INFP are VERY different personalities.

However, growing up as a female INTP it becomes difficult to be socially accepted. In an attempt to connect with other people, I made conscious efforts to simulate Fe using my Ne function, I think.

So, while I do attempt (at times) to be compassionate and friendly, the description of an INFP is not me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    i would imagine that 7w8 ENFPs (myself) would be very different than 7w6 ENFPs.... (if they're even 7s at all...)
    ENFP's are funny because they fit into sooooo many enneagram types. Your a 7w8 im a 9w3. they fit into 2's. they literally fit into half of the enneagram types. An INTJ only seems to fit into 2 enneagram types. same with and INFJ. Its different for each type

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    intp

However, growing up as a female INTP it becomes difficult to be socially accepted. In an attempt to connect with other people, I made conscious efforts to simulate Fe using my Ne function, I think.

So, while I do attempt (at times) to be compassionate and friendly, the description of an INFP is not me.
    Yup. I have been classed an F by people who don't know me at all before. If your external circumstances cause you to confuse who you are and how you act, I can see using an X until you figure it out.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Yup. I have been classed an F by people who don't know me at all before. If your external circumstances cause you to confuse who you are and how you act, I can see using an X until you figure it out.
    ok ya i can agree with that, as long as its not in the P/J spot. I use X's almost constantly in the E/I spot. There isn't a significant difference between E and I unless you are one extreme or the other. in fact if im talking about someone else or a type in general ill say XNTJ for example

Mahatma Gandhi