User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    type

Smile Sensing/iNtuiting Game: Perceiving Differences

This game shows how a preference for Sensing or iNtuiting affects what you pick up on. If you are not sure if you prefer Sensing or iNtuiting, you may find value in observing what people with different perceiving preferences notice.

Participants:
    • Active Players (people who are sure of your perceiving preference and are comfortable sharing)
    • The Chorus (people who are unsure of your perceiving preference or who would simply prefer not to be an active player)

The game:
    • Choose one of the images below.
    • Avoid reading any other player's responses before replying.
    • Record what you notice about the image.

Rules for Active Players:
    In your post:
    • Identify which image you chose.
    • Identify your Type, if it's not included in your profile.
    • Record what you notice, as you notice it. Try to capture your first impressions.

Rules for the Chorus:
    Please let a few active players post before joining the discussion. After that, you're welcome to comment and ask questions.

1. A Tower
    2. A Space
    3. A Painting
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Image: A Space

Type: INFJ

Outside it's night...late at night or early morning. It's a gallery in a museum, but it's either just been purchased, or just been abandonned--the floors are still clean, though the light is not. There are plants just off screen, and the next room is bright as if it's lit with neon lights. Now I'm starting to think it's daylight outside. Perhaps this is a space of light and dark, day and night. The room I see the most of feels abandonned, but the bit of the next room I see feel occupied. The next room's light looks cleaner and more like daylight than this room. This room feels haunted and lonely. The plants bother me now because I don't know if they are a reflection or if they are in an alcove. The reflection in the window gives me the impression this main room looks exactly the same behind "us" and is symmetrical.

MBTI
    INTP

Tower Image.

Kind of an unexpected perspective of the Eiffel Tower cuz it is usually depicted in the whole, orthogonally in elevation- it's an icon, a symbolic object, less a spatial experience.

MBTI
    INTP

Tower image

Eiffel Tower, so it's obviously France. Looking up through the tower, nice composition of the photo - not the standard touristy shot. People at the bottom of the tower. Locals or tourists, whatever. Remembering what I've read about the Eiffel Tower, and Eiffel the engineer. Well built construction.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP

This is fun - I want to do all of them

A space:

Cold, loud echoey room. Very modern, wooden floors. Like what you see in the Home decorator magazines. Light coming through the window at the far end, lighting up the space. No furniture, looks like an impersonal public space. The ramp at the left hand side, leading up to something. An outdoor space to the right, also a cold impersonal public space, no plant life.

MBTI
    INTP

A painting

Woot - surrealism! Almost looks like a painting by Renee Magritte but not quite. Something from a slightly newer era perhaps.

Drag my attention back to the details for the purpose of this exercise. There's a woman, a statue, her head sticking out a window and her hands below. And there's a nagging feeling I've seen some of this artist's paintings in a RL exhibition somewhere or in a coffee table art book but I can't remember their name and it bugs me that I can't. The colours are unbalanced, too much reds and oranges and browns - prefer Magritte because the colours are more balanced, more blues and greens and he is a much better artist IMO.

Details, come on, focus on details. Um. I could describe the elements of the painting but that would be *boring* and irrelevant because this is a surrealist painting. To be groked as a whole, not pulled apart into pieces. There's a feeling of static-ness, static society, confining, restricted, repressed.

MBTI
    INXP

I did this one when I was MBTI tested! We were split into groups with the paintings without being told (at that point) what the significance of intuition vs sensing was.

-Geoff

MBTI
    INTJ

Tower image:

"It's the Eiffel Tower, photographed from an angle that makes it look even more phallic than usual."

Space image:

"Nice room. I would love to party there."

Painting image:

"Damn, I'm not into art. Let's see, what did I used to come up with in middle school to appease my art teachers? It's like he's on the inside, looking out. Trapped and lonely and longing to be in the sun."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I did this one when I was MBTI tested! We were split into groups with the paintings without being told (at that point) what the significance of intuition vs sensing was.

-Geoff
    Hey, don't hold out on us. How did it turn out?

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post

-Geoff
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.