User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    In my case, it's because my best-fit type doesn't fit all that well. The closest thing I've come to is INFP, but I don't feel much kinship with other INFPs for the most part. And I'm the most T in my family-- which isn't saying much, but it skews my perspective. Basically I don't think I'm capable of objectivity so I reserve judgment.

Also I kind of like being an enigma, wrapped in a riddle, shrouded in mystery.
    Sweet, then you know how I feel! Or think? Heh.

Well, anyway, I guess I will just have to do more research to see what I am. Self-knoweldge is essential.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP

Kiersey couldn't use functional analysis because some types that have opposite cognitive processes are not opposite temperaments.

For instance: The opposite of the ENTJs' cognitive processes (Te Ni Se Fi) is ISFP (Fi Se Ni Te) but the opposite of it's temperament (abstract utilitarian) is not the ISFP temperament (concrete utilitarian), it's concrete cooperator.
    I don't wanna!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

^Keirsey decided to avoid the problem because temperament is observable while function use isn't, necessarily.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    ^Keirsey decided to avoid the problem because temperament is observable while function use isn't, necessarily.
    Are there any good online resources, or does one necessarily have to buy the book?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    IxFJ

I put myself as ISFJ/INFJ because I can relate to some descriptions of both of them(compared to all other types those two resemble me best)... although I do lean more towards N I think. However I don't relate to Everything that is in one or the other, it's like alittle of both... so why can't I put both of them in? o.O I don't really see why someone has to be completely one type and expect them to be everything it describes them to be. We are not clones o.o but w/e it's not a huge deal to me >.>. I like both! so hah!
    "To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Are there any good online resources, or does one necessarily have to buy the book?
    Online resources for what, specifically. Well there's no reason to ask, here's everything: Personality Test - Keirsey Temperament Website.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Animated furry avatar is pretty much shoe-in for NF, don't you think?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    xNFP

Online resources for what, specifically. Well there's no reason to ask, here's everything: Personality Test - Keirsey Temperament Website.
    Heh. Interesting - with that one, I relate more with the Teacher...and not just because I am a teacher - although that helps - but yeah...Interesting....Let's take the test and see.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't think they're that different. Temperament is just more holistic and harder to falsify because you're going from generals to particulars. Any outliers can be lumped into 'things that aren't MBTI'.
    I don't wanna!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

OK those are good things right?