User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Now that's a smart answer. But if you ask this question on INTJ-f, most people will tell you that INTJs never lie, as they are supposed to be "the most objective" type.
    Stop confusing INTJs with INTPs. We look similar, but we're not that similar.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

I don't care at all about IQ scores, I value what people do with the talents which they were given.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Stop confusing INTJs with INTPs. We look similar, but we're not that similar.
    Yes, you're not.

I'm not confusing anything, and you know it, little Hap'! ()
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTJ

If I know you IQ is high I will probably bust your ass if you don't bust your ass.
    wails from the crypt.

Sniffles

I have a general problem with the whole philosophical underpinnings behind the concept of IQ tests: namely that human intellectual abilities can actually be quantitatively measured on a standardized level.

This is a very flawed understanding of human nature, born out of the general notions of standardization and positivistic scientism that developed during the Industrial revolution(which of course is the era that intelligence testing began). I could go on endlessly on this subject, but frankly I'm too intellectually exhausted to do so.

As far as MBTI and IQ is concerned; MBTI seems to show me the numerous fallacies of IQ testing, or rather the over-reliance of it. Different types have different abilities of comprehending the world, which seems more compatible with the notion of multiple intelligences. Humanity is so much more multi-faceted in its nature.

IQ measures one form of intelligence(Mathematical-logical), and has relevance in that regards. But determining one's overall mental capacities(much less the worth of a human person, as Bell Curve fanatics often do) based on IQ is simply absurd. As people have already pointed out, numerous great minds have tested poorly on these tests - especially more creative minds.

There's also the philosophical issue of is life a mystery or a problem? If life is a mystery, then the notion of IQ seems irrelevant. If life is a problem, then IQ is very important. Again, I could rant on about this, but I'm too tired.

Anyways....that's just my random incoherent two cents. :redface:

Blackmail, your posts on the INTJ obsession with IQ are pure gold.

I would agree that people most often obseseed with IQ are usually INTJs. However, I will point out that not all INTJs are obsessed with IQ.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm ENTP and I think I.Q. is absolute b.s.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

All I think IQ tests are good for is determining how well you completed the IQ test. If I want to test "intelligence" I'd probably test your ability to comprehend and apply an array of concepts.

Actually that may be what an IQ test is. I've never taken one...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    All I think IQ tests are good for is determining how well you completed the IQ test. ...

Actually that may be what an IQ test is. I've never taken one...

I've taken one, and I'd say you're spot-on.

MBTI
    INFP

IQ tests are best for kids below the age of 9 before they're too socialized (esp. girls), and of course, it's only testing a certain type of intelligence, but there is still some degree of reliability to it in that context. To be honest, my life is probably better due to IQ tests. From personal experience, I have no hatred towards it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I believe that IQ tests are an indication of one's ability to perform academically, but not in real life situations.

In other words, having a high IQ means that you're likely to do well in school, using certain kinds of logic, and at taking other standardized tests if you focus, but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll do well at a job or anything else you attempt.

My IQ is above average... about 120-130, IIRC.