User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

Well, you seem to have made my point before me... I guess this post was meaningless.
    It never is. Even if our posts may seem redundant somehow, the main idea here is to share as much opinions as possible, so we can see if there's a pattern (or not, or something else, who knows?).

So you're welcome, and I thank you.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Just did an IQ test, for the first time in my life. Look I am a genius xD

Free IQ Test - IQ Test Score
    Beat ya!

I don't think type has anything to do with how people view IQ tests. However, type does have a strong influence over shoe preference.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

nooooooooo
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    It never is. Even if our posts may seem redundant somehow, the main idea here is to share as much opinions as possible, so we can see if there's a pattern (or not, or something else, who knows?).

So you're welcome, and I thank you.
    You too!

So, you may have a consensus among ENTPs, but what about SJs? Where my peeps at???? What do you guys think? (I'm thinking that our Ne sarcasm that Blackmail was talking about will have something to do with our opinion on the subject.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

From my SJ's dudes I know, they dont care about IQ tests. But if they could score in a particular moment with them, they would. But who wouldnt ? xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't see much use for them, personally. But if you do, more power to ya.

That's the same attitude I have about a lot of things, though.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Well, I've got some mix of ideas. In a summary, IQ and the so-called "mathematical" intelligence or whatnot actually means hell of a lot, and so-called "body-kinestetic-IQ" and other similar are completely bogus, along with "dancing techno in moonlight with candle wax in your ears-IQ".

Those alternate IQ ideas spawn up for some reason, god knows why.

Then again, IQ is about adaptive leverage, having some capability that would enhance your survival, well-being and propagation of genes. So it's about success? We can measure whatever is valued at some place at any one moment, and say that the successful ones have high IQ? I think not.

The classic IQ is the most worthy "IQ" to be thought of, tho other issues matter a great deal. Things like skills, knowledge, etc. Many things that are trainable for the most part, like sociability and such.

I think I have an amalgam of values, where success alone, and not theoretical test-performance alone can measure an individual's capability. Measures that include anything from 20% to 80% of each variable are acceptable to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

i used to be obsessed with IQ tests. i would score above the average (120-130. nothing too crazy) and i kinda liked it. anything for me to get to know myself is a good thing. however, when i took a psychology class ad they told me that IQ tests were made to test how well kids will do in school, i was highly unimpressed. it doesn't really test intelligence at all, but how much of the stuff you've learned and retained. it only calculates the results and not the process itself. furthermore, as CC stated, creativity etc. is simply unmentioned. that's just shit.

i can see why IQ tests have their place in the world but i'm always gonna take that information with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Beat ya!

I don't think type has anything to do with how people view IQ tests. However, type does have a strong influence over shoe preference.
    Meaningless drivel.

Actually, correlation with abstract-logical and/or pattern matching activities makes sense. But there is a lot more to intelligence. I thikn the multiple-intelligence model is more accurate. IQ, I thought, had been debated to death on this forum.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Well, again, we seem to have a quick consensus amongst ENTPs (just like we had on ENTP.org)... I'm not that surprised, as ENTPs usually tend to criticize any normative systems, and IQ tests sure are one. Ne-Ti is a very destructive/sarcastic axis, as much as it is enthusiastic/creative.

But I would be curious to listen what the other side has to say. And, if possible, which functions are involved. There are people who enjoy IQ tests; let's see why...
    The object of this thread is not to criticize their preference, but to understand it, how it is so.
    Well I personally "enjoy" them because I am good at the tasks contained in IQ tests and I find them to be "fun". But that's all...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp