User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    intp

Why are placeholders pointless?
    And how the hell is anybody bothered by other people using the X?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Why are placeholders pointless?
    And how the hell is anybody bothered by other people using the X?
    Having suggested the idea to my father he is more disappointed by the usage of Xs. A person is either E or I in his book and never perfectly in the middle.

I must admit to not really liking them. It seems to be an exercise in avoidance to me and I find that disconcerting. Is the person not happy with their type and hence defaces it or is it true confusion? Are they merely messing with the system? Is there a point to the X or is it just a placeholder? Why don't they just miss it out all together?

Personally I get the same kind of twinge when people insist on pronouncing h as "haitch" and not "aitch".... there again I also dislike toffee...
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    IxFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Having suggested the idea to my father he is more disappointed by the usage of Xs. A person is either E or I in his book and never perfectly in the middle.

I must admit to not really liking them. It seems to be an exercise in avoidance to me and I find that disconcerting. Is the person not happy with their type and hence defaces it or is it true confusion? Are they merely messing with the system? Is there a point to the X or is it just a placeholder? Why don't they just miss it out all together?

Personally I get the same kind of twinge when people insist on pronouncing h as "haitch" and not "aitch".... there again I also dislike toffee...
    I don't know about that :/ I think it's possible for some people to be in the middle.. it varies. some people are more introverted than others or more/less extroverted. They can enjoy being with people but also like to be alone sometimes.. When you take the test it even shows the percentages of how extroverted or introverted you are. I think personality can change and not set in stone. for example... I have a high introverted score but that's because I spend most of my time alone and not with others(since I have no friends of my own mostly) if I had good friends and enjoyed their company all the time, I probably would start to become more outgoing and extroverted and get more used to being around other people. My mom used to be really quiet and shy... but when she got older she became much more extroverted, loves socializing and enjoys everyone's company now. I know people are gonna start bashing on me now because I might not know what I'm talking about.. but XD I just don't really see how someone can be one personality type forever.. it will change as the person gets older and changes as well(certain traumatic crossroads or events can be big influences). People might think they have mistyped themselves before, but it could be because they have changed as well compared to before.
    "To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

place holders are pointless unless its I/E because if its in the J/P spot...well that messes everything up...for example

Im and ENFP (Ne, Fi, Te, Si)
    If i was and ENFJ (Fe, Ni, Se, Ti)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post

i agree but there doesn't seem to be too much of a difference between me and an INFP...the only difference is that Fi is their dominant vs my secondary

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    place holders are pointless unless its I/E because if its in the J/P spot...well that messes everything up...for example

Im and ENFP (Ne, Fi, Te, Si)
    If i was and ENFJ (Fe, Ni, Se, Ti)
    Do all ENFPs and ENFJs have that order?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

yes that is function notation

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

more examples:

ESTJ (Te, Si, Ne, Fi)
    ESTP (Se, Ti, Fe, Ni)

ENTJ (Te, Ni, Se, Fi)
    ENTP (Ne, Ti, Fe, Si)

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    yes that is function notation
    Do people always fit into function notation's boxes?
    Check this thread, for example:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ight=cognitive
    hoarding time and space

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I didn't even check the thread but ya. I mean everyone has to use the other functions. But you use the other functions in a very synthetic way. If you want, go on aim and aim me at ohyathatmike, i would be happy to explain it.