First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Don't I think analysis before expression is more J v. P? Not solely, no. INTJ is more forward looking, yes. I agree that INTJs seem to have wandered through to a more conclusive report. But I think that's more a function of the INTP's Ne convincing the INTP "there's more info out there and I'll modify as I get it" rather than an "I didn't think about it, but let me tell you about it" sort of thing.

Exactly! How is it going to pass muster if they "don't even consider it" before they convey it to you? Some things never get off the ground because the INTP already poked holes in it before relaying it to you. It doesn't mean they are stuck with it if they put it out there or that they think that's the final say. In fact, they will continue to refine it even after they've thrown it out there. However, they don't refine by throwing it out there without thinking about it first. That is un-INTP . . . sounds more ENTPish.
    I think we're diverging here....

INTP judges before inclusion yeah?
    What happens to the stuff marked as wrong?

I've lost count of how much information I've forgotten because it was considered irrelevant. My ISTJ mate recalls it all.

I think that's the crux. IP and EJ remember only that which is proven as correct and forget the rest. Efficient no?

EP and IJ recall what is incorrect so they know not only where to go but also where not to go. Effective no?

Anyhow... for additional detail I've found that IJs and EPs are tops. Even the scatty ESFP I know will relay tons of irrelevancies just to add "flavour".
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    intp

Ah . . . by "throwing out info", you meant "disregarding it" and not "suggesting it". Idiomatic expressions FTL.
    Now your post makes more sense to me. Yes, INTPs can seem . . . telegraphic for all the info they dismiss as irrelevant/erroneous, rightly or wrongly.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Ah . . . by "throwing out info", you meant "disregarding it" and not "suggesting it". Idiomatic expressions FTL.
    Now your post makes more sense to me. Yes, INTPs can seem . . . telegraphic for all the info they dismiss as irrelevant/erroneous, rightly or wrongly.
    Still not sure we're on the same page here...

When you read through my post do you skip through those pieces you consider to be only written for illustration?

Almost as if you're skim reading and only really stopping to read what you consider to be the important parts?

If so, that's what I mean...

I think...

I'm all confused now....

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Still not sure we're on the same page here...

When you read through my post do you skip through those pieces you consider to be only written for illustration?

Almost as if you're skim reading and only really stopping to read what you consider to be the important parts?

If so, that's what I mean...

I think...

I'm all confused now....
    heehee
    I am at work . . . I have to skim read here. I think we're partly on the same page, sort of. The language is what threw me. People sometimes say "just throwing that out there", to mean they are "just suggesting/conveying a piece of information." Hence the confusion re my first response to you.
    I still don't entirely agree that INTPs "don't even consider it" before discarding the info, since they have to Ti-consider and deem it irrelevant before discarding it. But once they have deemed it irrelevant, yup: out it goes.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Speak to the ESTJ and you'll find lots of reasons why these details are relevant. Of course you'll probably disagree with the reasoning but that's not the point.

Now try the same with an ESTP. Sometimes they have no idea why it's relevant but it's important anyhow...

Most confusing in a relationship

I think that's common. I find lots of similarities with my ENTP friend (I don't have any INTPs to hand ).

I think the strength of the preferance does help. A stronger preferance leads to a clearer picture. I'm just not a great believer in people merrily wandering around the types claiming to be more than one. It irritates my definition of preferance. Either you're one or the other, as a whole.

Hell I'm an INTP and yet I can do ENTJ and ESFJ quite well... it doesn't make me an XXXX. I still prefer INTP.

Tanks
    I just think the difference between say...ISTJ and ESTJ is strength of functions.

That being said, ok I see what your saying now. I'm not completely open to it, but good idea I like the thought process.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

thats what threw me off, i get what your saying now

good call.

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

heehee
    I am at work . . . I have to skim read here. I think we're partly on the same page, sort of. The language is what threw me. People sometimes say "just throwing that out there", to mean they are "just suggesting/conveying a piece of information." Hence the confusion re my first response to you.
    I still don't entirely agree that INTPs "don't even consider it" before discarding the info, since they have to Ti-consider and deem it irrelevant before discarding it. But once they have deemed it irrelevant, yup: out it goes.
    Part of me thinks "we're on the same page... the details can be sorted out by more precise people" whilst the other side chases for absolute truth.

Oh and I'm also posting from work.. hence the half distracted thinking..

Anyhoo... If Ti analyses it before Ne absorbs it into the larger picture then what happens?

Totally lacking proper structure to my thinking today...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Part of me thinks "we're on the same page... the details can be sorted out by more precise people" whilst the other side chases for absolute truth.

Oh and I'm also posting from work.. hence the half distracted thinking..

Anyhoo... If Ti analyses it before Ne absorbs it into the larger picture then what happens?

Totally lacking proper structure to my thinking today...
    lol it's cool im totally lacking proper structure in my understanding...everyday

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    intp

Hmm . . . my guess is that, with linear thinking, the data sometimes get pulled back into the mix . . . albeit in a longer route than would have happened by Ne. Then again, is this longer more linear route therefore more bulletproof? I think so.

What happens when it doesn't get pulled back in? *strokes imaginary beard*
    hoarding time and space

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    lol it's cool im totally lacking proper structure in my understanding...everyday
    Ah... how to add random lengths of string to a cats cradle... correctly!!!

A question which boggles scientists even now...

Hmm . . . my guess is that, with linear thinking, the data sometimes get pulled back into the mix . . . albeit in a longer route than would have happened by Ne. Then again, is this longer more linear route therefore more bulletproof? I think so.

What happens when it doesn't get pulled back in? *strokes imaginary beard*
    Eh?

Ti analyse information... goes "that's rubbish"... Ne goes "what is?" ... Ti replies "nothing"....
    What happen then?

(not sure about circles... producing too many of my own to sort that one out :eek: )