User Tag List

First 2101112

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    In light of my learned friends thinking would it be more clear to suggest that EJs and IPs tag information with a relevance value AS they collect it and EPs and IJs do that after they've collected it?
    Hmm...

Or is it that IPs and EJs collect information after tagging a relevance value?

Which is only a light alteration.. trying letting your Ne play wit it if the Ti asks how on earth can you tag relevance before collecting...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Hmm...

Or is it that IPs and EJs collect information after tagging a relevance value?

Which is only a light alteration.. trying letting your Ne play wit it if the Ti asks how on earth can you tag relevance before collecting...
    Pre-emptive questions are very presumptuous :steam:

Ne can add in information without the Ti tagging it but it's one of those processes that requires effort. That's possibly the best way of finding out what your preferences are, find that which comes naturally and without effort.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFP

Pre-emptive questions are very presumptuous :steam:

Ne can add in information without the Ti tagging it but it's one of those processes that requires effort. That's possibly the best way of finding out what your preferences are, find that which comes naturally and without effort.
    Dude, if it requires that much effort to use your Ne, as your secondary function, I need to come down there and help you practice.

I mean let your Ne play with the concept that IP's and EJ's somehow tag a sufficent level of relevance to a piece or information or concept before picking it up.

I think we all make presumptions all the tiem no matter how wrong that is. There are people here whoes opinion you respect more than others, based upon you contact with them. When they post do you not already expect what they say may be useful and worth reading?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Dude, if it requires that much effort to use your Ne, as your secondary function, I need to come down there and help you practice.

I mean let your Ne play with the concept that IP's and EJ's somehow tag a sufficent level of relevance to a piece or information or concept before picking it up.
    It's not that which confuses, it's the whole thing of not picking it up at all to tag it which kinda produces on of those Escher moments of thinking.
    I think we all make presumptions all the tiem no matter how wrong that is. There are people here whoes opinion you respect more than others, based upon you contact with them. When they post do you not already expect what they say may be useful and worth reading?
    I suspect, yes. Prejudge?... not conciously.

MBTI
    ENFP

It's not that which confuses, it's the whole thing of not picking it up at all to tag it which kinda produces on of those Escher moments of thinking.
    Yeah that's why i suggested Ne rather than Ti to get the essenece of what I meant....

Ti isn't going to like them crazy stairs....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Yeah that's why i suggested Ne rather than Ti to get the essenece of what I meant....

Ti isn't going to like them crazy stairs....
    If picking up is 'to have contact with' then tagging must take place either during or after pick up... before would mean not knowing it's there (as even intuition is observation) but having a value preset.

Extrapolating this.. do you mean that via the predicive qualities of intuition you place a tag on things you've yet to come across but have predicted?

That'd make sense.

MBTI
    ENFP

If picking up is 'to have contact with' then tagging must take place either during or after pick up... before would mean not knowing it's there (as even intuition is observation) but having a value preset.

Extrapolating this.. do you mean that via the predicive qualities of intuition you place a tag on things you've yet to come across but have predicted?

That'd make sense.
    Well yes like when you know which piece of the jigsaw you want next but haven't found it yet, you've assigned it value (as it's the piece you next want!

But I also thought that the phrase "picking up" seemed to implied deliberate action rather than mere "contact with".