User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    The original purpose of IQ was to be a predictor for which children would be successful as adults.
    Not even that. IQ tests were originally developed to organize French school children into specific classes. It was only after the tests were translated into English and shipped to America that they became associated with success. Binet himself was starkly against the use of I.Q. in this manner and publicly decried against it (Fancher, 1985). The I.Q. test that we know today was the invention of Lewis Terman of Stanford University, hence the name, the Stanford-Binet I.Q. Test.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I guess IQ as a normal distributed probability measurement of the performance of the brain is definitly a Te thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    But I think you mean that Te-types would especially be attracted to concepts like IQ?
    Only when that method of quantification is not obviously false. I think they’re rubbish. Few of the Mensa Club’s members have actually gone on to any form of prominence, the original tests failed to even define what they were specifically attempting to measure, there have been various accusations of racist and sexist leaning throughout its 100 years of practice, famed scientists throughout history have tested poorly on the test, correct answers on the test are meant to line up with the conventional thinking process of the test makers, historical genius has more to do with creativity than the aspects the tests attempt to measure, I.Q. shows no correlation with creativity after the 120 I.Q. benchmark, and while I.Q. has been linked to a rather vague idea of success actual net worth has shown no scientific correlation. It’s a good thing that this method has been falling out of favor lately; its now being replaced by various forms of the multiple intelligence theory instead.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

god damn it!

second best, o well . this is a very liberal IQ test, or maybe i just tried harder on this one.

MBTI
    istp

borderline useless

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Meaningless drivel.

Actually, correlation with abstract-logical and/or pattern matching activities makes sense. But there is a lot more to intelligence. I thikn the multiple-intelligence model is more accurate. IQ, I thought, had been debated to death on this forum.
    Well, I took that test with my brain at 50% capacity due to lack of sleep. That would put my IQ at over 300 if I was operating at full capacity.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Iron Sulfide

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Isn't IQ one of those magic subjects, like income and penis-size, that people always lie about?
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    INTJ

The average score they pretend to achieve is just statistically impossible (1). And moreover, a lot seem to believe very strongly to an unchecked and very unreliable source claiming that INTJs would have the best IQs overall (Even if this contradicts the only real scientific study made on this subject).
    The INTJs posting their IQs are not representative, so you cannot say it is statistically impossible. INTJs with low IQ scores compared to the rest will simply not post them... You should also note forum posters on MBTI boards are probably not representative at all either. Many have probably taken several tests and only post their best result as well.

As far as INTJs and IQ goes, they are among the most intelligent types, with an average IQ of 110 or something along those lines. INTPs are the most intelligent though. It's true the source they refer to is ridiculous.
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amadé Mozart

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    The INTJs posting their IQs are not representative, so you cannot say it is statistically impossible. INTJs with low IQ scores compared to the rest will simply not post them...
    No.

I only considered the odd that dozens of people of 150+ IQ could suddenly met together on the same fora, and found 1 out of several trillions.

A lot pretented to have 160+ and higher. Well, there should be only a few thousand people like this in the whole USA. Three dared to reach 170+. Since one was currently living in Chicago, he probably was the smartest man alive in the whole Chicago urban area... Should I continue?
    We don't even have that amount of high IQs in Harvard or the MIT, so what the hell would they be doing on INTJ-f?

And again, it wasn't just one occasional liar or two, as the whole forum was like this. Only a few INTJ (the most rational ones, a minority) had the courage to explain that the whole thread was a statistical nonsense.

---

You can also check the INTJ self-descriptions you can gather on youtube, and you will quickly notice that IQs and alleged intelligence superiority is one of their obsessions.
    Everywhere you find INTJ or so-called INTJs, you will see this trend. So my question is why?

Many have probably taken several tests and only post their best result as well.
    Doesn't change my point, because it means they are liars too.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTJ

No.

I only considered the odd that dozens of people of 150+ IQ could suddenly met together on the same fora, and found 1 out of several trillions.

A lot pretented to have 160+ and higher. Well, there should be only a few thousand people like this in the whole USA. Three dared to reach 170+. Since one was currently living in Chicago, he probably was the smartest man alive in the whole Chicago metropolis... Should I continue?
    We don't even have that amount of high IQs in Harvard or the MIT, so what the hell would they be doing on INTJ-f?

And again, it wasn't just one occasional liar or two, as the whole forum was like this. Only a few INTJ (the most rational ones, a minority) had the courage to explain that the whole thread was a statistical nonsense.

Doesn't change my point, because it means they are liars too.
    Well, I haven't read the actual thread, but it seems to me like you are making the assumption these INTJs are representative, and they aren't. People who post their IQ are different from people who don't, and people who post on MBTI boards are different from those who don't. Both groups are probably more intelligent than the average person. Extreme IQs like 160+ are also very hard to measure, and let's say these people have taken many tests, many bad online tests even, and are just posting their best result, while they in reality are let's say people with IQs of 150, that's quite believable. Also most of these people are talking about ratio IQs probably, and not deviation IQs, making their scores far less extreme. Some might be lying just to prove how stupid IQ tests are though, some as experiments...
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amadé Mozart

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    Isn't IQ one of those magic subjects, like income and penis-size, that people always lie about?
    Now that's a smart answer. But if you ask this question on INTJ-f, most people will tell you that INTJs never lie, as they are supposed to be "the most objective" type.
    Indeed, they usually are. But why are they here, suddenly in self-denial?
    That's an interesting mystery.

Nonetheless... If I follow your idea, maybe we can correlate the need to brag about high IQ with a particular lack of self-assurance?

Maybe we can relate this trend to one of their most terrifying fear, so overwhelming that they temporarily lose the ability to remain objective?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI