User Tag List

First 1234 Last

IQ is not an accurate measure of Intelligence as a whole but is definitely an indicator of 'giftedness' in the subjects that it does cover.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

As for my opinion, I'd say IQ tests are an accurate measure... on how you are able to pass IQ tests.

They do measure something, but it is really "intelligence" or "giftedness"?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    As for my opinion, I'd say IQ tests are an accurate measure... on how you are able to pass IQ tests.

Yep, just how like School is an accurate measure of how well you can do in School

There is a positive correlation in that people with higher IQs usually have more intellectually straining jobs but it doesn't mean that there can't be exceptions to the trend. I'm still not sure whether it can or can't be a definite indicator of a higher level of intellect, I think one would have to take a leap of faith to go to either side of the argument. Correlation does not imply causation (high iq may very well come from doing intellectually straining jobs instead of the high iq making you go to the job in the first place, or a combination of both, who knows).

MBTI
    INFP

Well..I have an average IQ, I hate it when people "brag", there is nothing wrong with being smart, I understand that they're proud but some show it repeatedly so that we "won't forget"...xD.."we get it", we're happy for you.
    I think EQs should be raised, though .
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I've never taken and IQ test, and I really have no motivation to. It doesn't measure intelligence - it measures how you were raised to think. Scores go up every year, and not because we're getting smarter. They're going up because that method of thinking is becoming more and more ingrained in our society.

I'm not sure if my distrust of it (based on an article I read about it) is an SJ thing or not. Any other SJs agree?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post

Well, you seem to have made my point before me... I guess this post was meaningless.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Just did an IQ test, for the first time in my life. Look I am a genius xD

Free IQ Test - IQ Test Score
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Of course, IQ tests measure how well you do on IQ tests and tasks that are similar to IQ tests. I'm not sure they can predict anything else.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

That I will put in my signature, gonna get some girls with this
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

IQ tests have been proven to be culturally biased and such, and if a test can be skewed on something like culture and such I'm not so sure that it's an accurate measure of much except for the test taker's test taking ability. And success on an IQ test certainly doesn't translate to success in real life in any manner- being hard working or motivated and such also play as big or a bigger role in that.

Basically- IQ tests are just another way to sort and rank people, sort of like phrenology :rolli:

I score well, but I credit that to the fact that I associate standardized tests with food and LOVE taking them because of it
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Well, again, we seem to have a quick consensus amongst ENTPs (just like we had on ENTP.org)... I'm not that surprised, as ENTPs usually tend to criticize any normative systems, and IQ tests sure are one. Ne-Ti is a very destructive/sarcastic axis, as much as it is enthusiastic/creative.

But I would be curious to listen what the other side has to say. And, if possible, which functions are involved. There are people who enjoy IQ tests; let's see why...
    The object of this thread is not to criticize their preference, but to understand it, how it is so.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI