User Tag List

First 2101112

Results 111 to 117 of 117

  1. #111
    Senior Member Dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    In light of my learned friends thinking would it be more clear to suggest that EJs and IPs tag information with a relevance value AS they collect it and EPs and IJs do that after they've collected it?
    Hmm...

    Or is it that IPs and EJs collect information after tagging a relevance value?

    Which is only a light alteration.. trying letting your Ne play wit it if the Ti asks how on earth can you tag relevance before collecting...

  2. #112
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Hmm...

    Or is it that IPs and EJs collect information after tagging a relevance value?

    Which is only a light alteration.. trying letting your Ne play wit it if the Ti asks how on earth can you tag relevance before collecting...
    Pre-emptive questions are very presumptuous :steam:

    Ne can add in information without the Ti tagging it but it's one of those processes that requires effort. That's possibly the best way of finding out what your preferences are, find that which comes naturally and without effort.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  3. #113
    Senior Member Dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Pre-emptive questions are very presumptuous :steam:

    Ne can add in information without the Ti tagging it but it's one of those processes that requires effort. That's possibly the best way of finding out what your preferences are, find that which comes naturally and without effort.
    Dude, if it requires that much effort to use your Ne, as your secondary function, I need to come down there and help you practice.

    I mean let your Ne play with the concept that IP's and EJ's somehow tag a sufficent level of relevance to a piece or information or concept before picking it up.

    I think we all make presumptions all the tiem no matter how wrong that is. There are people here whoes opinion you respect more than others, based upon you contact with them. When they post do you not already expect what they say may be useful and worth reading?

  4. #114
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Dude, if it requires that much effort to use your Ne, as your secondary function, I need to come down there and help you practice.

    I mean let your Ne play with the concept that IP's and EJ's somehow tag a sufficent level of relevance to a piece or information or concept before picking it up.
    It's not that which confuses, it's the whole thing of not picking it up at all to tag it which kinda produces on of those Escher moments of thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    I think we all make presumptions all the tiem no matter how wrong that is. There are people here whoes opinion you respect more than others, based upon you contact with them. When they post do you not already expect what they say may be useful and worth reading?
    I suspect, yes. Prejudge?... not conciously.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  5. #115
    Senior Member Dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    It's not that which confuses, it's the whole thing of not picking it up at all to tag it which kinda produces on of those Escher moments of thinking.
    Yeah that's why i suggested Ne rather than Ti to get the essenece of what I meant....

    Ti isn't going to like them crazy stairs....

  6. #116
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Yeah that's why i suggested Ne rather than Ti to get the essenece of what I meant....

    Ti isn't going to like them crazy stairs....
    If picking up is 'to have contact with' then tagging must take place either during or after pick up... before would mean not knowing it's there (as even intuition is observation) but having a value preset.

    Extrapolating this.. do you mean that via the predicive qualities of intuition you place a tag on things you've yet to come across but have predicted?

    That'd make sense.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  7. #117
    Senior Member Dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    If picking up is 'to have contact with' then tagging must take place either during or after pick up... before would mean not knowing it's there (as even intuition is observation) but having a value preset.

    Extrapolating this.. do you mean that via the predicive qualities of intuition you place a tag on things you've yet to come across but have predicted?

    That'd make sense.
    Well yes like when you know which piece of the jigsaw you want next but haven't found it yet, you've assigned it value (as it's the piece you next want!

    But I also thought that the phrase "picking up" seemed to implied deliberate action rather than mere "contact with".

Similar Threads

  1. [Jung] Some Types Happier In Jobs, Make More Money Than Others
    By highlander in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-13-2015, 02:21 AM
  2. [NT] Defining Moments in the making of an NT.
    By ladypinkington in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 06:42 PM
  3. Help in typing few people
    By alcea rosea in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 10:38 PM
  4. Differences in type descriptions
    By Maverick in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 04:04 PM
  5. Gender Bias in Type Identification / Interrelating
    By ptgatsby in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 05:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO